Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Convince me to switch systems

Blog Entries

Default Re: Convince me to switch systems

i am a junk collector

anyone care to give me some?

Sharing the same sentiment with others, the K10D seems to be a powerful workhorse. It does not sweep awards for nothing u know... I doubt the C/N counterparts have that many awards under their belt.

DA* lens are pro lens which i felt is pretty impressive. With weather sealing capability, dust and water should not be a problem. It fits well with K10D's weather sealing body. At least for Nikon, there aint as many weather sealed lens to compliment the body. Another part if the lose of SR. Counterparts doesnt give u SR from wide to tele.

Alternatively, if you dont have a deadline to buy a new dSLR, wait for the new Pentax system.

Quote Originally Posted by dnaxe View Post
    Price is something of a factor, and weight is also a factor. On paper I would pay the price difference for the D300 over the 40D definitely, but there are other possible outcomes I suppose (e.g. if the D300 has unusuable-to-me ISO 3200 while the 40D has usable-to-me ISO 3200, etc.)

The main thing which is holding me back from changing is focal length range availability. The DA* 16-50 would give me 24-75 equivalent. For Canon, there's no way to get to 24mm equivalent in a "standard zoom" because of the larger crop factor and lens selection (without going up to a "full frame", which I will not consider because the cost is pretty prohibitive). For nikon it's close-ish (17-55) but the relevant lens has no IS. I don't think the canon has weathersealing, while the nikon does have it. Given my current habits the weathersealing is probably not such a big deal.
    Well, generally, you won't use much of the IS at short focusing lengths... I believe it helps more at longer focal lengths instead...

And have you tried out the camera bodies of the other brands yet?? Any that you like the handling and feel??
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

It really is a value for $ camera,so is the K100D
    and now with the weather-seal lens you can get a weather proof system without blowing a hole in the pocket.
    Is there going to be a new pentax?

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Well, generally, you won't use much of the IS at short focusing lengths... I believe it helps more at longer focal lengths instead...

And have you tried out the camera bodies of the other brands yet?? Any that you like the handling and feel??
    Can't tell.

Preferred the K100D to the D50, XT.

Not going to be buying a D40/D80/XTi/30D/D200 - so to test handling I'll have to wait for the new bodies anyway.

That's a good point though... At time of purchase i will definitely handle them all (K10D/40D/D300) to see if it's so lovely that I can stomach the cost.

(I do want a faster way to change white balance - and preferably a reminder of white balance >.<)

Quote Originally Posted by dnaxe View Post
    Can't tell.

Preferred the K100D to the D50, XT.

Not going to be buying a D40/D80/XTi/30D/D200 - so to test handling I'll have to wait for the new bodies anyway.

That's a good point though... At time of purchase i will definitely handle them all (K10D/40D/D300) to see if it's so lovely that I can stomach the cost.

(I do want a faster way to change white balance - and preferably a reminder of white balance >.<)
    Not sure about the other brands, but my D200 is pretty good for the WB and it changes quite fast, but on top left and master dial will give you different settings..
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12