Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ridata CF incompatible wif X-drive2???

Originally posted by EastGear
    Hi David,

I am afraid that we do not have any resellers in Funan Centre. Though we are talking to some of the shops there, as of today, we have not passed any stocks to any shop in Funan Centre. Perhaps you may try and direct your claims to the shop where you bought the X-Drive II from.

Thanks and regards.
    Ok, I've checked the receipt. I bought mine from Inforcom in Funan Centre. I remember I got that shop's info bcos I went to the X-Drive II website then and Inforcom was one of the few shops listed there. The rest were in SLS.

Direct my claims to the shop?? Hmm, in that case, I think I can forget it. This is Singapore...Anyway, how to convince those guys? You have to be a photographer and a heavy user of the X-Drive "out there" to appreciate the problem. Moreover, what's scary is that it's an intermittent problem. As hentaitic has experienced... Wow I thot mine was bad enough!!! I had to delete images since I'm only using a 256MB card and I always shoot in RAW mode on my DSLR. Sometimes, there's just no time to wait for the images to get downloaded into the X-Drive.

Well, all I can say, it's time for me to sell away the X-Drive II soon (with 20GB) Any buyers???

If anyone thinks mine is an isolated or "rare" problem, I doubt so. It is very real and my personal advice is, if you're a pro or value your images a lot, steer clear from X-Drive!!! I didn't even know it's a problem in international forums... Had I known, I'd have forked out a few hundred $$$ more for something more robust.

Just on my recent trip to Canada, I lost 1 or 2 damn good candid shot I took in RAW mode. Now the files are corrupted... But thankfully, I managed to at least convert them to small jpg format. Still, it need not be this way at all...

Originally posted by Avatar
    The XdriveI/II issue is a known problem and is often talked (cursed) about in international forums, I don't think ours are isolated cases.

Like David, I was disappointed by this kind of quality level. I will steer clear of any product from the manufacturer of Xdrive until they get their acts together.
    Agree....

Then it IS really a problem and people should be aware of it!!!!

Does it make a difference where the X-Drive was bought from???

Originally posted by EastGear
    Hi,

I'm Daniel from EastGear.com and we are the official sole distributor of the X-Drive 2 in Singapore. It is unfortunate that a few users have problems with their X-Drive 2. However we would like to point out that the "problem" units are bought from parallel importers. Hence, we cannot provide any support or warranties for any units not bought from us or any other official authorised channels. This policy is consistent with many industry players like Microsoft Xbox and Sony Playstation.

We would also like to take this opportunity to state here that none of the units sold by us have any compatibility issues with RiData CF cards (Lindy being one of our customers ) and we have sold the most number of X-Drive 2 in Singapore. Parallel imports from Sim Lim Square may be a few dollars cheaper but customers will find themselves short-changed as they come without any support or warranties.

We urge consumers to buy from official distributors and not from parallel importers. We would like to thank existing customers for their support and pledge to continue to provide whatever support/services possible to ensure that our customers get the best out of their purchase. (so Linda, do not worry )

Thank you for your understanding.

Daniel Chin
    EastGear.com
    Hi

Actually I purchase a X-Drive II from EastGear sometime back and I had a 256MB RiData. Was planning to use it for my NZ trip on the day B4 the trip I tested the setup and found that I can't copy the Ridata files into the X-Drive II. Initially I thought it was my HD problem and I called up East Gear. Anyway found it was a compability problem. Some Ridata cards work fine some don't so who to blame? I don't know so Any how the 256MB Ridata card I have works find stand alone so I had no choice but to buy a Tresend 512MB to do the job. So I think the X-drive II seriously have a compability problem with RiData. As for corruption of files I copied abt 3G worth of pic into the XDriveII during my trip no hick ups with the tresend Cards..

Min
    Last edited by Minority; 30th April 2003 at 03:24 PM.

Advertiser

Hi,

I understand the frustrations you guys have when something you buy fails to live up to the expectations.

I will consolidate your complains and feedback to the manufacturer, Vosonic. On behalf of Vosonic, I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

However, please understand that I cannot take in your X-Drive II if you didn't buy them from me. It's like buying a problematic handphone from Singtel and going to M1 to complain even though both carry the same model.

Meanwhile, we will recommend that users who need a more reliable image storage system to consider Nixvue Digital Album which we are also carrying and selling at below retail prices in our massorder:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=31755
    EastGear Pte Ltd
    65 Ubi Crescent, Singapore 408559, Tel: +65 68371582 Fax: +65 68371583

Originally posted by Minority
    Hi

Actually I purchase a X-Drive II from EastGear sometime back and I had a 256MB RiData. Was planning to use it for my NZ trip on the day B4 the trip I tested the setup and found that I can't copy the Ridata files into the X-Drive II. Initially I thought it was my HD problem and I called up East Gear. Anyway found it was a compability problem. Some Ridata cards work fine some don't so who to blame? I don't know so Any how the 256MB Ridata card I have works find stand alone so I had no choice but to buy a Tresend 512MB to do the job. So I think the X-drive II seriously have a compability problem with RiData. As for corruption of files I copied abt 3G worth of pic into the XDriveII during my trip no hick ups with the tresend Cards..

Min

Thanks! I will stay away from Ridata then. There are so many other makes. Gonna get 1 or 2 more Transcend or Hagiwara CF then.

Gonna be in Vietnam for one month, but this time with my laptop in the hotel at all times. Just to be safe!!! Gonna fill up my X-driveII 20Gb hardisk with images from my A40!!!

i'm using a ridata 20x 256MB CF card and so far no probs.. i'm not realy a heavy user as my xdrive was initially bought for my europe trip, which has been cencelled.. but so far, of the few times that i've transferred images from my ridata, all no prob leh.. maybe i shuld sell it off and buy a transcend one.. hmmm...

Ridata is known to cause problems with some models of digicams. John 3:16 sells Ridata but they will ask you what model of digicam you have first because of this. I've tried my Ridata on a coolpix 995.. when i try and review pics i frequently get errors even though the pics are thankfully still on the card. So i wonder whether x-drive is solely to blame in this case.

personally, i wouldn't rely on a <single> source of storage for valuable pics.
    Last edited by erwinx; 1st May 2003 at 05:11 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12