Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8131617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed SAF serviceman caught...

Default Re: Armed SAF serviceman caught...

Well, that is why I always tell myself and my son, that once you screw it up, you'll always screw up, and you are screwed for the rest of your life and perhaps the next generation's.

To me, the screw up begins with Dave's parents. If they hadn't divorce, perhaps noe of the incidents would have happened; brother won't die and he wouldn't have gotten into so much trouble. If the dad didn't screw up again after divorce and went to jail, perhaps none of these incidents would have occured.

Yeah sure, there are some who comes from the disadvantaged or broken family who have made it, but I've got to agree with satay16, that there are more who would not have gotten out of the vicious cycle.

Bottom line is, dun ever, ever screw up in your life.

Hope his family dun too sad...

Smile Re: Armed SAF serviceman caught...

you take such a simplistic view of life. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post
    Well, that is why I always tell myself and my son, that once you screw it up, you'll always screw up, and you are screwed for the rest of your life and perhaps the next generation's.

To me, the screw up begins with Dave's parents. If they hadn't divorce, perhaps noe of the incidents would have happened; brother won't die and he wouldn't have gotten into so much trouble. If the dad didn't screw up again after divorce and went to jail, perhaps none of these incidents would have occured.

Yeah sure, there are some who comes from the disadvantaged or broken family who have made it, but I've got to agree with satay16, that there are more who would not have gotten out of the vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    you take such a simplistic view of life. good luck.
    Oh, my life no need luck, I just lead a simple life that's all. because my parents didn't screw it up and I'm made for life.

Now is my turn to do the same for my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by kiama View Post
    actually i feel sorry for him after reading this, if it's true
    I do feel sorry for him for what he has gone through, but why do something that will aggravate what has happened? Will his act safe his grandma, or bring their parents back together?

I'm not sure if he has already gone out of his mind, but if he has a clear mind then, I'm sure his family will be real sad. A stupid act indeed.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    it's quite easy. at that time, it's late at night, so they are only supposedly three people awake. the sentry, guard comd and gate ic. the prowlers would prowl quite fast and go back to bed and the guard comd is resting (or sleeping secretly) in the guard house. so all it takes is to wait for the gate ic to go to toilet, the sentry can just go out of camp with the sar21.
    If its late at night, the gate will be locked yeah? Only the guard comm have the key.

This batch of guard duty personel screw up big time.

His mind have to be sound to pull this kinda stunt off. The intention is there clearly.......shoot to kill. Somemore his is an infantry soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    If its late at night, the gate will be locked yeah? Only the guard comm have the key.

This batch of guard duty personel screw up big time.

His mind have to be sound to pull this kinda stunt off. The intention is there clearly.......shoot to kill. Somemore his is an infantry soldier.
    hmmm.......dunno leh. mine not locked, just closed. haha, looks like those night movement trainings paid off.

hmmm.......dunno leh. mine not locked, just closed. haha, looks like those night movement trainings paid off.
    Sure boh? 12am-6am the gate is supposed to be locked with chain and padlock. No one can get in/out without the guard comm's approval.

From 6pm-2359pm, the gate IC is supposed to be near the closed gate and the guard comm will be in the guard room.

Isn't this the SOP?

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Sure boh? 12am-6am the gate is supposed to be locked with chain and padlock. No one can get in/out without the guard comm's approval.

From 6pm-2359pm, the gate IC is supposed to be near the closed gate and the guard comm will be in the guard room.

Isn't this the SOP?
    hmmm........ this....... i have to see next time. cos i rememebered when i ordered mac deliverly, the gate ic jsut opened the gate without much hassle, and was at 2am that night.

haha, but i guess from now on, the gate will be chained and locked after this sar21 incident.

When a person is not in the right frame of mind, he would do anything without realising the consequences. Even if the consequences are clear, he would feel a compelling reason to risk it, no matter what it takes.

For the many strange behaviors we encountered in life, we are all capable of doing it. The only difference is that our life history is different and that is how we become what we are today.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post

This is a very simplistic form of viewing things. Life is never fair. It depends a lot on how a person reacts to every situation. In every situation, there is darkness and light. Question is which path u take?

1 SIR just had their COC done, the new CO would be shocked. All guards personnel till RSM to CO will all kena...

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz View Post
    There are some who choose to be failures in NS, but are high-flyers today.

One chap I knew, was a weakling, always got charged for silly mistakes because he was considered an idiot, nearly got sent to DB for insubordination..He did all these on purpose because he simply refused to fit into the NS "Culture".

Now he's in an Ivy League school reading Development Studies and Economics, and doing freelance work for an international NGO (UNDP affiliate) in Asia every summer.

But such people are few and far between.
    Just returned from my reservist... Like what you said, some are blur-fu**s in the army but high flyer in their civilian lives...

Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion View Post
    This is a very simplistic form of viewing things. Life is never fair. It depends a lot on how a person reacts to every situation. In every situation, there is darkness and light. Question is which path u take?
    Agree ....I decided to choose the "DARK SIDE"

Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion View Post
    Actually, it is not that simplistic in my statement at all. I think many may have misinterpreted my thoughts la.

How a person reacts to situation, veru much depends on his/her innate nature and temperament, and also his/her enviroment, and the experiecne a person goes through and learn from.

Now take a look at his family background, the kind of parents he had, the environment he grows up in, the experience he went through his life, the experience of losing his parents to divorce and brother through death, it is not difficult to see why he chose to do what he did.

Given that he lost his kins early in life, it is not difficult to see why he'd want to cling on to his ex GF so badly. She is probaby one of the few people left in his life and one that he probably loves a hell lot. He doesn't want to lose anymore of his possessions.

Most people, given the kind of environment they grow up with, would have dealt with the same situation differently. And thus, the reason why I said that once you screw things up, you'll continue to screw everything up. That's because the environment and experience one goes through, plays an important role shaping up one's reaction.

The only way, to prevent further screw up, is to severely alter one's environment and at the same time, provide counselling. This is what rehabilitation is all about.

Of course, to think that rehabilitation can be easily achieved, is itself utopic and simplistic.

Quote Originally Posted by kiama View Post
    actually i feel sorry for him after reading this, if it's true
    Indeed it is very sad. I guess what he was thinking must be: His beloved younger brother already left this world a few years ago, his grandmother is going to soon, and his g/f also left him for someone else. Who else does he still have in the world, is there anything for him to continue to live in this world? If he goes out to kill, then he will soon join his younger brother, his grandmother, and maybe his g/f too. A happy family reunion in the other world.

This is not atypical. Many people go astray because they don't have friends who really care about them, to offer them help in time of need.
    Come visit my blog

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    Indeed it is very sad. I guess what he was thinking must be: His beloved younger brother already left this world a few years ago, his grandmother is going to soon, and his g/f also left him for someone else. Who else does he still have in the world, is there anything for him to continue to live in this world? If he goes out to kill, then he will soon join his younger brother, his grandmother, and maybe his g/f too. A happy family reunion in the other world.

This is not atypical. Many people go astray because they don't have friends who really care about them, to offer them help in time of need.
    sad case, he is from a broken family, hope the govt can help him out with some counsellors and finanical support.
    Last edited by raincool2005; 9th September 2007 at 11:29 PM.

i disagree. there are indeed people you are successful in their future life despite coming from broken families. but have you forgotten about the other 99999 people who were unlucky and crumbled in the immense stress? it is not about that few extrodinary examples, but the unnoticed majority.
    if you are strong, you will succeed no matter what
    if you were weak in the first place, not necessarily due to nature, but possibly from other things as well, even if you had a supportive family you might still crash & burn
    it's a matter of the combination of other factors as well, in your life
    family is not everything, sorry, at least not to everyone

i don't think it's as bad as 99999
    perhaps if you liken it to a toss of the coin i might agree

are you claiming that majority of people from broken families end up social failures? i doubt so. highly.

Quote Originally Posted by hanqiang1011 View Post
    Just returned from my reservist... Like what you said, some are blur-fu**s in the army but high flyer in their civilian lives...
    Very true, during my bridging course. Had one fellow who was super blur, always knocking into things, couldn't perform the procedure properly for building a bridge. To the point, he was deemed a risk and might kill himself or someone else if he was sent to a bridging unit. Of course he was also no 1 most marked man during the course, getting abused for everything and even nothing by the instructors. However end of course, he was posted to clerical duties and just before he orded, he confided in me that all the time he was bullshitting and acting blur. He just endured the suffering during the course to ensure he will be graded so badly he will post to clerical duties. As he said "look at all the top guys in our course, what are they doing? Building bridge while I am sitting in office..."

Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    Very true, during my bridging course. Had one fellow who was super blur, always knocking into things, couldn't perform the procedure properly for building a bridge. To the point, he was deemed a risk and might kill himself or someone else if he was sent to a bridging unit. Of course he was also no 1 most marked man during the course, getting abused for everything and even nothing by the instructors. However end of course, he was posted to clerical duties and just before he orded, he confided in me that all the time he was bullshitting and acting blur. He just endured the suffering during the course to ensure he will be graded so badly he will post to clerical duties. As he said "look at all the top guys in our course, what are they doing? Building bridge while I am sitting in office..."
    He is irresponsible and not helping himself. We need all the able men to do the job. He is just wasting his time and the tax payer's money.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8131617181920 ... LastLast