Thread: Stock market vs your consumer spending

Default Stock market vs your consumer spending

Due to what has happen in the stock market or some people call it correction, some people call it MARKET CRASH, a lot of people has lost money...

I think it has already hurt consumer spending and this may lead to our economy weakening...

An example will be the recent COE which drop as much as 50%...I think the next one to hit will be property...hoepfully newer camera will be price cheaper lor...

Default Re: Stock market vs your consumer spending

0.o

Huh so what you want to discuss?

Quote Originally Posted by FM2 View Post
    Due to what has happen in the stock market or some people call it correction, some people call it MARKET CRASH, a lot of people has lost money...

I think it has already hurt consumer spending and this may lead to our economy weakening...

An example will be the recent COE which drop as much as 50%...I think the next one to hit will be property...hoepfully newer camera will be price cheaper lor...
    it is not the crash or correction of financial markets that lead to lesser spending, it is the heat of inflation, higher taxes and higher property prices.. dun u realise food and transport are getting more costy to the average consumer ?
    Last edited by raincool2005; 29th August 2007 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FM2 View Post
    ...hoepfully newer camera will be price cheaper lor...
    I don't think camera prices will be affected by stock prices. If you want cheaper cameras, then pray for exchange rates to be in our favour, but then it's a double-edged sword.