Thread: Advice on online hotel booking

Default Advice on online hotel booking

Hi!
    Can anyone advice which online hotel booking sites is secure and able to source good value mid-low range hotel.

Thi is my first time trying to book hotel online and I'm trying to find a secure site as i did a search and found many online booking sites.

Below are some of those i've found(not sure can i list the domain? Mod: kindly remove if its against the rule):
    www.booking.com
    www.hotelclub.com
    hros.net
    www.hotelguide.com

For those of you who have tried booking hotel online, kindly share your experience and any issues i must take note of?? Please advise.

I'll be heading to Germany and probably Prague on a tight schedule

Default Re: Advice on online hotel booking

If the hotel you wish to stay and have an website for on-line booking, then I think it's better than going through a 3rd party website.

I usually made reservations with the hotel direct through their websites instead of 3rd party weblink.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored Dad View Post
    If the hotel you wish to stay and have an website for on-line booking, then I think it's better than going through a 3rd party website.

I usually made reservations with the hotel direct through their websites instead of 3rd party weblink.

Tks for the advise Bored Dad, however i do not have any hotels in mind. And likely i'll staying in 2-3 star hotel thus these mid-low end hotels might not have their own website

Quote Originally Posted by MemoriesLink View Post
    Tks for the advise Bored Dad, however i do not have any hotels in mind. And likely i'll staying in 2-3 star hotel thus these mid-low end hotels might not have their own website
    Can do some search over the internet. If you are going to Germany, I'm sure there'll be some hotel info available from Germany's end. Then locate the city/town that you wish to go and source for any hotel there.

Many of the 2-3 star hotels these days also have website and online bookings.

When I went to Thailand, I stayed in a 3 star hotel too and I booked my room online through it website, and made arranegement for transportation from airport somemore.

Similarily, I travelled to UK and stayed in a hostel, and I made my reservation through online too.

Just need to click on the search engines, it'll not be hard to find out the hotels available already.

Try the following websites:

1. http://www.pragueexperience.com/

2. Prague Hotel Locator

3. http://magistrat.praha-mesto.cz/72635_Accommodation

4. http://www.timeout.com/travel/prague/hotels/

Hope these will help you a little. Will post some more link for you if I do find some more.

Cheers!

More:

More from Prague Hotel Locator

301 Hotels in Prague

3 Stars Hotels in Prague

Think should be more than enough for you already. Hehe...

Call hotel directly or make through the hotel website. They sometimes have this 21 days advance pruchase which is 30-40% cheaper. Prices on 3rd party website makes not much difference. I knew this coz I work in a hotel.

Hi Bored Dad,
    thanks for all the link, very kind of you to share the info.

Hi Helmiz,
    appreciate your advice

cheers!!

Make sure you're transmitting credit information over secured webpages.

There should be a lock icon on your web browser somewhere. E.g. All local online banking sites should have this lock icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    Make sure you're transmitting credit information over secured webpages.

There should be a lock icon on your web browser somewhere. E.g. All local online banking sites should have this lock icon.
    Tks for the reminder Parka. Will take note on this

I agree with Bored Dad abt booking direct with hotels; sometimes, those 3rd party "agency" websites do cockup and I've experienced it 1st hand.

Wow, prague, I also wanna go

Quote Originally Posted by nuts View Post
    I agree with Bored Dad abt booking direct with hotels; sometimes, those 3rd party "agency" websites do cockup and I've experienced it 1st hand.

Wow, prague, I also wanna go
    Really? sound risky to book thru 3party.

Well, i heard that prague is a nice place thus it was my 1st choice location. On a very tight schedule though

Really? sound risky to book thru 3party.

Well, i heard that prague is a nice place thus it was my 1st choice location. On a very tight schedule though
    When theres a ****-up, if the third party website is from the same country that you go to, then its OK as you can call them up immediately and sort the matter fast. The trouble comes when the 3rd party website is based in another country and theres no local representative of that website. Then all you can do is stay in the hotel at their walk-in rate and complain later after the stay.

And also, its no use if you have a confirmation letter from the website as they can claim that the website sell the room without confirming with the hotel. This is a true case which is practised by some travel agents/websites.

However my piece of advice is, book the room through the website. Once done, give a few days allowance and then call the hotel directly to check whether your reservation is there.

Quote Originally Posted by helmiz View Post
    When theres a ****-up, if the third party website is from the same country that you go to, then its OK as you can call them up immediately and sort the matter fast. The trouble comes when the 3rd party website is based in another country and theres no local representative of that website. Then all you can do is stay in the hotel at their walk-in rate and complain later after the stay.

And also, its no use if you have a confirmation letter from the website as they can claim that the website sell the room without confirming with the hotel. This is a true case which is practised by some travel agents/websites.

However my piece of advice is, book the room through the website. Once done, give a few days allowance and then call the hotel directly to check whether your reservation is there.

Surely i dont wanna risk the chance of having all these trouble when i got on to my trip.
    Thanks for the kind advised

Try wotif.com ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tango3 View Post
    Try wotif.com ?
    Hi Tango3 thanks for your reply. But i've already decide to book directly from hotel as most of the brothers suggested. Tks anyway

Hi!
    Can anyone advice which online hotel booking sites is secure and able to source good value mid-low range hotel.

Thi is my first time trying to book hotel online and I'm trying to find a secure site as i did a search and found many online booking sites.

Below are some of those i've found(not sure can i list the domain? Mod: kindly remove if its against the rule):
    www.booking.com
    www.hotelclub.com
    hros.net
    www.hotelguide.com

For those of you who have tried booking hotel online, kindly share your experience and any issues i must take note of?? Please advise.

I'll be heading to Germany and probably Prague on a tight schedule
    Sometimes you can just log into the hotel's own website to book. Most of them do have internet rates with conditions, such as no cancellation etc.. Can try chains like Accor (Sofitel, Novotel, Mercure), and NH hotels.

http://www.accorhotels.com
    http://www.nh-hotels.com