Thread: Abstract Shots @ Sentosa Part 2

Default Abstract Shots @ Sentosa Part 2

Hi guys~
    Chose another 9 shots to share~ Hope you like them~ Enjoy~
    C & Cs are always welcome!

11) This shot comes from the plant quite commonly seen in sentosa~ Rotated it and boost the contrast in order to bring out the leading lines~

12) Just some rope tied around a signboard. Like the texture~

13) Saw this spider web while walking~ Like the reflection from the sun on it~ so colourful.

14) "Sneak" into the tourism academy and walk around for shots. Quite a nice place to shoot, especially for those who like to shoot old colonial buildings~ Really envy the students studying there~ Anyway, it was saturday and school is close, good ambience and mood to shoot. However, i am going for abstract, so... hahaha. Anyway, here is a shot of the tiles on a hmm, side roof??? Not sure how it is named...

Last edited by Yapster; 4th September 2007 at 09:01 PM.

Default Re: Abstract Shots @ Sentosa Part 2

15) A shot of the basketball hoop's net at the academy~ Crop it to this. Simply love the texture and the way it is connected. Thus the title.

16) This is the blind made of wood in the academy. Happen that there is a white wall at the background. So i rotate the shot and made use of it to give a feel of the "scroll" unfolding...in air~

17) A shot of this flower and finally a shot in its natural colour. Like the colour and the way it swerve up. Feels like a "wave of redness" to me.

18) Like the solid feel the thorns display.

19) And last but not least, a divider at the queue at Beach Station of Sentosa. Dunno why, just like it. My fav shot for this last 9 shots.

Ok, guess that will be all to display in case you guys get sick of my unnatural colour shots. And i guess 19 shots kinda symbolize the day, 010907~

Enjoy, guys~
    Last edited by Yapster; 4th September 2007 at 09:04 PM.

Thanks for sharing.

i agree with you in number 15, the texture of the net is great
    a very nice set

Nice shots... Keep them going!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Thanks for sharing.
    You are welcome, grumpy~ Thanks for your ~

Quote Originally Posted by geeteethree View Post
    i agree with you in number 15, the texture of the net is great
    a very nice set
    Hehe, glad you caught the feel in that shot~ If you notice, some shots i did not title them as i cannot find the appropiate word to describe the feel~ Thanks for your comments~

Quote Originally Posted by Danielst View Post
    Nice shots... Keep them going!
    Thank you, Danielst~ Will keep them going as long as i am in Singapore~ Will most probably fly over to Guangzhou on 23rd September for business trip. Wonder if i got the time, strength and mood to shoot in Guangzhou... Will try la~

Quote Originally Posted by Yapster View Post

i like these 3, very nicely seen
    the thorns one is very interesting, the inclusion of the relatively smooth bamboo thing brings out contrast to texture/shape

very minimalistic style, i like it

only question is why you duplicate thread in 2 different sections

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i like these 3, very nicely seen
    the thorns one is very interesting, the inclusion of the relatively smooth bamboo thing brings out contrast to texture/shape

very minimalistic style, i like it

only question is why you duplicate thread in 2 different sections
    Hi,night86mare~ Thanks for your comments and feedbacks~ Oh, cos i took this shot in walkabout session and thus, feel, maybe i should share some here. When i go for my shooting session with my friends, i didn't particularly look for a theme to shoot. I've also shoot some candid shots along the way. But as i mentioned earlier, maybe i am not good in candid shots... Didn't turn out well, so.... didn't post.