Thread: Shipping Winter Clothing Into Canada

Default Shipping Winter Clothing Into Canada

Dear All,

I have a friend who needs us to send a package of winter clothing into Canada and I was wondering if there are any tax restrictions?

(E.g. If i order goods online and have them shipped into Sg, it is my understanding that if they total cost of the items exceeds SGD$400/-, I am liable to pay taxes. Does this apply to my situation of sending items into Canada?)

Kindly advice please.

Thank you.

Default Re: Shipping Winter Clothing Into Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    Dear All,

I have a friend who needs us to send a package of winter clothing into Canada and I was wondering if there are any tax restrictions?

(E.g. If i order goods online and have them shipped into Sg, it is my understanding that if they total cost of the items exceeds SGD$400/-, I am liable to pay taxes. Does this apply to my situation of sending items into Canada?)

Kindly advice please.

Thank you.
    you are sending used or new?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Dear All,

Kindly advice please.

Thank you.
    state on the customs form that its personal belongings. Shouldn't be taxed then.

Dear All,

Kindly advice please.

Thank you.
    A lot? Which part of Canada? Since I'm going, I can do delivery service! Muahaha... Let me earn some bucks for my trip lah

Dear All,

Kindly advice please.

Thank you.
    To some countries you can not send used clothing, better check with the Canadian postal system.......Iknow for Holland it is not allowed, I assume because of possibility of bringing in insects with the clothing. New is fine as long as it is not fake branded goods :-)

HS

Or you can check with Singpost, they have a booklet with prohibited items for each country

HS

Thanks all