Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 49121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed SAF serviceman caught...

Default Re: Armed SAF serviceman caught...

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    saturday, see my girlfriend,
    saw her with, another girl,
    kill the girl, (beep) my girlfriend,
    with my rifle and my buddy and me-ee-ee.

see, it all comes together like a nicely fitted puzzle.
    take them both mah!

guys, pls do not speculate on how he did it nor who's getting into trouble for this matter.
    [QUOTE=dan_1337;2947523]if it was painted white, it would cost twice as much as Sigma =P[QUOTE]

Did anyone see the Straits Times video about the arrest of the second guy? One photographer's camera got kicked. I felt the pain. THE PAIN!

The video can be found in this link. Under ""Army Corporal Teo And Friend Charged"

http://www.straitstimes.com/Latest%2...ry_154996.html

I pray for the camera's recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by madcadamia View Post
    Did anyone see the Straits Times video about the arrest of the second guy? One photographer's camera got kicked. I felt the pain. THE PAIN!

The video can be found in this link. Under ""Army Corporal Teo And Friend Charged"

There should be laws protecting camera man and video man.
    Birds Of Singapore Android App released!
    the mac 13 on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by madcadamia View Post

welcome to clubsnap.

Haiz ... jus for a girl ... Dun worth it lor
    Canon5DMk2//17-40L//70-200 F2.8L//24-105L//35L//135L

Quote Originally Posted by sh_37 View Post
    In my opinion, he'll be charged by one court only. (either military or civil. not both) Just like the shooting incident many years ago at the Selarang Camp where the bobo-shooter soldier, doing guard sentry, fired upon command but he hit and kill the taxi driver instead. It became a civil matter solely.
    If "Live View" was invented then.... anyhow sure no booboo one...
    Boss say:"Now i shall downgrade u all2 $90 flat for OT!"
    I say:"better ask blanga do..." :bsmilie:

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Got... I remember one such case, he had a violent tendency... so safer for the rest if he didn't carry any arms.
    My BMT days got one guy from another platoon even more "psychopathic" .. he kept on throwing his dummy grenade during practise which landed less than 1m. away.. all of us nextday we never see him again...
    Boss say:"Now i shall downgrade u all2 $90 flat for OT!"
    I say:"better ask blanga do..." :bsmilie:

Quote Originally Posted by waterlucky View Post
    If "Live View" was invented then.... anyhow sure no booboo one...
    still need to invent anti-shake system for the gun lor...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

My BMT days got one guy from another platoon even more "psychopathic" .. he kept on throwing his dummy grenade during practise which landed less than 1m. away.. all of us nextday we never see him again...
    I heard about this guy who threw his grenade and shouted: "Pikachiu! I choose you!"

He obviously thought it was funny but his PC didn't....

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter View Post
    I heard about this guy who threw his grenade and shouted: "Pikachiu! I choose you!"

He obviously thought it was funny but his PC didn't....
    why pikachiu i choose you? dont get it leh..haha

at least its a dummy one ok...i got one throw the live one next to the other bunker ok...all the PC and PS make sure he nv fire or throw another live one again...everyone is scared...live firing fire into the wrong lane ok...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    why pikachiu i choose you? dont get it leh..haha
    u obviously dun dig pokemon...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    u obviously dun dig pokemon...
    haha i really dont >.< only know pai ka and pai chui soldiers are pikachui..

Arrow Re: Armed SAF serviceman caught...

AWOL soldier charged with stealing weapon

Also hauled to court is a man said to have been with the corporal in a Geylang hotel room on Monday

By David Boey

THE army corporal who went missing with a loaded assault rifle over the weekend appeared to have holed up in a Geylang hotel before he was nabbed on Monday night.

Dave Teo Ming, 20, booked a room in Champagne Hotel in Geylang Lorong 16 for four nights - starting last Friday.

It appears that Teo, the first soldier in about 20 years to be charged with stealing his weapon, had company in the hotel.

Also charged yesterday was Ong Boon Jun, an unemployed 21-year-old, who is said to have been in the room with him from 3.45am to 7.30am on Monday.

Teo faces a jail term of between five and 20 years and caning under the Arms Offences Act.

As for Ong, his offence was keeping mum - even though he knew that Teo had an illegal weapon on him.

He faces a jail term of five to 14 years and caning.

In the last reported case in 1986, a 20-year-old full-time national serviceman who stole a rifle, 30 bullets and other military items was jailed five years and given 12 strokes of the cane.

Teo was trained as an infantry rifleman with the 1st Battalion, Singapore Infantry Regiment.

He is said to have fled Mandai Hill Camp on Sunday while on guard duty.

He went missing, along with an SAR-21 assault rifle and and several 5.56mm bullets for the weapon.

A massive islandwide manhunt involving some 200 police officers was launched before Teo was finally arrested at Orchard Cineleisure mall on Monday evening.

Police caught him in a toilet on the mall's third floor. When he was nabbed, he was dressed snappily in a black suit and tie. The loaded rifle was found with him in the toilet.

The Geylang hotel staff said that later on Monday night, police turned up, asking to see the room.

Room 401 was empty save for the remains of two McDonald's breakfast meals and discarded hamburger wrappers.

A Nokia phone charger was plugged into a wall socket.

Yesterday, hotel staff told The Straits Times that Teo had checked into the room in the early hours of the morning.

The room was booked in the name of a Thai woman - although Teo signed for the room keys and paid the $30 per night room rate.

It is believed that the Thai woman, who signed in as 'Kanjama' in the hotel records, has also been picked up by police.

Ms Elsie Tan, 56, the hotel's receptionist, said police also took away footage recorded by the security cameras.

Teo enlisted for national service in September 2005.

When he went absent without official leave, he had only one month to go before completing his NS stint.

Teo, wearing a white polo T-shirt and black shorts, appeared uneasy as his eyes darted around the crowded courtroom yesterday morning.

He spotted several family members in the crowd and they exchanged nods but did not get the opportunity to speak to one another.

Both Teo and Ong are remanded for another week for further investigations.

Also in court yesterday were Teo's paternal grandparents, two cousins and several friends.

They resolutely refused to speak to reporters, and there was a small commotion outside the courts when Teo's male cousin and grandfather lashed out, kicking and pushing at photographers and a television crew.

After Teo's civil case, he will face more disciplinary action, but this time, in a military court.

A Ministry of Defence spokesman told The Straits Times that the Singapore Armed Forces will take 'appropriate disciplinary actions following investigations'.

dboey@sph.com.sg

ADDITIONAL REPORTING BY JERMYN CHOW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WHY POLICE KEPT MUM

'A decision was taken not to make the information public as that might put him on his guard or make him feel cornered. This might endanger the public.'

A POLICE SPOKESMAN, responding to queries on why an information blackout was necessary while Dave Teo Ming was on the run

Copyright 2007 Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. Co. Regn No.
    198402868E

http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/St...ory_155194.html

so simple rite, police kept mum = stompers dun know...

if stompers know... u think what will happen?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    so simple rite, police kept mum = stompers dun know...

if stompers know... u think what will happen?
    haha, endless senseless comments.

no lor... u will see those who faster take pics of the gun then go to nearest wireless area to post... 1st post of guy with SAR21...

If stompers know, then the thread title becomes "Armed SAF serviceman at large somewhere, maybe near you..."

oh ya, when you ORD? got the urge to try the same stunt?

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 49121314151619 ... LastLast