Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DA* lens at COMEX

Default Re: DA* lens at COMEX

Quote Originally Posted by billitone View Post
    I saw DA* 50-135 in Yodobashi sold for around 1600sgd few days ago...did not buy though.
    Hmmm maybe I'll get one from there instead.

Quote Originally Posted by billitone View Post
    I saw DA* 50-135 in Yodobashi sold for around 1600sgd few days ago...did not buy though.
    It's lightweight, focus is very fast and quiet....
    With the Exchange rate of 1SGD to about 1.55USD, the DA*50-135 is selling at 999.95USD.. round up only 1550SGD, and the 16-50 is 899.95USD so round up only1395....I think even Courier service won't add up to 500+ for both lense I think...
    K-1 PENCAKE LIMITED: DA15;; DA 35 Macro; DA70; FA31; F50 f1.7

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Was a COMEX with fengwei and alanswan. The good and the bad news. The good is that the 2 DA* lenses are very beautiful, lighter than I imagined. The most impressive feature has got to be SDM. The focusing is whisper quiet and fast. To me the DA 50-135 is by far the more impressive of the two lenses.
    Tried the 2 lenses, the focussing is indeed quite and fast. quite impressive.

Maybe because I already have the DA 16-45, I find the extra 1 stop and the 5mm difference on the long end to be insignificant as far as wideangles go. Sorry but it's ho-hum for the 16-50mm for me. Seriously, except for the SDM, I was underwhelmed.

The one that gets my LBA juices stirring is the DA* 50-135mm. Excellent focal range and the lens remains the same length when zoomed. SDM here is even more impressive. Seriously I was prepared to get into a Lens Buying Accident earlier today. Only thing that detracts I feel is that humongous lens hood.
    One of the 16-50mm is with me.

Now the bad. No K10D Grand Prix Special Edition anywhere in sight except for the one in fengwei's camera bag. Looks like those who want one need to send out a hunting party at Cathay Photo and take a number. Yeah it's that rare...
    I saw the other K10D Grand Prix Special Edition in another camera bag. I think they will be available on Monday. Try the shops on Monday afternoon.

When we went, the 2 lenses weren't available individually but bundled with a K10D. The message is like you need to get a body with SDM before you can get hold of the 2 DA*s. What were they thinking? Well just got the news that they are now available for sale, but the price...cough, cough, eek!!! Even if the street price is likely to be lower than the RRP or list price, I think I'll stop lens shopping in Singapore. Why? cause I think I can save quite a bit if I buy any of these babies outside Singapore.
    Yes it is available individually and i think because there are spare. The street price will be lower.
    Last edited by istDeS; 30th August 2007 at 09:45 PM.

I am the siao and insane one.

You spoilt the market. Now they think there's demand liao.

Quote Originally Posted by VSonic06 View Post
    hahaha... i almost jump onto the boat.. but fortunely, I got life Jacket...

Quote Originally Posted by kayster View Post
    hahaha... i almost jump onto the boat.. but fortunely, I got life Jacket...
    Should keep them hungry till Sunday then go BARGAIN HUNTING hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post

did you pay their price

on another note, do you want a godson

If there's demand, they might bring in more lens and maybe bring down the prices. No, they don't bother people buy or don't buy. They are there for product exposure.

Should keep them hungry till Sunday then go BARGAIN HUNTING hahaha
    Can give it a try. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

did you pay their price

on another note, do you want a godson

If there's demand, they might bring in more lens and maybe bring down the prices. No, they don't bother people buy or don't buy. They are there for product exposure.
    well, what i overheard their own conversation is that Pentax gave them discount for 10Sets with K10D and the lense.. and if they breakup and sell, they still earns.. I believe the Earns is quite a bit.. lets assume K10D outside is selling 1250-1300.. that mean 2 lense add up is 3399, but the total they sell with 2 individual lense is 3598.. that is alread 200 more.. and I believe Pentax give them special rate for them to promote the products.. not to earn more money to cover their expenses...

Quote Originally Posted by kayster View Post
    well, what i overheard their own conversation is that Pentax gave them discount for 10Sets with K10D and the lense.. and if they breakup and sell, they still earns.. I believe the Earns is quite a bit.. lets assume K10D outside is selling 1250-1300.. that mean 2 lense add up is 3399, but the total they sell with 2 individual lense is 3598.. that is alread 200 more.. and I believe Pentax give them special rate for them to promote the products.. not to earn more money to cover their expenses...
    I only know they will maintain that 10 sets of K10D and the lenses for sales as bundle. Maybe they will break it up on the last day of sales.

mmm...curious..the shriro tech manning the booth mentioned a "desmond" bought a 16-50 earlier in the afternoon...could this be the same istDES? (DES= desmond)?

Do post a report if did purchase it. Maybe want to compare image quality of your "condo" with my low-end "hdb" Sigma 18-50 f/2.8Macro heh heh

I only know they will maintain that 10 sets of K10D and the lenses for sales as bundle. Maybe they will break it up on the last day of sales.

What i heard is they will break it up, as long as it sells..

O man... You are the man!

Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    mmm...curious..the shriro tech manning the booth mentioned a "desmond" bought a 16-50 earlier in the afternoon...could this be the same istDES? (DES= desmond)?

Do post a report if did purchase it. Maybe want to compare image quality of your "condo" with my low-end "hdb" Sigma 18-50 f/2.8Macro heh heh
    Richard, what time did you went? I was there in the evening. Stayed quite a while chatting there after trying out the lenses. Met fengwei's good friend also, the one who has the other K10D GP.

btwn fengwei did some shots with the lenses 2 days ago.
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=306961

Congrats on the new purchase, Des. It's a wonderful lens, I'm sure you'd love it. Price is abit expensive, but well worth it

Now let's see some wonderful photos from it then

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post

Guess who's trying out the lovely DA* 50-135?

BTW pictures taken by Sigma 90mm f2.8 Macro
    Ah yao, didn't expect you to post this ugly fat face lah Was hoping the one with the camera/lens and the hands only lei ...

Lovely lens that's for sure

istDes, congrats on the new addition, though I would have thought you would have bought it AFTER Comex and save some money in the process.

BTW my Japanese client tells me it's about S$1400 in Japan and the 50-135mm just a little more. He expects it will come down price wise.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast