Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Have you felt irritated with pple who know nuts abt photog & make senseless comments?

Default Re: Have you felt irritated with pple who know nuts abt photog & make senseless comme

Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103 View Post
    Hi guys,
    My worst comment came from a fashion event. I was helping out at the event and it was the last day, so I brought my relatively brand new DSLR to try it out.

Okay I admit I am not very good at shooting events because I am quite slow. But still, I was shooting away, minding my own business and just trying out the functions of my camera and this male photographer, who was standing behind me said female photographers "literally can't make it compared to male photographers". He went on to criticize my D70s was for amateurs and the one that really hit me was that I probably wasted my money on the D70s and should have just stick to a P&S, which is better for females.

I love photography, and my business is my own with regards to what I want to take. By the way, this moron isn't the first one I have encountered. I have met quite a few egoistic and sexist photogs already. Pretty sad.

But seriously, I don't really care what he says. It's not I am purposely blocking his view or destroying his equipment. These people are as good as fruit flies. I just ignore them.

{Mich}
    Haha ignore such ppl lar. Good photographs make no distinction between males or females
    Black Rabbit Photography
    DeviantArt | Multiply | Flickr

Default Re: Have you felt irritated with pple who know nuts abt photog & make senseless comme

Hi guys,
    My worst comment came from a fashion event. I was helping out at the event and it was the last day, so I brought my relatively brand new DSLR to try it out.

Okay I admit I am not very good at shooting events because I am quite slow. But still, I was shooting away, minding my own business and just trying out the functions of my camera and this male photographer, who was standing behind me said female photographers "literally can't make it compared to male photographers". He went on to criticize my D70s was for amateurs and the one that really hit me was that I probably wasted my money on the D70s and should have just stick to a P&S, which is better for females.

I love photography, and my business is my own with regards to what I want to take. By the way, this moron isn't the first one I have encountered. I have met quite a few egoistic and sexist photogs already. Pretty sad.

But seriously, I don't really care what he says. It's not I am purposely blocking his view or destroying his equipment. These people are as good as fruit flies. I just ignore them.

{Mich}
    what a loser.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by dominator View Post
    While shooting night landscape at CBD

Mr know nuts about photography talking to his girl
    "So dark already he still shooting, never use flash somemore!"

just shoot one skyline photo with flash and show him lor.

The guy who ask why flash buildings still so dark think he must use those stadium floodlights liao. :P
    Last edited by redstone; 29th August 2007 at 09:16 PM.

i am a very amateur photographer and have just started learning the basics and whatnot.

actually, you never know what might come out of those ignorant fool's mouths, it MAY be something beneficial(although 99.5% of the time it wouldnt be)

so why not listen to him, if it makes sense, try it out, if it doesnt smile and ignore.

but one gripe i have is with people who tell me their super pwerful PNS with dunno how many thousand megapixels and digital zoom is better than what i have.

its a niche hobby that not many people appreciate, i get the same thing for my other hobby:an audio obsession!

ignorance breeds fools,a fool in a group make a group of fools

in this world, no one owns you happiness ! they can said anything they want... but remember they are not accountable for your happiness...

so why care ?

I have a 6mp dSLR and a 7.1mp PnS.

When friends ask about the pixels, and tell them that the bigger camera(dSLR) has lesser pixels than the bigger one, they looked like Borat after being told by the negro politician that Borat was with homosexuals the previous night.
    Birds Of Singapore Android App released!
    the mac 13 on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    gosh... never been more irritated with this "idiotic" colleague in my dept.

I was taking an outdoor pic of my friend when he passed by with his gf. Gave me a silly almost sarcastic grin and exclaimed: "Why are you taking a pic of (plain) chimneys (as backdrop)?!" Like I was being ridiculous! What that guy didn't know was the chimneys were never in the pic and I actually had a respectable background.

Next, went into a hotel and took more pics of my friend. Met the irritating chap again and he saw me take pics while waiting for the lift to come. I snapped one, then decided to vary parameters such as exposure and flash. Took another one or two again. And yup, the know-nuts-about-photography guy made the remark with his trademark silly grin, "Wow, trigger happy"... Almost as if to question my skills! DUH!

Which reminds me, on another occasion, I was taking pics of the moon. This 50s guy walked over, scrutinized what I was doing for 1/2 minute, then asked "Eh, wat you taking ah?" I replied "the moon". And he went like : "Huh, what's so nice about the moon?" DUH!!

Wonder if u all got such experiences... Whoa...Willing to share??

How old are you? 13? Get a life.

When people argue about which is better, Cankon or Penlympus, I always say Sonisonic is the best.

Why?

Because my DSRL got APS-CCDMOS 100.1 megapicture sensor which produces excellent depth of field effects. What's more, my camera has a maximum shutter speed of 1/800000 bpm and I have a 18-2000m lens with noise-reduction and life-view capability. It comes with a Image-Stabilisation lens hood and a low-dischage, high capacity lens cap. I bought the optional vertial grip which allows me to capture excellent bokeh and my DOF button has a built-in anti-dust system. The batteries themselves have a panoramic function. Of course, I also bought a flashgun with 10x optical zoom, 20x digital zoom that comes with Photoshop pre-installed.

Quote Originally Posted by michhy View Post
    no wonder the general public regards photographers as snobbish and weird people, lol
    I am not snobbish hor...just weird maybe heheh...That, I can give you.

But think about it this way lah. It works and goes both way right? If you can throw something into my side of the garden, I can in turn throw something back at you just as hard and fast heheh. A good defensive sometimes calls for a good offensive heheh...
    Last edited by sammy888; 30th August 2007 at 12:21 AM.

Whoa... ha!

Hi guys,

{Mich}
    Wow... Based on the remarks, it's really a wonder how limited the poor guy's perspective of humans is. His life is a sad existence...

hahaha, i wonder how many Flash light is he going to use to light up the CBD if he is shooting..

Quote Originally Posted by Luval View Post
    hahaha, i wonder how many Flash light is he going to use to light up the CBD if he is shooting..
    he needs to move the national stadium floodlights over hahahaha

speaking of which that was like the first post i saw when i joined cs

someone was asking how come he shoot buildings at night FLASH NO USE GG

anyways cs is actually full of people who know nuts la, as in, not that they don't know anything about aperture speed and all that, but they just have their brain stuffed somewhere else

sometimes i'm one of them

Hi guys,

{Mich}
    I think they are the one wasting their time shooting a fashion event.. in a true fashion event. The offical and the serious ones have the wisdom when to open their mouth. Seem like the dumb ones just became dumber.. duh..

that male photographer needs to see the pictures of some really good female photographers
    some in singapore that i can think of would be
    zenmotion or what's her name, her p&p shots always very refreshing and atypical
    probably pwns half of the male photographers out there

if anything i think female photographers chase lenses and gear less than male photographers
    which is only a good thing, in my view

happens all the time around us.
    esp watching a soccer match @ ur local coffee shop...
    all the uncles making all kinds of comments like they use to play/coach in World Cup.
    can they talk the talk..can they walk the walk?

just /lg them.

Yeah, it is annoying to have an unsolicited running commentary or critique when you're trying to get your shot.

People who have this need to put others down, or show off what they know, usually have issues of insecurity. Then there are comments that are just plain rude, and smack of bad etiquette - like mich's example of what the guy said.

Opt to be the bigger person:

Ignore and walk way from it; or just focus on what you're doing
    Be direct and tell the person he/she is out of line and why
    See the upside of it and decide that there might be something to learn from 'bad' and 'ignorant' photographers - you can learn NOT to be like them

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234