Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: OLYMPUS C-5050 vs Nikon CP5700

  1. #1
    MrGadget
    Guests

    Default OLYMPUS C-5050 vs Nikon CP5700

    May i know which is better?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    u n k n o w n
    Posts
    692

    Default Re: OLYMPUS C-5050 vs Nikon CP5700

    Originally posted by MrGadget
    May i know which is better?
    it depends what you want.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    yup, both cameras are fairly different in terms of features and are suitable for different conditions.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  4. #4
    MrGadget
    Guests

    Default

    I am using C5050 now. But the limited 3 times zoom is making me mad sometime.

    Should I change to CP5700 or wait for successor of S602Z in coming months?

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    Originally posted by MrGadget
    I am using C5050 now. But the limited 3 times zoom is making me mad sometime.

    Should I change to CP5700 or wait for successor of S602Z in coming months?

    Thanks
    u shd sell me the 5050 cheap and get the 5700
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  6. #6
    MrGadget
    Guests

    Default

    Cheap? how cheap is your limit? How about $800????

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    OZilla
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Originally posted by MrGadget
    Cheap? how cheap is your limit? How about $800????

    how about trading for a 602Z??


    pm if you are willing to sell or trade

  8. #8
    MrGadget
    Guests

    Default

    $800 is just a joke.


    If i would sell my C5050, my reserve price is $1200. Perfect new condition. bought on 25 Jan 2003. 10Mths ++ warranty left.

    With following item,

    OLYMPUS C5050
    (include remote, charger, battery x 4, 32MB xD memory) ,

    OLYMPUS CLA-1 adaptor tube

    43mm Hoya UV Filter(always on to protect the Camera len),

    43mm VITACON CIR POLARIZER

    A LOWEPRO D_RES 220 AW BAG

    DIGI Slave flash

    TOTAL worth : $1350


    Anyone interested???

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    Originally posted by MrGadget
    $800 is just a joke.
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    OZilla
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    me too

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    OZilla
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx
    hey denizenx
    have you decided which underwater RIG to buy?

  12. #12

    Default Re: OLYMPUS C-5050 vs Nikon CP5700

    Originally posted by MrGadget
    May i know which is better?
    Wow you sure you want to buy the CP5700?

    If you are going to spend that money...I might advise you to buy an E20P or E10.

    CP5700 is not a camera for action shots, shots in low lighting, street life shots. It sucks big time in these categories.

    It is a however, a good cam for still life and nature/ landscape, portraits where the subject is still. The emphasis is however, bright lighting. the CP5700 cannot shoot in low lighting...so it's f4.8 at 8x zoom vitually cannot focus.

    Keep the 5050 lah. The most important thing is bright lens.

    What do you shoot?

  13. #13
    newuser
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by MrGadget
    $800 is just a joke.


    If i would sell my C5050, my reserve price is $1200. Perfect new condition. bought on 25 Jan 2003. 10Mths ++ warranty left.

    With following item,

    OLYMPUS C5050
    (include remote, charger, battery x 4, 32MB xD memory) ,

    OLYMPUS CLA-1 adaptor tube

    43mm Hoya UV Filter(always on to protect the Camera len),

    43mm VITACON CIR POLARIZER

    A LOWEPRO D_RES 220 AW BAG

    DIGI Slave flash

    TOTAL worth : $1350


    Anyone interested???
    If you do fetch around $1.2K for your sale, might as well consider the C-750Uz, 10x optical zoom, more than the Coolpix 5700's 8x.

  14. #14

    Default agreed

    Originally posted by newuser
    If you do fetch around $1.2K for your sale, might as well consider the C-750Uz, 10x optical zoom, more than the Coolpix 5700's 8x.
    Agreed...brighter lens too 2.8-3.5

  15. #15
    MrGadget
    Guests

    Default Re: Re: OLYMPUS C-5050 vs Nikon CP5700

    Originally posted by NorthernLights
    Wow you sure you want to buy the CP5700?

    If you are going to spend that money...I might advise you to buy an E20P or E10.

    CP5700 is not a camera for action shots, shots in low lighting, street life shots. It sucks big time in these categories.

    It is a however, a good cam for still life and nature/ landscape, portraits where the subject is still. The emphasis is however, bright lighting. the CP5700 cannot shoot in low lighting...so it's f4.8 at 8x zoom vitually cannot focus.

    Keep the 5050 lah. The most important thing is bright lens.

    What do you shoot?

    Hi NorthernLights,

    Got someone offer $1200 already, Maybe collect on saturday.

    Actually I like to shoot bird, animal, nature or landscape. That why i want more Zoom. Do you think i should keep my C5050?

    Btw, I do love my C5050 interm of functions, bright len, LCD. But I just want more zoom.

    How much is E20 and E10, issit good? WHat is the max Zoom I ca get if i add zoom len to it? Maybe I consider E20 if below $1800.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    Originally posted by waisj
    hey denizenx
    have you decided which underwater RIG to buy?
    re-confused again... since the small cams are so underwhelming... maybe I just whack the money into Sipadan first...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    OZilla
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx
    re-confused again... since the small cams are so underwhelming... maybe I just whack the money into Sipadan first...
    ha ha me too..... sipadan $1880 ... for 9 days

    ikelite housing for 5050Z $1100
    5050Z about $1250....

    no camera ..... priceless

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    West
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Originally posted by newuser
    If you do fetch around $1.2K for your sale, might as well consider the C-750Uz, 10x optical zoom, more than the Coolpix 5700's 8x.

    Oly digicam is terrible when comes to nite shots. So much CA and noise. I won't recommend it. Just like 700Uz, 720Uz & 730Uz... all long exposure nite shots turns out bad.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Re: OLYMPUS C-5050 vs Nikon CP5700

    Originally posted by NorthernLights
    Wow you sure you want to buy the CP5700?

    If you are going to spend that money...I might advise you to buy an E20P or E10.

    CP5700 is not a camera for action shots, shots in low lighting, street life shots. It sucks big time in these categories.

    It is a however, a good cam for still life and nature/ landscape, portraits where the subject is still. The emphasis is however, bright lighting. the CP5700 cannot shoot in low lighting...so it's f4.8 at 8x zoom vitually cannot focus.

    Keep the 5050 lah. The most important thing is bright lens.

    What do you shoot?

    If you are thinking of E20, wouldn't it be better to get a 10D.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    490

    Default

    One of my camera happens to be CP5700, and I have to say that every camera has its quirks.

    CP5700 is a great camera. There are more pros than cons. I find people tend to dig out 1 or 2 cons in a camera in order to dishonour it. What about the pros?

    CP5700 is complex and versitle, it is an excellent camera if you can master it. It has loads of features compared to others in its class. True, & unsaturated colours. Great 8x Zoom. Swivel LCD (everone wish they have this in their camera). Compact. Exellent macro built without need for additional closeup lens)

    To say that it is bad for candid, is not true. I have taken lots of candids shots and the camera seldom fail me. (Check out the candid shots link below).

    I have also listed some reviews and sample user's galleries below for everyone's viewing pleasure esp the newbies.

    As for Spirit's question in choosing between 5000 or 5700. Get the latter.

    Reviews:

    Steve's DigiCams

    Digital Secrets Nikon CP5700 Report

    Dpreview's Nikon Coolpix 5700 review

    A-DIGITAL-EYe

    Walter Starck Review of CP5700

    EPhotozine

    DCRP Feature: Nikon Coolpix 5700 / Minolta DiMAGE 7i Shootout

    DCRP Review: Nikon Coolpix 5700 Photo Gallery

    DM2000 Review

    Macros Shots Test

    A FAIR COMPARISON OF THE CP5700 & D1X

    www.dcviews.com

    Megapixel.net reviews the Nikon Coolpix 5700


    User's Galleries:

    Scott Bell Candid shots

    2002 Petit Le Mans Road Atlanta Racing Cars

    Candid Shots

    Indoor Sports Action :Slam Dunk

    Rob Wiseman's Gallery - Nikon 5700

    Antarctica Highlights

    Assorted Pics

    Derek Hawkins Gallery

    Frank Lenaerts

    Lizs Dressage Show (Horse Riding)

    Marta Franco

    Michael's Nikon Coolpix 5700 Gallery

    Cincinnati Fireworks

    littlemiamifootball

    Clint Thayer's Autumn Pics

    Japan

    Jarrell's Gallery

    Mushroom Macro

    Derek Hawkins's Gallery (Nature, Scenery, Macro etc)

    Klaus DK's Gallery (Botanica, animals, scenery etc)

    David Robinson

    Jim Tan

    Have u seen snowflak?

    Terry Alexander's Gallery (Many Assoted Pic)

    Tijmen Smit

    Wetceal's Gallery (Have u seen a blue frog?)

    Alex Chen's Gallery

    Bimo's Gallery (Comparison of CP5000 & CP5700)

    CoolPix 5700 INFRARED


    Forum:

    dpreview.com Nikon Talk Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •