Writing to the press is free. Fighting a case in Court is not.
Expose them. Expose them for their ultra vires actions.
Last edited by waileong; 4th September 2007 at 02:25 PM.
i thought google earth images are 3 years behind of current building/landmark placings?
Last edited by lsisaxon; 4th September 2007 at 03:27 PM.
Well, the Minister has almost unlimited powers granted to him/her under that act.
We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde
I guess the management thinking... SOMETHING MUST BE DONE TO SHOW THE PUBLIC WE ARE WORKING. EVEN IF IT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL.
Anyway who needs to take picture or photograph if they can remember the place. Terrorist ONLY DESTROY. So why do they need to take pictures (MRT etc)... additional work. OR do they need to get Experts advise to bomb the place so that there will be a certain designer black flowery shape appearing after the blow up??? including the type of fragrance or stench.
A simple question... do you take pictures wherever you go so you won't loose your way???
:blah: D80, Sigma 18-50/f2.8, 70-200/f2.8 (HSM).
key words from smrt's reply. ..... 'we do not allow' ..... . it does not say it is an offence... . so, if you do not seek their permission, then what? what will they do?
So now do you believe our taxes are used to feed Pigs.
Stop photo taking and you can stop terrorist. hahahahah.
Exactly this is the same way that SBS said that "we authorise our bus drivers to confiscate EZ Link cards", that is not the same as the bus drivers actualyl having the right ot forcibly confiscate it if you refuse.
Its all word play intended to give a cerrtain impression to the public, without actualyl saying the impression as that can be contradicted.
It is also the same as the Singnet case where Singnet said "we did not consent to Odex's demands" when trying to give an impression they did not surrender. It was reported the Judge said that the pre-action discvoery application by Singnet was made with consent.
easiest would be just take, then go.
you don't have to announce to the whole world that you took a few shots on the train or platform.
Don't be the one, who farted, to be the first to deny.
even if they allow...doesnt mean one can set up tripod, shoo everyone away and block traffic, pose hazard. (unless u represent some major corp (or pull strings), which have submitted request to have permit and approved, and have an mrt staff cordon off an area for you)
Last edited by sbs99; 5th September 2007 at 12:36 AM.
Talk about asking us to be vigilant against motorvehicle crimes... This is what you get from them if you are vigilant. Waste of time...
Some people are just uptight for reasons they themselves don't even know.
It's like the character of Sandra Bullock from the movie Crash, "i wake up every morning feeling angry...and i don't know why"
4. —(1) If as respects any area it appears to the Minister to be necessary or expedient that special measures should be taken to control the movements and conduct of persons therein he may by order declare that area to be a protected area for the purposes of this Act.
(2) Any person who is in any protected area shall comply with such directions for regulating his movement and conduct as may be given by an authorised officer, and an authorised officer may search any person entering, or seeking to enter, or being in, a protected area, and may detain any such person for the purpose of searching him.
meaning the gahment ppl can ask u to stop taking pics and if u continue to do so, u can be detain. of cos if u take liao run away he can't do anything la. maybe chase then tackle u for loitering with intent?
(3) If any person while in a protected area fails to comply with any direction given under subsection (2), then, without prejudice to any proceedings which may be taken against him, he may be removed from the area by an authorised officer.
5. —(1) If as respects any premises it appears to the Minister to be necessary or expedient that special precautions should be taken to prevent the entry therein of unauthorised persons, he may by order declare the premises to be a protected place for the purposes of this Act; and so long as the order is in force no person shall be in those premises unless he is in possession of a pass-card or permit issued by such authority or person as may be specified in the order, or has received the permission of an authorised officer on duty at those premises to enter those premises.
(2) Where, in pursuance of this section, any person is granted permission to be in a protected place, that person shall, while acting under such permission, comply with such directions for regulating his conduct as may be given by the authority or person granting the permission; and an authorised officer, or any person authorised in that behalf by the occupier of the premises, may search any person entering, or seeking to enter, or being in, a protected place, and may detain any such person for the purpose of searching him.
(3) If any person is in a protected place in contravention of this section, or while in such a place fails to comply with any direction given under this section, then, without prejudice to any proceedings which may be taken against him, he may be removed from the place by an authorised officer or any person authorised in that behalf by the occupier of the premises.
(4) Pass-cards or permits issued under subsection (1) shall be in such form as may be specified in the order made under that subsection, or in such form as the authority or other person specified in the order may determine.
oops. missed out this part. don't run hor. later kana shoot.
Special powers in protected areas and protected places.
9. Any person who attempts to enter or who is in a protected area or a protected place and who fails to stop after being challenged 3 times by an authorised officer to do so may be arrested by force, which force may, if necessary to effect the arrest, extend to the voluntary causing of death.
Nope, I didn't miss those Sections, already considered and dismissed.
I am considering the position where you are taking photographs OF the MRT station OUTSIDE the MRT Station, ie from a public road.
I am not considering taking photographs of the protected place INSIDE the protected place as I am well aware that that is an offence.
Well, by the time the cops come, probably you're gone already.
Also, its questionable whether the cops have a right to force you to disclose your particulars. That said, if its a cop, its probably better to give, and also take down HIS particulars (rank name serial number etc) so that you can investigate further later on.
If it is an MRT staff asking, I'll probably ask him to go fly a kite.