Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What you guys do to save the earth environment ?

Default Re: What you guys do to save the earth environment ?

Although I walk instead of taking the feeder bus. I'm not actually saving the earth. The feeder bus still runs everyday.

Actually, to save the earth is more on doing actual things instead of not doing things.
    Last edited by Parka; 4th September 2007 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    Although I walk instead of taking the feeder bus. I'm not actually saving the earth. The feeder bus still runs everyday.

Actually, to save the earth is more on doing actual things instead of not doing things.
    It make more different if you use public transport instead of car. 1 bus 20 person better than 5 cars each 4 person.

BTW , while we talking about environment, how come nowaday rain everyday from morning to evening or around 12 till 18 ?

Turn off the lights more often

I don't use air conditioning when I sleep. Heard from an engineer that the optimum setting is 25 degrees, and to use it with a fan, because a fan uses much less electricity than an aircon, and an aircon generates more heat than it cools.

Quote Originally Posted by bahibo View Post
    I wonder that given current environment state , do you do anything ? And what you do ?
    i make more DIY stuff for camera instead of buying. save the earth, save my pocket.

Recycle, use less plastic bags, and use rechargeable batts as much as I can...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

shoot less models, so can save more on electricity, (charging camera/ flash batteries, running computer all need power)

if really need, ask them not to make up, so can save more animals life (some cosmetic use animals for lab test)

and shoot jpg only also, don't touch up on photos, so can use less power to run computer.

and also shoot outdoor only, so can save on electricity, (air con, studio flash all consume lots of power)
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Drive a hybrid vehicle.
    I have a near-mint Olympus E-620 Underwater Case for Sale. PM me for a great deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Oly5050 View Post
    Drive a hybrid vehicle.
    Sorry, which model you driving ? Can let me know

honesly, the earth will do a lot better if we humans aint around in the first place..
    sigh.

i tell my friends around me how whales and dolphins are spectacular types of marine creature and we shouldnt pollute our oceans because the pollution would make their way around the world poisoning them via ocean currents directly and indirectly.
    can u imagine u not watching flipper and jessica alba together?

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    honesly, the earth will do a lot better if we humans aint around in the first place..
    Well , we don't know other type of high evoluted species may replace human if we are not around , and they may do the same things.

What so bad about the earth is that a lot people say they don't care. Well, if they don't care, or pretend that they cant do anything nor the problem concern them , this prevent earth become the better place.

Embrace Fuel cell technology

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    Haven't you heard? We are a virus with shoes heheh...

Quote Originally Posted by bahibo View Post
    Well , we don't know other type of high evoluted species may replace human if we are not around , and they may do the same things.

What so bad about the earth is that a lot people say they don't care. Well, if they don't care, or pretend that they cant do anything nor the problem concern them , this prevent earth become the better place.
    i don't know,
    its not that i don't care,
    just not conceited to think that i can save the earth's enviroment
    or its in need of being save.

the environment has being changing constantly since the start,
    what man now try to save is its current state,
    which is what we need in order to live or something like that.

earth can take care of itself very well.
    man over pollute, man cannot live, man extinct.
    problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    Embrace Fuel cell technology
    bringing in? want investor?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by Kalas View Post
    i don't know,
    its not that i don't care,
    just not conceited to think that i can save the earth's enviroment
    or its in need of being save.

the environment has being changing constantly since the start,
    what man now try to save is its current state,
    which is what we need in order to live or something like that.

earth can take care of itself very well.
    man over pollute, man cannot live, man extinct.
    problem solved.
    Well, actually i read one essay on livescience about this , the title is "Earth will survive but will we ? " Of course saving the earth i was refering to saving the living environment , i don't want the world where most animals, fishes, bugs ,birds gone extinct , where our existence is gone . We over pollute the earth, we know that, that why we have to act for that.

Futhermore, what i worry is that "when the rich wage war,only the poor who die"

And ......Even what we do can't save anything ,but if you can do something to make the world a better place ,why not...

I usually tell the cashier I don't need the plastic bag..

I use my aircon only on very hot nights, probably about 10 times a year; and set it at 27 deg when I do..

I try not turn on the lights in the house unnecessarily; helps since I'm not night-blind..

I teach my 2.5yr-old nephew about animals and environment; luckily he prefers Animal Planet to SpongeBob..

I show my travel pictures to family, friends and colleagues, and try to slip in eco-education slogans here and there..

I have stopped eating turtle meat for almost 20yrs, even though I remember it as very delicious..

My household recycles newspapers, plastic bags, plastic containers, use rainwater for washing floor (covered with layers of gauze to prevent mozzies) etc..

We have water-filled plastic bottles in toilet cistern to reduce volume per flush..

When I drive, it's without aircon and at high-speed/low-rev; burns lesser fuel, extends range per tank..

I cycle when I need to travel short distances; I take public transport when I can..

Anyone got any other suggestions?
    Last edited by Ally; 6th September 2007 at 10:48 AM.

Most Hollywood actors own a Toyota Prius… but they also have their Hummers and Escalades.
    Last edited by Jix; 6th September 2007 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    I usually tell the cashier I don't need the plastic bag..

I use my aircon only on very hot nights, probably about 10 times a year; and set it at 27 deg when I do..

I try not turn on the lights in the house unnecessarily; helps since I'm not night-blind..

I teach my 2.5yr-old nephew about animals and environment; luckily he prefers Animal Planet to SpongeBob..

I show my travel pictures to family, friends and colleagues, and try to slip in eco-education slogans here and there..

I have stopped eating turtle meat for almost 20yrs, even though I remember it as very delicious..

My household recycles newspapers, plastic bags, plastic containers, use rainwater for washing floor (covered with layers of gauze to prevent mozzies) etc..

We have water-filled plastic bottles in toilet cistern to reduce volume per flush..

When I drive, it's without aircon and at high-speed/low-rev; burns lesser fuel, extends range per tank..

I cycle when I need to travel short distances; I take public transport when I can..

Anyone got any other suggestions?
    Remember to off computer , when off please unplug since even when it is off, it still consume electric. Same for other electronic device.

And thank you for what you do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast