Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: duplicate car keys ???

  1. #1
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default duplicate car keys ???

    good morning to all !!

    i lost one of my car keys yesterday... so now i need to duplicate maybe 2 more to keep it in case i loose it. i think i left somewhere at home.. but just cant find it.

    can someone tell me where i can duplicate my car keys ??

    i dun want to go back to kah motor... they are going to chop my head off also.. anyone ?

    thanks in advance.

  2. #2

    Default Re: duplicate car keys ???

    Do you still have at least one of the keys?
    You can try this
    http://www.autokey.sg/

  3. #3

    Default Re: duplicate car keys ???

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    i dun want to go back to kah motor... they are going to chop my head off also.. anyone ?
    Ahhh you feel like a carrot today bro?

  4. #4
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: duplicate car keys ???

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Ahhh you feel like a carrot today bro?
    i havent call them.... but i called my good friend... who also replaced his keys last month. but he went to kah motor and let them chop chop...

    i still want to use the extra cash for something else one leh...

  5. #5
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: duplicate car keys ???

    Quote Originally Posted by fido-dido View Post
    Do you still have at least one of the keys?
    You can try this
    http://www.autokey.sg/
    yeah.. still have one of the keys of course.....

  6. #6

    Default Re: duplicate car keys ???

    if your keys are those normal keys, not those buttons press here and there ones, you can get it from any keymakers

    If it's not those press here and there one, better go back to your dealer. The autokey site oso chop carrots !

  7. #7
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: duplicate car keys ???

    wah.. website no pricing ???

  8. #8
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: duplicate car keys ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    if your keys are those normal keys, not those buttons press here and there ones, you can get it from any keymakers

    If it's not those press here and there one, better go back to your dealer. The autokey site oso chop carrots !
    alamak... wait i take peekture let u all see..

  9. #9
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: duplicate car keys ???

    this is the key.


  10. #10

    Default Re: duplicate car keys ???

    aiya this key ah!
    go to any key maker can liao lah!
    if u want more assurances, just go to those mister mint or something like that.

    I see them around shopping areas all the times.
    Less than 20 bucks.

  11. #11
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: duplicate car keys ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    aiya this key ah!
    go to any key maker can liao lah!
    if u want more assurances, just go to those mister mint or something like that.

    I see them around shopping areas all the times.
    Less than 20 bucks.
    the head also oem one ah ? or can get the same ?

  12. #12

    Default Re: duplicate car keys ???

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    the head also oem one ah ? or can get the same ?
    I think Mastermint (not too sure of the name) has the same head. It's not difficult to get lah. don't worry.

  13. #13
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: duplicate car keys ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    I think Mastermint (not too sure of the name) has the same head. It's not difficult to get lah. don't worry.
    ok ok.. thanks alot.. i go jurong point and IMM check it out....

    thanks nisa.

  14. #14

    Default Re: duplicate car keys ???

    The agent should have a special code for duplicating the key for your car.

    The last time i did that for a nissan & a mitsubishi car in usa. Of course, the agent needed some form of verification first (that I was the car owner) before releasing the codes. I brought the codes to a professional key maker and he punched out the keys. It wasnt cheap like a side by side duplication, but at least cheaper than what the agent quoted.

    The painful way would be to change all the locks. Now that would cost a real bomb.

    Good luck.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: duplicate car keys ???

    chey... tis 1 is just normal keys...

    iirc to dupe a key with remote at Kah Motors cost 400-500 each... siaoz...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: duplicate car keys ???

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    The agent should have a special code for duplicating the key for your car.

    The last time i did that for a nissan & a mitsubishi car in usa. Of course, the agent needed some form of verification first (that I was the car owner) before releasing the codes. I brought the codes to a professional key maker and he punched out the keys. It wasnt cheap like a side by side duplication, but at least cheaper than what the agent quoted.

    The painful way would be to change all the locks. Now that would cost a real bomb.

    Good luck.
    nah, the best is, lost keys? change car...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  17. #17
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: duplicate car keys ???

    actually no, if you lose your keys, change your alarm system

  18. #18

    Default Re: duplicate car keys ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    iirc to dupe a key with remote at Kah Motors cost 400-500 each... siaoz...


    Zun bo....

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: duplicate car keys ???

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post


    Zun bo....
    was told tis from the salesman lor...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  20. #20

    Default Re: duplicate car keys ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    was told tis from the salesman lor...
    Hmm... call their workshop/service centre people direct.

    Their quotes are drastically different from salesmen (who will try to chop carrot head whenever they can) - at least that was my experience from Komoco.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •