View Poll Results: Do you carry your gf's bag???

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

88 48.89%
  • No.

59 32.78%
  • No way I am going to carry it!

33 18.33%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

Default Re: Do you mind carry your gf's bag???

in fact after my shoot.. if i meeting my bf... i will just pass him my camera bag hahaha..

heavy?!?! bulky?!?!

handbag - i dont pass hme, is light enough lor

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2 View Post
    Yah boy... The reason why ladies wanna buy those bags is prob cos they look pretty, or they want to match them with their outfits. What's a guy doing with it?!

I can never understand guys who chose to carry their ladies' small or even if large bags. Personally, I think it looks out of place, if not awful. Unless of cos it's temporary only, like if the gal needs to do something. It doesn't say anything too if the guy carries the bag. IMHO, chivalry can be shown in other ways, certainly not carrying HER bag everywhere for her!

To me, it's like a sign she's so weak she can't even lift the bag. As someone said, better not to bring the bag then. Strangely, I only see this happening here. Not in Western countries. I should think ladies there want or love to be with their bags that's why they want to carry it themselves in the first place, and not let the guys do it. Maybe it's a cultural thing.

But carrying a heavy shopping bag for the gal is a different story.

its like earning plus points, then redeem for something nice. Haaa
    one cant just expect goodies for nothing right, cannot take things for granted. Haaa
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Only in Singapore!

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
    I think it's only in S'pore that I see guys proudly swinging their wife/gf's handbag.

In most of other societies, it would be considered "wimpish". My American friend thinks so, too. As for me, I would never do it. If she finds her bag too heavy, I would empty the heavy contents into another shopping bag, and I might carry that for her instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    here's a quick tip I learnt if you don't ever want to carry your g/f handbag.

The next time she giv es it to you, start opening it and go through everything inside it and kapor whatever is inside it. Bet you, there will never be a next time she will let you have that bag to carry.
    Agree with sammy, works everytime.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2 View Post
    Yah boy... The reason why ladies wanna buy those bags is prob cos they look pretty, or they want to match them with their outfits. What's a guy doing with it?!
    That's why you have to wear to match the handbag she carries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    That's why you have to wear to match the handbag she carries.
    the fairer gender probably invented "couple wear", so if her dressing compliments her handbag, im sure the partner won't go wrong if he's togged in "couple wear"
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Guys who carry their gf's bags are pussified.

Handbag so heavy? Need bf to carry? Or are S'porean women so spoiled? I am sure the modern woman is more than capabe of carrying her own handbag.

I always put my things in girls bag lei. After buying lazy to carry. Since their bags so big, just ask them can put inside or not.

I think sometimes if go to a place with dirty toilet, I don't mind holding while waiting outside.

being sweet is 1 thing but over doing it is . dump those spoilt gf(s), local men deserve betta!

Why not?
    Buying a DSLR/SLR does'nt make you a photographer, It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner :)

nothing wrong if just holding on for awhile, but for a guy to parade down the streets carrying a lady's bag, that looks so wrong on the outside, and looks so wrong on the inside as well

I noticed this when I first arrived in Singapore. I was wondering whose fault? The men being overly pampering or the women being overly demanding?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

If the bag is heavy, a man can be a gentleman to carry it. If its just a normal bag, then the woman should be lady enough to carry it herself.

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    Handbag so heavy? Need bf to carry? Or are S'porean women so spoiled? I am sure the modern woman is more than capabe of carrying her own handbag.
    Some SG women might think that being a modern woman means having the guys to do everything including bag carrying. These women can be so ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by boredphuck View Post
    i don't carry my gf's bag because my wife will be angry.
    you so smart to bring them out altogether at once meh.......

no choice leh.....

Yes, Gentlemen do.
    The lady's hand must be quite tired also whatt.
    anyway, if its a Prada/Hermes/Bvgalri bag..would that entice you more to carry the bag?

For some reason or another, ladies seem to carry all kinds of stuffs and make their bags so heavy. My gf's bag may sometimes rival or weigh more than my 190PRO tripod + ball head and I did jokingly asked her on several accounts if she put bricks in her bag

However, she is sensible enough to carry her bag and knows the bag will look silly on me but still, I will carry her bag if she feels tired and until she feels ok to carry again.

so as long she's walking alongside you, you won't look dumb! People are not dumb, I guess they can infer that you're carrying your gf's bag.... besides, its a gentlemanly thing to do.

But I will only do it if she asks me to. Dun think women would do so unless they are really carrying alot of stuff... most women I know are independent young ladies. =)
    Photography -- a new language of mind.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast