Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DA* lens at COMEX

Default Re: DA* lens at COMEX

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Congrats on the new purchase, Des. It's a wonderful lens, I'm sure you'd love it. Price is abit expensive, but well worth it

Now let's see some wonderful photos from it then
    Thanks fengwei, agreed with the pricing. The street price will be around $100+ cheaper when it is available.

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    istDes, congrats on the new addition, though I would have thought you would have bought it AFTER Comex and save some money in the process.

BTW my Japanese client tells me it's about S$1400 in Japan and the 50-135mm just a little more. He expects it will come down price wise.
    Yes Dennis, I thought of buying after Comex also, but I understand they're are not going to release the balance unsold to the market after Comex and the shipment will come in around 1 month time or later which i won't be around.
    Last edited by istDeS; 31st August 2007 at 10:18 AM.

shriro has so many other business that pentax is just one of their sidelines rather.

Give them a little slack, they are distributors, not a retail entity. Like most agents or distributors, they set and adhere to the recommended retail price or list price. They manage the consignments coming here and offer the retail outlets a trade allowance or a dealer price. The retailers will set a selling price based on the a certain margin which is usually lower than the RRP. Anyway they did manage Nikon for quite a while.

To me a consumer fair like Comex offers a chance to pick up and play with new stuff. Sort of like a try before you buy.

BTW was at Sim Lim today after visiting a client. Boy was the place quiet, with some shops closed because they need their staff to deploy at Comex. Was planning to buy a K10D body but... gulp ... got sidetracked and bought something else. Really a Lens Buying Accident.

BTW was at Sim Lim today after visiting a client. Boy was the place quiet, with some shops closed because they need their staff to deploy at Comex. Was planning to buy a K10D body but... gulp ... got sidetracked and bought something else. Really a Lens Buying Accident.
    OMG. What didja get?!

just tried out in comex today, the 16-50 lens looks splendid.
    the built of kit lens is really not satisfactory, focus ring so slack

Quote Originally Posted by Equatorer View Post
    just tried out in comex today, the 16-50 lens looks splendid.
    the built of kit lens is really not satisfactory, focus ring so slack
    aiya, its not slack lah.. thot you had been doing a lot of 'research'?

That is the quick focus feature on DA lenses!

ah? but many of other forum users do dislike the focus ring leh
    sounds not practical leh, for quick focus, why not af then what's the ring for..
    for mf, i prefer more friction,, anyway, the focus ring feels quite unreliable, or at least gives such illusion..

Quote Originally Posted by dnaxe View Post
    OMG. What didja get?!
    He got this thing lah

Congrats Denis, and I'm sure you'd love it

Now let's see some LBA shots, wouldya

Quote Originally Posted by Equatorer View Post
    ah? but many of other forum users do dislike the focus ring leh
    sounds not practical leh, for quick focus, why not af then what's the ring for..
    for mf, i prefer more friction,, anyway, the focus ring feels quite unreliable, or at least gives such illusion..
    the quick focus feature is quite useful if you need to and know how to use it. it gives you the full control of your focusing between AF and manual correction. When you half-press your trigger to lock your focus, then it give u the extra feature to be able to make a manual correction to the focus before you release the trigger.

the other lenses w/o quick focus is then troublesome. When your half-press to lock your focus, you may need to re-engage your focus again to get another focusing point. But with the quick focus on DA, you can use 2 finger to turn the ring and get it right without re-engaging your AF. Its a hybrid feature, where you instantly have the manual focus feature when you need it in AF.

so far, i don't see anything wrong or unreliable with it. Infact, I find pentax way of doing this innovative. The other 3rd party, C and N lenses don't seems have this feature. (not that i know of).

many forum users dislike the focusing ring? ai ya, where are you reading them from? from people like you who don't understand it? it is not very nice you post remark like slack when you didn't completely understand it.

cheerss..

Actually wanted to buy a K10D yesterday to replace the one that I gave away but somehow got err... sidetracked. Well I think my plans for the DA* 50-135mm will have to wait.

FA77... Great lens, so we will be seeing more portrait shot from you soon.

cheerss..

Ha, ha, influenced by Pentax grand master's footsteps in portrait/model pictures. Since cannot get a FA85 like his, must settle for something closer in focal length... This is a keeper.

Congrats Dennis, LBA did strikes you. They are very good and well bulit lens. You will get addicted. That's why i only admire and don't dare to get any of the FA Limited Lens because if I start to get one, I will sure get the others. Enjoy!

Congrats...very nice lens indeed.
    If I got this, no more 50-135 for me...who am I kiddin'

Thanks guys, LBA is hard to cure, especially when more Pentax lenses start showing up on the shelves of camera shops.

But wait, now got more Pentax lenses on sale in B&S...

Quote Originally Posted by seafone View Post
    the quick focus feature is quite useful if you need to and know how to use it. it gives you the full control of your focusing between AF and manual correction. When you half-press your trigger to lock your focus, then it give u the extra feature to be able to make a manual correction to the focus before you release the trigger.

the other lenses w/o quick focus is then troublesome. When your half-press to lock your focus, you may need to re-engage your focus again to get another focusing point. But with the quick focus on DA, you can use 2 finger to turn the ring and get it right without re-engaging your AF. Its a hybrid feature, where you instantly have the manual focus feature when you need it in AF.

so far, i don't see anything wrong or unreliable with it. Infact, I find pentax way of doing this innovative. The other 3rd party, C and N lenses don't seems have this feature. (not that i know of).

many forum users dislike the focusing ring? ai ya, where are you reading them from? from people like you who don't understand it? it is not very nice you post remark like slack when you didn't completely understand it.

cheerss..
    thanks for highlighting this out to the newbies!
    now we know something tt's worthwhile getting our hands on for the kit..

Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    Richard, what time did you went? I was there in the evening. Stayed quite a while chatting there after trying out the lenses. Met fengwei's good friend also, the one who has the other K10D GP.

btwn fengwei did some shots with the lenses 2 days ago.
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=306961
    Hi Desmond,
    I was there betweem 7.30-8.30pm. When I heard the price, I contacted Feng wei immediately but silly me...I was actually telling a hardcore pentaxian about the lens 9.5 hrs AFTER the exhibition opened! He already had all the details.
    BTW, as I was confirming the price with the Shriro tech, this guy beside me trying out the camera turned his heard when feng wei was mentioned. I assumed he may be from here too... but I did not disturb him because everyone single person who joins the rebellion weakens the dark side!

Good buy, definitely better value than the 50-135.

Thanks guys, LBA is hard to cure, especially when more Pentax lenses start showing up on the shelves of camera shops.

But wait, now got more Pentax lenses on sale in B&S...

Congrats again, Denis. And you know what's next (for your LBA), don't ya

The THREE PRINCESSES, you'll have to get the whole set

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast