Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 712151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed SAF serviceman caught...

Default Re: Armed SAF serviceman caught...

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    well, anyway, i want to thank him. because of him, my commander ordered for me to be permenantly barred from guard duty. dang............ now i become mess boy liao.
    best vocation is mess boy. drink beer and stout whole day.. must be heaven...

Quote Originally Posted by advrider View Post
    best vocation is mess boy. drink beer and stout whole day.. must be heaven...
    erm............ vocation?????????? harlo lah, NS not THAT relaxing. it is mess duty i'm talking about.

I am really curious how he managed to get out of camp with the weapon & rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    erm............ vocation?????????? harlo lah, NS not THAT relaxing. it is mess duty i'm talking about.
    make sure you clean the tiger beer mugs properly.

must do a good job. then the chief clerk will give you a good unit and nice vocation when you ord. that is the advice i can give you.

Quote Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post
    it is really not that hard....

actually i feel sorry for him after reading this, if it's true

it's quite easy. at that time, it's late at night, so they are only supposedly three people awake. the sentry, guard comd and gate ic. the prowlers would prowl quite fast and go back to bed and the guard comd is resting (or sleeping secretly) in the guard house. so all it takes is to wait for the gate ic to go to toilet, the sentry can just go out of camp with the sar21.

this may seem cruel hearted
    but frankly i think we have been hoodwinked by all the scientists that talk about nature and nurture and all that crap

there's no one reason to explain why someone does what he does, or takes whatever path he takes
    like i was saying to a friend the other day
    there are people with broken families who grow up against the odds and make it big in life
    there are people with beautiful families who grow up to be failures in life, whatever a failure in life may be
    and i'd be betting that the second group put into a broken family would turn out almost the same anyways
    and vice versa
    it's just the choices we make, who we are, both nature AND nurture play a part

which is why we should never judge anyone by their past/background

Now, we hear of this NSman gone kuku becos of GF.

Come to think of it, anyone heard of a gal gone crazy becos of BF left her - gal could cut her wrist, take 30 panadols or attempt to jump down from HDB point block.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    this may seem cruel hearted
    but frankly i think we have been hoodwinked by all the scientists that talk about nature and nurture and all that crap

there's no one reason to explain why someone does what he does, or takes whatever path he takes
    like i was saying to a friend the other day
    there are people with broken families who grow up against the odds and make it big in life
    there are people with beautiful families who grow up to be failures in life, whatever a failure in life may be
    and i'd be betting that the second group put into a broken family would turn out almost the same anyways
    and vice versa
    it's just the choices we make, who we are, both nature AND nurture play a part

which is why we should never judge anyone by their past/background
    i disagree. there are indeed people you are successful in their future life despite coming from broken families. but have you forgotten about the other 99999 people who were unlucky and crumbled in the immense stress? it is not about that few extrodinary examples, but the unnoticed majority.

Quote Originally Posted by smallaperture View Post

Come to think of it, anyone heard of a gal gone crazy becos of BF left her - gal could cut her wrist, take 30 panadols or attempt to jump down from HDB point block.
    yeah. quite sad. i heard about the wrist slitting and panadols, but jumping....... i haven't heard before.

Quote Originally Posted by smallaperture View Post

well, think few years ago, got 1 police officer or something (female) lend a pistol to a guy rite... another sad case...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by kiama View Post

i felt sorry for him too if its true. Just like watching movie, if you are a policeman and chasing after a robber. Caught him and he tell u his wife left him leaving a 4mths old kid behind. He just lost his job and couldn't find one for 2mths and also left with a 79 years old sick mother. He needs to feed them. What will u do?

Quote Originally Posted by glay78 View Post
    i felt sorry for him too if its true. Just like watching movie, if you are a policeman and chasing after a robber. Caught him and he tell u his wife left him leaving a 4mths old kid behind. He just lost his job and couldn't find one for 2mths and also left with a 79 years old sick mother. He needs to feed them. What will u do?
    Refer to social worker...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    well, think few years ago, got 1 police officer or something (female) lend a pistol to a guy rite... another sad case...
    yar. vaguely rememebered something like that. and for a non-local case, there was this female who help his bf to escape jail, was it, or something like that? i think it happened in china.

Quote Originally Posted by glay78 View Post
    I can tell you this. If you just caught up to the robber and arrested him, he tell you all this story about his life leading up to the moment you caught him. Well you only just know him, you want to believe his story? Just at "face value" as the arresting officer, you want to let him go? You want to know how many stories I have heard with those I have arrested before and later back at the station you hear some are made up stories just to avoid being arrested and some are not even so drama. Sometime you need to detach yourself from your feelings and do your job. Something this idiot corporal should have done in the first damn place.

If he falter now and have screw up his life...well sorry to say..this is the principle of Darwinian Law at work. You have a brain and are healthy and you can't figure things out? Hey I have had g/f problems too ...I might act childish or maybe even stalk her but comon. Steal a rifle and bullets and walk out of the camp? Well not being mean lah but good luck to him.

Newpaper did run this article in the front page.

I feel more sorry for his grandma.

I also feel that their parent irresponsible.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

One more month ORD/ROD liao
    Why do this type of stupid thing no matter how sad (or not) his story at home is

Grandma with cancer now. I feel very sorry for her but I feel more disgusted with him. If you actually have any love for your grandmother, would you go about doing what you did, get arrested and leave your anguish grandmother with one less person to help her in her time of need?

I am just speaking out loub here and maybe it is a knee jerk reaction to what I read. lah.But I suddenly feel if maybe he purposely did all this to avoid responsibility to take care of the grandma. In a way yes I think the parent at fault. They could not care less, screw up their marriage, dumped the kid on others (something I have hear more then a few times from other families in these day and age) and now the son does the same thing to others.

AS a saying goes "What wouldn't kill you will make you stronger". In his case, he took the easy way out. He wants to have fun, dressing up and have a g/f to enjoy which is good and fine but he wants nothing to do with real life responsibility he has. It's a tough life he had thus far. Granted. But all his woedid not happen to him one after the other within a week so he has time to take this all in and try to find some help or think this thru as I have seen others who did.

Now, I don't wish it on anyone and in a way I have to feel for him but you also have to look at it this way, society is not going to be giving you a handout anytime soon to help your life problems or ailing grandmother...so you have to step up and do something yourself..but doing it this way..that just makes it alot worst for everyone concern. I just hope there would be more help given to the grandma..she really is the one he hurts the most with his hero act ultimately .....not his ex g/f or his irresponsible parents or society at large if that was what he intended to do.
    Last edited by sammy888; 9th September 2007 at 12:57 AM. Reason: typo

One more month ORD/ROD liao
    Why do this type of stupid thing no matter how sad (or not) his story at home is

If he can think rationally, do you think he will do it?
    Probably he is under severe stress/depression.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 712151617181922 ... LastLast