Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Comex (Pentax Booth)

Default Re: Comex (Pentax Booth)

question: is the k10d limited edition sale on comex show?
    are they give good offer? (well i read so much negative about the price)
    is it worth buying now or not?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fido-dido View Post
    and where's the GP that's supposedly on sale??
    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    The GP will be there, don't worry. Just go and buy lah
    Hmm, I guess I was wrong. Seems like the GP won't be available for sale at the COMEX Show Heard you can order it from Cathay Photo or Bally Photo though ...

Sorry about the wrong info ...

haha, comex has never been a place to buy cameras
    stuff like sd cards, hdd maybe,
    i can't recall any comex where offers were good, unless the model is damn old

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    haha, comex has never been a place to buy cameras
    stuff like sd cards, hdd maybe,
    i can't recall any comex where offers were good, unless the model is damn old
    This is true. I'll probably get an SD card if the offer is good

Hmm, I guess I was wrong. Seems like the GP won't be available for sale at the COMEX Show Heard you can order it from Cathay Photo or Bally Photo though ...

Was @COMEX GP 'NO COME'

Didn't see any GP when i was there just now. But there were a couple of DA* (cannot confirm, but can see the gold trim) brought out for display and touch-touch

Asked the sales people about the price of 50mm f1.4....uncle say $510 ....

My DA*50-135 & K10D GPL dreams
    Is it cheaper to order the lens from oversea?

Quote Originally Posted by berry View Post
    My DA*50-135 & K10D GPL dreams
    Is it cheaper to order the lens from oversea?
    yes.

GP was widely available in Taipei 2 weeks ago.

No mistake, some one bought the DA*50-135 @ US$7XX....
    But now, I search the price is @ US$9XX in US....
    Can someone tell me where they bought this lens @US$7XX....Thank you. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by berry View Post
    No mistake, some one bought the DA*50-135 @ US$7XX....
    But now, I search the price is @ US$9XX in US....
    Can someone tell me where they bought this lens @US$7XX....Thank you. Please.
    Pricing error or something by bhphotovideo.

Quote Originally Posted by dnaxe View Post
    Pricing error or something by bhphotovideo.
    Not pricing error, just B&H seizing the opportunity to make a killing at US$999. SRP price for the DA* 16-50 is US$899.

Quote Originally Posted by VSonic06 View Post
    Not pricing error, just B&H seizing the opportunity to make a killing at US$999. SRP price for the DA* 16-50 is US$899.
    he was talking about the 50-135? I think the 799 was pricing by bhphotovideo. I guess it might not have been an error...

When BH first put up this lens (50-135) for sale, the price was US$799. This was not a mistake because I was one of the lucky person who actually bought the lens at this price. Everything in, including gst, cost me $1400 (sing $).

The price was incresed few days later when the response was good. I should have seized the opportunity and bought the 16-50mm.

Quote Originally Posted by kcsum View Post
    When BH first put up this lens (50-135) for sale, the price was US$799. This was not a mistake because I was one of the lucky person who actually bought the lens at this price. Everything in, including gst, cost me $1400 (sing $).
    There might be a chance price will come down again to USD799

Quote Originally Posted by Snowywolf View Post
    i heard some advertisements of Pentax's new Digital camera on sale at the Comex booth over the radio. I am wondering if they might be selling any lenses over there during the fair.

Thinking of getting the 50mm f1.4. Any possibilities that it might be offering at a better price?
    Think I was quoted something like $590 for the 50mm f1.4! Can almost buy 2 liao.
    So can forget about getting it at Comex.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words. ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by kopio View Post
    Think I was quoted something like $590 for the 50mm f1.4! Can almost buy 2 liao.
    So can forget about getting it at Comex.
    Prices there are really 'chop robert' kind of ridiculous. I think somebody's selling the FA50/1.4 in the B&S section.

come on guys..let's be fair to shriro also. They are the authorised distributor.
    There is difficulty for them to sell at discounts without upsetting their retailers who have stocks. Rather, they compensate by including some freebies such as the zoom lens, etc.
    I think a reasonable discount that one can expect on the last day is perhaps at most $50.
    Its good for Pentax that they at least put up a bigger booth and man it with people who actually know the Pentax cameras (I saw the 2 techs from Shriro Service Centre but can't remember their names). When I mentioned Feng Wei...they smiled.

However, I do see a serious trend. With low cost good quality DSLR that started with pentax and has since spread to Olympus and Nikon. Both O and N have DSLRs in the same $1200 price range and with more goodies thrown in too. I can see that even Canon is under great pressure because they have slashed the prices of their 400D drastically (and this is the retail price...think about the grey market!). I do hope pentax can hold their own and excite their existing fan base with some cool stuff that will sway those who are looking for N,C and O by default...like the 50th anniversary camera!

Already a hardcore pentaxian here was so smitten by the canon deals he is thinking of returning to the dark side! The Pentax Jedi temple is at risk!

Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    I do hope pentax can hold their own and excite their existing fan base with some cool stuff that will sway those who are looking for N,C and O by default...like the 50th anniversary camera!

Already a hardcore pentaxian here was so smitten by the canon deals he is thinking of returning to the dark side! The Pentax Jedi temple is at risk!
    Well - the thing about canon, anyway, is that the 17-55 2.8 IS costs $1490. Of course, it has a more tele FOV (27 vs 24) and is not weathersealed. (The price of the nikon 17-55 is even higher still, to be fair).

The only remaining advantages of the K10D over the 40D involve in-body IS and a marginally larger viewfinder (same specs, but the canon has a 1.6x sensor while the pentax is at1.5x). On the other hand, the 40D has a magnesium alloy body, 6.5fps, a larger screen, live view, and better ISO1600/3200 performance (this is a little hard to judge, but there appears to be at least a slight advantage).

Not that I'm about to buy a 40D - but the situation is beginning to look alot more even - which is probably bad for pentax.

Surprisingly, it is not Shriro manning the cashier counter for their sales. It is actually Manly Department Store (Pte) Ltd.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast