Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

Thread: Advise on 24" wide screen.

  1. #21

    Default Re: Advise on 24" wide screen.

    Monitor just arrive...................hehe. DELL service is too damn fast!

  2. #22
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Advise on 24" wide screen.

    Wah King Tiger - your desk really neat sia model citizen hehe

  3. #23

    Default Re: Advise on 24" wide screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    Monitor just arrive...................hehe. DELL service is too damn fast!
    how's it.

    I also got the 24" from Dell at comex. they haven't confirm when they are delivering.

    Also can I check if they deliver the -HC version as stated on their web or the non-HC version?
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Advise on 24" wide screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    how's it.

    I also got the 24" from Dell at comex. they haven't confirm when they are delivering.

    Also can I check if they deliver the -HC version as stated on their web or the non-HC version?
    HC.......lar. Hehe.......

  5. #25

    Default Re: Advise on 24" wide screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    HC.......lar. Hehe.......
    can't wait for mine to come.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Advise on 24" wide screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    can't wait for mine to come.
    If you have a colour screen calibrator would help you a lot!

  7. #27

    Default Re: Advise on 24" wide screen.

    I ordered online. Expected delivery Friday. Hope it is a good product. Everyone tell me don't buy ---so and so stories----------
    Finally waiting patiently.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Advise on 24" wide screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
    I ordered online. Expected delivery Friday. Hope it is a good product. Everyone tell me don't buy ---so and so stories----------
    Finally waiting patiently.
    I am using dual screen in my company, both of them 24 inch HC version.

    All my 3 graphic designers in my company is also using 24 inch.

    At home my wife is using 20inch wide screen and I am using 2 X 24 inch.

    Convince liao or not?

  9. #29
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: Advise on 24" wide screen.

    I'm on Dell 2405. Total satisfaction, esp watching movies.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Advise on 24" wide screen.

    Why not 27"? too much more exp?

  11. #31
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Advise on 24" wide screen.

    Dell's the best bang for the buck.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Advise on 24" wide screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    Why not 27"? too much more exp?
    It's the same resolution as the 24inch. Not worth it. Not because it's ex but unless they can ooomp up the resolution.

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default Re: Advise on 24" wide screen.

    things will be bigger though with the same resolution... it's the same reason why people are buying bigger tv which have the same resolution as the smaller ones.
    Last edited by mpenza; 4th September 2007 at 11:48 AM.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Advise on 24" wide screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    It's the same resolution as the 24inch. Not worth it. Not because it's ex but unless they can ooomp up the resolution.
    So, the logical way is to go either 24" or 30"?

  15. #35
    Senior Member King Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the heart of SengKang
    Posts
    5,882

    Default Re: Advise on 24" wide screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    Eh you DELL lover har? What model is your rig?
    No Dell lover lah, but no time to analyse and fix own PC.

    So bought a full package that cover 3 yrs warranty for all (5yrs for monitor).

  16. #36
    Senior Member King Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the heart of SengKang
    Posts
    5,882

    Default Re: Advise on 24" wide screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Wah King Tiger - your desk really neat sia model citizen hehe

    Yo vince123123, me no model citizen lah.

    Only for photo taking, then the desk is neat only.

  17. #37

    Default Re: Advise on 24" wide screen.

    Wah my Dell 2407WFP-HC is way too bright..
    even after I calibrate using Spyder2 Pro, i uses all the ambient measurement and set the brightness/contrast as per what the program tell me to, but the final result is very bright. so bright it's hurting my eyes.. What is the solution?

  18. #38

    Default Re: Advise on 24" wide screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx View Post
    Wah my Dell 2407WFP-HC is way too bright..
    even after I calibrate using Spyder2 Pro, i uses all the ambient measurement and set the brightness/contrast as per what the program tell me to, but the final result is very bright. so bright it's hurting my eyes.. What is the solution?
    I told you liao mar. You will need to get use to it. It will be fine once your eyes get adjusted to the brightness. Anyway, I am sure you can tune down a little with the brightness a little if you find it too bright!

    Hehe.....just imagine I have 2 X 24 inch in front of me...............the brightness is double yours!!!!!!!!!!

    Plus you have never use a 24 inch wide screen before as well. So it takes time to get use to it as well since we grow up with normal 4:3 aspect ratio from 14-21inch CRT monitors
    Last edited by Godzilla Invades; 4th September 2007 at 09:21 PM.

  19. #39

    Default Re: Advise on 24" wide screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    I told you liao mar. You will need to get use to it. It will be fine once your eyes get adjusted to the brightness. Anyway, I am sure you can tune down a little with the brightness a little if you find it too bright!

    Hehe.....just imagine I have 2 X 24 inch in front of me...............the brightness is double yours!!!!!!!!!!

    Plus you have never use a 24 inch wide screen before as well. So it takes time to get use to it as well since we grow up with normal 4:3 aspect ratio from 14-21inch CRT monitors
    Hahaha but it's damn hard to adjust. I'm sitting near to 1m away from the screen and the brightness was killing me. I've resolved it already leh! When I calibrate using Spyder2 Pro, i just disable the ambient measurement. hehhe

    Oh another thing.. I realized quite alot of changes i see on screen with this monitor, especially clubsnap's 'Sticky' background color.. It used to appear as very light beige on my Macbook. Now with my 2407, it appeara little bright yellow! Wow what a huge difference leh.. So what is the 'correct' color for it anyway? Hehehe

    Anyway, personally i find the contrast and brightness controls are not as precise as it seem... Only using Spyder2, then I can calibrate the 2 controls well.

  20. #40

    Default Re: Advise on 24" wide screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx View Post
    Hahaha but it's damn hard to adjust. I'm sitting near to 1m away from the screen and the brightness was killing me. I've resolved it already leh! When I calibrate using Spyder2 Pro, i just disable the ambient measurement. hehhe

    Oh another thing.. I realized quite alot of changes i see on screen with this monitor, especially clubsnap's 'Sticky' background color.. It used to appear as very light beige on my Macbook. Now with my 2407, it appeara little bright yellow! Wow what a huge difference leh.. So what is the 'correct' color for it anyway? Hehehe

    Anyway, personally i find the contrast and brightness controls are not as precise as it seem... Only using Spyder2, then I can calibrate the 2 controls well.
    Yeah it's good to use a calibrator as factory settings are just a little off. You can actually download from DELL website as well for other custom profile settings too.

    Correct colour for CS bar? Well it depends.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •