Thread: Help! BSOD --- Blue Screen Of Death

Default Help! BSOD --- Blue Screen Of Death

Help! My laptop was working normally until a few weeks back I start to get the BSOD on my windows xp maybe once in a few weeks.

It has been getting more frequent and today i even got it thrice already.. and anytime my laptop might go bonkers again....As i am doiing my FYP these few months, i cannot afford for my comp to crash on me and lose all the hard work..

Any solution to this? Will reformatting the whole comp solve the problem? The BSOD asks to check all recently installed hardware and software, but I dont remember installing anything recently. I thought I read that overheating may cause the BSOD, and I have since gotten a laptop cooler, but the BSOD still happening..

Thanx for the help!

Default Re: Help! BSOD --- Blue Screen Of Death

Probably a good idea to back up everything somewhere, every setting, then reformat. I GUESS. Because my laptop was kinda slow previously when i just upgraded its RAMs, and since i reformatted, its working fine again.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by metallilan View Post
    Probably a good idea to back up everything somewhere, every setting, then reformat. I GUESS. Because my laptop was kinda slow previously when i just upgraded its RAMs, and since i reformatted, its working fine again.

Good luck.
    Thanx!. I am quite set on reformatting (seem like the hardest easy way out)...backing up everything and reinstalling all the drivers n programs will be a nightmare.. but just scared that the problem will persist even after reformatting .. Might be a problem with my comp itself? (I am quite computer idiot.. haha)

Anybody else experienced the dreaded blue screen before? ( i read Bill gates got it once at Microsoft windows 98 introduction or soemthing.. )

Anything you did to solve the problem?

on HP laptop seems to be common. i think reformat will not be of any use. Check with the service centre

I actually used to have a BSOD on my desktop pc, at first i thought it was something to do with the heat problem, after numerous google searches, i swapped a setting the hardware management tools for my graphic card and it turned out alright! Try googling the error messages in the BSOD to see if others are experiencing the same thing before.

Before you do anything, BACKUP.

If the problem is recent, it could be as simple as a corrupted sector on your HDD where your XP system files are stored.

Then right-click on your disk drive in my computer and do an error checking under tools.

Alternatively, you can go to

Control Panel>Adminstration Tools>Computer Management

Under Storage devices, you can see the status of your HDDs.

Quote Originally Posted by sigg View Post
    on HP laptop seems to be common. i think reformat will not be of any use. Check with the service centre
    dun mislead people that HP only have that problem...all brands the same...

Quote Originally Posted by westwest2 View Post
    Apple got blue screen of death???

you installed a "too friendly" software issit.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by westwest2 View Post
    did i mention HP ONLY HAVE THAT PROBLEM??? Or you are too blind to see, read and understand??? Either that you have a problem of your own buddy!!

Blue screens give error messages for a reason. Note down the error message and post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    Apple got blue screen of death???
    Apple give you "your system need to restart due to errors"

Quote Originally Posted by sigg View Post
    did i mention HP ONLY HAVE THAT PROBLEM??? Or you are too blind to see, read and understand??? Either that you have a problem of your own buddy!!
    yes i am blind...what you want to do to me...make me...