Thread: Full focus

Default Full focus

Hi, firstly i want to say sorry if my questions might sounds silly.... ok, i notice some photo that is taken frm the pros turns out to be full focus meaning the whole image is in focus(sharp), but when i tried to do tat cannot le... only the area that i focus is sharp... anyone can explain

Default Re: Full focus

maybe you want to read up some stuff about depth of field http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_of_field

sharpness is perceptual, sometimes when everything in a picture appears sharp, it can mean that most of the stuff in the picture falls inside the depth of field. depth of field is affected by the aperture you use and the distance between the camera and the point of focus.

Default Re: Full focus

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    sharpness is perceptual, sometimes when everything in a picture appears sharp, it can mean that most of the stuff in the picture falls inside the depth of field. depth of field is affected by the aperture you use and the distance between the camera and the point of focus.
    Meaning the easiest way to get everything in focus is to stand far away, zoom in, and stop down