View Poll Results: Do you carry your gf's bag???

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    88 48.89%
  • No.

    59 32.78%
  • No way I am going to carry it!

    33 18.33%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 188

Thread: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

  1. #161

    Default Re: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
    women have men for good reason too
    A+ comment!!
    constantly learning & trying.

  2. #162
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
    women have men for good reason too
    otherwise got nobody to kpkb?
    have u seen the "light" yet?

  3. #163
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    floating in space.
    Posts
    795

    Default Re: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

    Quote Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
    but sometimes the feeling's really nice when our partners carry our bags for us.
    Why does it feel "nice"? How does him carrying your handbag make you feel "nice"? You mean it's come to the point where a man has to carry a woman's handbag to show that he cares about her? If that's the case, then the relationship is already doomed from the start.

    There are gentlemanly things to do, like opening the door, holding the chair as she sits down, etc etc. But holding a woman's handbag is not one of them.

    Thank god my girlfriend think it's completely stupid as well.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

  4. #164
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

    How nice depends on how intimate the emotional level of relationship is.. Most hold back on doing too much for fear of being hurt which is probably why men have egos and ladies have mood swings.. past that and it's a whole new level but Singaporean generally go through the motion (date - steady - marriage - kids) in relationships so YMMV..
    Last edited by viix; 6th January 2009 at 04:22 PM.

  5. #165
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    There are gentlemanly things to do, like opening the door, holding the chair as she sits down, etc etc. But holding a woman's handbag is not one of them.
    Actually all these holding chair and opening door is basic social etiquette, not something special you do for a GF.. I do this for every girl, auntie, granny, even uncles.. but for the wifey/girlfriend, it's should be a mile more..
    Most of us take basic courtesy as something special we do for someone.. it's no wonder we are a crude and kiasu society still so self serving and self righteous.
    Last edited by viix; 6th January 2009 at 04:34 PM.

  6. #166
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

    for a start society should just dump yesteryear's benchmark on roles both genders are expected. fastforward today, some cling on to them as a leverage for unnecessory tit-for-tat spates.

    peel prawns, hold handbag, open doors, do housework, tend the kids, do dishes, cook & so on. if things issues can cause a major rift in any relationship. finish liao, cos there r bigger issues awaiting.
    have u seen the "light" yet?

  7. #167
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    for a start society should just dump yesteryear's benchmark on roles both genders are expected. fastforward today, some cling on to them as a leverage for unnecessory tit-for-tat spates.

    peel prawns, hold handbag, open doors, do housework, tend the kids, do dishes, cook & so on. if things issues can cause a major rift in any relationship. finish liao, cos there r bigger issues awaiting.
    This is why this generation bitch and whine about such minor issues as above.. these are basic courtesy, but we must appreciate it as we are living in a privilege society and should not expect it as a right because of their gender roles.. Don't mix up the 2 separate issues here..
    Generally relationships of Singaporean are pretty shallow/through the motion.. quarreling over issues as above.. then big issues how to handle? Procrastinating about it is more work than actually doing that something nice so I really wonder why people bother whining? To make a stand for that inner ego that's only serve 1 purpose, to prove they are the alpha male?? It only serve to undermine the instability of the fundamentally weak relationship.

    It's the basic reason why there are so many relationships no longer straight/lasting as they succumb to pressures of society and rebel against it for the wrong reasons..
    Last edited by viix; 6th January 2009 at 04:54 PM.

  8. #168

    Default Re: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    Why does it feel "nice"? How does him carrying your handbag make you feel "nice"? You mean it's come to the point where a man has to carry a woman's handbag to show that he cares about her? If that's the case, then the relationship is already doomed from the start.

    There are gentlemanly things to do, like opening the door, holding the chair as she sits down, etc etc. But holding a woman's handbag is not one of them.

    Thank god my girlfriend think it's completely stupid as well.
    to answer your question: How does him carrying your handbag make you feel "nice"?

    it gives us (excluding your girlfriend maybe) the being pampered, manja feeling.

    your thought about it didnt come close to the "nice" feeling that i intended, if you must know.

    i dont find carrying wife's/gf's bag as a gentlemanly gesture anyways. heh
    constantly learning & trying.

  9. #169
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

    Which is why I always feel, don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk.. don't be in relationships if you can't live 2 lives and more when you have children.. it's not you happy I happy can liao.. everyone stills wants to be in relationship and still live their own live.. Anyway it's too much OT from the handbag topic so I will end here..
    Last edited by viix; 6th January 2009 at 05:00 PM.

  10. #170
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    eastern past
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

    Quote Originally Posted by viix View Post
    Which is why I always feel, don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk.. don't be in relationships if you can't live 2 lives and more when you have children.. it's not you happy I happy can liao.. everyone stills wants to be in relationship and still live their own live.. Anyway it's too much OT from the handbag topic so I will end here..
    i wonder how many guys will want to bash me up now.

    if cant even carry a handbag for gf, next time how to shoulder other responsibilities for the relationship later on aiyo...


    just a nice gesture but if the guy doesnt want, so be it
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

  11. #171
    Deregistered riotvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    at your bedroom window
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

    if it's a huge heavy bag, of course helping out with the burden is fine.

    but i've seen guys carrying their gf's expensive tiny little handbags.

    seriously... what are the hangbags for? might as well put your stuff in the guy's bags.

  12. #172
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

    Quote Originally Posted by riotvan View Post
    if it's a huge heavy bag, of course helping out with the burden is fine.

    but i've seen guys carrying their gf's expensive tiny little handbags.

    seriously... what are the hangbags for? might as well put your stuff in the guy's bags.
    Ok, this I have to chip in, why bother if it's a tiny bag? I've never encountered being asked or offer to carry those tiny clutches.. I know I'll misplace it if it's not of a significant weight!
    Last edited by viix; 6th January 2009 at 05:20 PM.

  13. #173

    Default Re: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

    Quote Originally Posted by riotvan View Post
    if it's a huge heavy bag, of course helping out with the burden is fine.

    but i've seen guys carrying their gf's expensive tiny little handbags.

    seriously... what are the hangbags for? might as well put your stuff in the guy's bags.
    i've seen some guys carry their partner's little handbags too!

    imo,
    - ugly sight
    - makes no sense
    constantly learning & trying.

  14. #174

    Default Re: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

    Need a mega mac ?
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

  15. #175
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

    Quote Originally Posted by David Kwok View Post
    Need a mega mac ?
    But back on the topic, as man age, generally most issues become non issues.. ****, means I'm old liao..

  16. #176
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

    maybe guys should have SAF's Ali-Baba bag. few gals bag cant fit in there for sure!
    have u seen the "light" yet?

  17. #177

    Default Re: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

    Quote Originally Posted by David Kwok View Post
    Need a mega mac ?
    i think some people in this forum do

    hahah thanks for the perfect timing and light comment lulz
    constantly learning & trying.

  18. #178

    Default Re: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

    If my wife or girlfriend have this kinda of mentality, I would throw the bag into the rubbish bin.. haha

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    Why does it feel "nice"? How does him carrying your handbag make you feel "nice"? You mean it's come to the point where a man has to carry a woman's handbag to show that he cares about her? If that's the case, then the relationship is already doomed from the start.

    There are gentlemanly things to do, like opening the door, holding the chair as she sits down, etc etc. But holding a woman's handbag is not one of them.

    Thank god my girlfriend think it's completely stupid as well.

  19. #179
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

    Quote Originally Posted by cereal View Post
    If my wife or girlfriend have this kinda of mentality, I would throw the bag into the rubbish bin.. haha
    You might as well toss in your sex life into the bin too hehehehe.....

  20. #180

    Default Re: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

    Think it depends on the situation.. if she needs to go into the fitting room or washroom, yes. For shopping, i think i would rather carry the shopping bags cos it makes more sense. I saw an incident few weeks ago.. the guy was carrying the small handbag for his gf (and nothing else) on a bus while the gf was on the phone talking and admiring her manicure.. i think this guy deserves a double mega mac lah..

    As much as i like to respect my gf, i would like her to respct me too.. it should works both ways.
    Last edited by Catalyst; 6th January 2009 at 06:47 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •