Thread: Starhub speed down?

Default Starhub speed down?

Hi guys,

Just wondering anyone experiencing extreme slow network? like it takes tons of time to load windows update. And lots of other websites i frequent takes much loader (except for clubsnap)

I even tried accessing the net on my laptop (Fresh Winxp) but accessing windows update and other sites are just as slow.

I am on direct connection to the cable. Living in west side of Singapore.

Anyone got any idea? or numbers i can call to clarify with starhub? Or is it normal?

Regards,
    Leeter

Default Re: Starhub speed down?

perhaps you could test your net speed?

http://www.speedtest.net/

i think its quite accurate. if i'm not wrong, when there are alot of users, the whole thing will just slow down regardless of speed.. so perhaps you could let starhub know and they might send a technician down to check..
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by leeter View Post
    Hi guys,

Just wondering anyone experiencing extreme slow network? like it takes tons of time to load windows update. And lots of other websites i frequent takes much loader (except for clubsnap)

I even tried accessing the net on my laptop (Fresh Winxp) but accessing windows update and other sites are just as slow.

I am on direct connection to the cable. Living in west side of Singapore.

Anyone got any idea? or numbers i can call to clarify with starhub? Or is it normal?

Regards,
    Leeter
    Aiyoh.. windows update sites ah? I just set my auto update off. CMI! Because once MS rolls out a new update, the whole world's windows PCs (I can't imagine the number) will be trying to access the site for updates!!! Of course slow lah!

I've been getting slow speeds over the past couple of days too, especially over the weekends. I realised (for me at least) that speeds are best before 9am on Sat and Sun mornings... not sure if it'll be the same for you. Guess as more people log onto the fat green pipe, the fat gets spread too thin...

Quote Originally Posted by relaxxjaxx View Post
    I've been getting slow speeds over the past couple of days too, especially over the weekends. I realised (for me at least) that speeds are best before 9am on Sat and Sun mornings... not sure if it'll be the same for you. Guess as more people log onto the fat green pipe, the fat gets spread too thin...
    Now is a THIN GREEN Pipe......

Kind of feel upset with slow speed... esp when gaming..... lag, and lag...
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

it could be BayTSP at work..

no one is safe.

i've been getting my full 12mbps and a bit more for quite a while

i'm fine so far.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by relaxxjaxx View Post
    The fats clogged the pipe...

it was slow last week but now its blazing fast for me
    Where words fails, music and picture speaks