Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Star Wars

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Star Wars

    Hi all,

    I took these from outside a shop's glass showcase with D80 and kit handheld without flash. Please give your comment if you have any. Thanks.

    #1 Darth Maul 1


    #2 Darth Maul 2


    #3 Luke Skywalker on Tuan Tuan on the icy Hoth


    #4 The Angry Galactic Emperor - Palpatine


    #5 A Jedi - Can someone please ID the race/species of this Jedi?
    Last edited by lastboltnut; 4th September 2007 at 01:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Star Wars

    #6 Boba Fett


    #7 Jango Fett


    #8 Chewbacca


    #9 Special Ops Trooper


    #10 Lando Calrissian - Han Solo's good friend (sorry a bit of handsake here)


    Thank you and hope you have enjoyed.
    Last edited by lastboltnut; 4th September 2007 at 04:12 PM.

  3. #3
    Member ykgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    KL, Penang
    Posts
    529

    Default Re: Star Wars

    wah.. the lightinh made darth maul looks like real!!!... kudos!
    used Nikon, Canon, Panasonic n Oly.. now Fujifilm

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Star Wars

    Thank you ykgen. The worksmanship of the figurine is superb and good thing that the lighting in the cabinet is not too dim.

    Quote Originally Posted by ykgen View Post
    wah.. the lightinh made darth maul looks like real!!!... kudos!
    Last edited by lastboltnut; 4th September 2007 at 03:35 PM.

  5. #5
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: Star Wars

    Fantastic shots!They don't even look like they were shot through a glass pane!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Star Wars

    Thank you Redsun....thanks to shop crew for keeping the glass relatively clean. I didn't even have my polariser with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    Fantastic shots!They don't even look like they were shot through a glass pane!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Star Wars

    Excellent shots.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Star Wars

    Thank you GarethNew.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Star Wars

    Wow, kit lens is sharp!

  10. #10
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Star Wars

    For a moment i tot when was this cosplay held?
    Great shots..very nice composition..power of kit lens..

    May i noe wat ISO are u using? it looks so clean..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Star Wars

    Yah, the kit lens is good!

    Quote Originally Posted by All Blue View Post
    Wow, kit lens is sharp!

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ipoh, Malaysia
    Posts
    291

    Default Re: Star Wars

    Figurine Shots...I love those.

    PS - no 7 is Jango Fett...father of Boba Fett.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Star Wars

    Hi bro, thanks for the compliment....somehow I have some critics for myself, one example is the DOF is abit too shallow for #7, if only the gun pointing up is in focus too.....

    The shots are taken at ISO500...if you really look at the fullsize, you will see some noise.....but I dun usually pixel peep lah....kit lens mah.

    You can check out more details from my Flickr account.

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    For a moment i tot when was this cosplay held?
    Great shots..very nice composition..power of kit lens..

    May i noe wat ISO are u using? it looks so clean..

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Star Wars

    Yes Cikgu, thanks for the correction. No wonder I find it a bit wierd that Boba is not in green....tot there are some other variant....so Jango is the original and Boba is the clone? Or was it that Boba is real son and then many Boba were cloned?? A bit memory lost liao...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cikgu101 View Post
    Figurine Shots...I love those.

    PS - no 7 is Jango Fett...father of Boba Fett.

  15. #15
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    Hi bro, thanks for the compliment....somehow I have some critics for myself, one example is the DOF is abit too shallow for #7, if only the gun pointing up is in focus too.....

    The shots are taken at ISO500...if you really look at the fullsize, you will see some noise.....but I dun usually pixel peep lah....kit lens mah.

    You can check out more details from my Flickr account.
    well considering that these displays are all static and constraint by the glass showcase..and u have to get close to the subjects to avoid reflections..i would say its very very good....u r just being humble..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Star Wars

    If you say so..... Glad you enjoyed them. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    well considering that these displays are all static and constraint by the glass showcase..and u have to get close to the subjects to avoid reflections..i would say its very very good....u r just being humble..

  17. #17
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: Star Wars

    Your shots really show its not about the equipment.Its the man behind the equipment

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Star Wars

    Thanks.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    Your shots really show its not about the equipment.Its the man behind the equipment

  19. #19

    Default Re: Star Wars

    The light sabre is lighted up???

    Where's Princess Leia??

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Star Wars

    Welcome in Potter.

    No, the light sabres are just coloured plastic rods. I PP a bit for the "lighted" effect.

    Leia? When for a facial, not home....kidding...I shot these while waiting for my wife to return from the washroom, so I did not manage to get all of them on display.....these are just 10-15% of those figurines on display (not all Star Wars though).

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    The light sabre is lighted up???

    Where's Princess Leia??

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •