Thread: new IMAC screen

Default new IMAC screen

I just saw the newer IMACs and I thought that they were REALLY terrible.

What is with the ultra-reflective screen? I see reflections of every thing behind me in the indoor shop at funan.

I was thinking of replacing my 2.6 years IMAC G5 and now I dunno what to get.... IMAC mini with dell 24" ...

Is the new screen contrast or whatever better? Surely they must have a reason for that ultra-reflective coating.....

Default Re: new IMAC screen

Yeah, I do agree, if you're going to place the iMac under a strong light source.

It is supposed to be built for the major consumer market, where the trend now is towards glossy screen, and it apparently shows better colour saturation than a matte one.

There's no iMac mini, but a Mac Mini la. The 24" dell with a Mac mini sounds like a good idea to me....

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post

What is with the ultra-reflective screen? I see reflections of every thing behind me in the indoor shop at funan.

I was thinking of replacing my 2.6 years IMAC G5 and now I dunno what to get.... IMAC mini with dell 24" ...

Is the new screen contrast or whatever better? Surely they must have a reason for that ultra-reflective coating.....
    its glossy screen. supposed to "make your pictures look better"

and also the glass screen.....

i've tested it out in private thou.... ok la. isnt as bad as you think. but the imac is slower den one of my PCs which has the same spec. i dunno why...

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    its glossy screen. supposed to "make your pictures look better"

and also the glass screen.....

i've tested it out in private thou.... ok la. isnt as bad as you think. but the imac is slower den one of my PCs which has the same spec. i dunno why...
    its like going to a printer...

u: uncle, i wanna print these photos...
    uncle: matt or glossy?
    u: hmm, i think i putting over a kopi table book, got laminate... so matt gum sia...
    [...]
    u: ...but then customer like blink blink... uncle glossy double shot...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post

its for security purpose... add mirror finishing so can see who behind you... but 1 scratch nia thats it... darn striking...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.