Thread: watermark

Default watermark

This is most interesting. However I think it may not be enough to prevent people poaching your work. I downloaded 2 photos from this forum containing the watermark and managed to remove them. So other people can do so too.

Default Re: watermark

Originally posted by neptune
    This is most interesting. However I think it may not be enough to prevent people poaching your work. I downloaded 2 photos from this forum containing the watermark and managed to remove them. So other people can do so too.
    This topic has been discussed so many times already. I don't think anyone here believed that adding watermark will be enough to prevent leeching.

If backgrounds can be changed, DOF can be tweaked, distracting objects can be removed, skin complexion can be improved, all by digital post procssing, then what is a watermark to the person with the full intention to leech a picture? Sometime this can be as simple as just cropping the picture.

The fact that you downloaded 2 pictures and removed the watermark is a clear violation of the picture owners' copyright.

- Roy
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.