Thread: Singapore National Library

Default Singapore National Library

Guys,

Any idea how much is it to built the new National Library? Very curious to know.

Hopefully have some answers!

Default Re: Singapore National Library

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    Guys,

Any idea how much is it to built the new National Library? Very curious to know.

Hopefully have some answers!
    search web loh. look at bca website under green mark. it shows energy saving n construction cost

wat i heard is the timber pamnels at e lift lobby r recycled wood
    Don't cry because its over,:)Smile because it happened.
    items for sale

Quote Originally Posted by hASHbrown_kopitiam View Post
    search web loh. look at bca website under green mark. it shows energy saving n construction cost

wat i heard is the timber pamnels at e lift lobby r recycled wood
    That is why I posted here lor.....I can't seem to find how much it cost to built mar.

The last I have heard is quite ex.........but dunno the exact price.

They don't allow you to take photos inside the Building. I couldn't understand what is the reason behind it. Isn't this a public library, a public property? What are they trying to protect?

If I am in a private property, like shopping centre, then I can understand.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlim View Post
    They don't allow you to take photos inside the Building. I couldn't understand what is the reason behind it. Isn't this a public library, a public property? What are they trying to protect?

If I am in a private property, like shopping centre, then I can understand.
    Perhaps it was build with very expensive and high cost from the public fund, thus, they don't wish general public to know, thus, don't allow any photographic evidents against them? They sure didn't want another similar to NKF saga right?

Godzilla Invades,

Just curious and if you don't mind, why do you wish to know how much to build a National Library? You wish to build one?

Anyway, I think the true answer to your question would probably be known to the government and the stats board that build it. I do have serious doubt that such information would be made available to the general public.

http://www.ntu.edu.sg/cee/iccpm/site_visit.htm

S$200 million

when visualising costs, many people forget about operation costs. will be interesting to know how much the real savings are from all the environmental designs employed. one other unquantifiable cost (irrecoverable as well) is losing the old library building which had already become part of the collective memory of this country.
    Last edited by eikin; 4th September 2007 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored Dad View Post
    Perhaps it was build with very expensive and high cost from the public fund, thus, they don't wish general public to know, thus, don't allow any photographic evidents against them? They sure didn't want another similar to NKF saga right?

Godzilla Invades,

Just curious and if you don't mind, why do you wish to know how much to build a National Library? You wish to build one?
    Siao har.............built? I already mentioned on my first post that I am curious that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    http://www.ntu.edu.sg/cee/iccpm/site_visit.htm

S$200 million

when visualising costs, many people forget about operation costs. will be interesting to know how much the real savings are from all the environmental designs employed. one other unquantifiable cost (irrecoverable as well) is losing the old library building which had already become part of the collective memory of this country.
    Thanks bro.......appreciated.