Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 103

Thread: Fotoguide closing?

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Near Equator
    Posts
    258

    Default

    So in future any suggestions for getting seagull TLR? always wanted to get one...

  2. #62

    Default

    I'm not sure whether I have told this case before... but here goes.

    Armed with a e-quote from Cathay Photo, I went into Fotoguide with my dad to get a Nikon F80S kit (during the promotion).

    They quoted me a higher price than CP, and I showed them the e-quote that CP gave... They were literally shocked at the low price that CP could afford to give, and they were 'kinda' forced to follow the e-quote price as well....

    Looks like CP is really a very very tough competitor to meet!!

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,701

    Default

    Originally posted by SNAG
    I'm not sure whether I have told this case before... but here goes.

    Armed with a e-quote from Cathay Photo, I went into Fotoguide with my dad to get a Nikon F80S kit (during the promotion).

    They quoted me a higher price than CP, and I showed them the e-quote that CP gave... They were literally shocked at the low price that CP could afford to give, and they were 'kinda' forced to follow the e-quote price as well....

    Looks like CP is really a very very tough competitor to meet!!
    No wonder Fotoguide closing... if everyone did the same then they can't make enough profits liao... But anyway, the customer is always right.

  4. #64

    Default

    think fotoguide officially closed liao leh...

    was there today at about 6... said not selling anymore...

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,701

    Default

    Originally posted by s_wrx
    think fotoguide officially closed liao leh...

    was there today at about 6... said not selling anymore...
    What?! They not having some closing sale or something? Alamak...need to get something from them...

  6. #66

    Default

    Originally posted by Silverelf


    By the way anyone knows the RRP of a sigma 28-105mm f2.8-4 lens(estimate lah)
    got mine from photoguide for 360 bucks.
    looks like it's my first and last lense from them
    nice people and their pricing is fair. but when you're at peninsular, you can't help but feel CP looming down over all the other shops. Big is better i guess

  7. #67

    Default

    Originally posted by vince123123
    not even clearing stocks?
    Some of their stocks can be returned to the suppliers. They are clearing those which cannot be returned.

  8. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Near Equator
    Posts
    258

    Default

    When I went there.... they didn't look like they needed a closing sale as there were very few things left. Sigh.

  9. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Zimbabwe
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    Oh My Goodness! Where can I get my Rodinal now???!!!

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    aawww crap just realised i'm out of slide mounts which i normally get from them. sigh.

    /me got sinking feeling in heart

  11. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    just passed by fotoguide

    all their stock are moved away liao

    wanted to get an omnibounce and see if i can bargain a few dollars...but failed
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

  12. #72

    Default

    Originally posted by Gunjack
    Oh My Goodness! Where can I get my Rodinal now???!!!
    Have you tried Ruby Photo?

  13. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Zimbabwe
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    Hi,

    Thanks for your suggestion. I think I asked Ruby before but they did not have, if I remember correctly. Luckily somebody told me Cathay is still selling Rodinal, though a little more expensive...

    Originally posted by Dagger
    Have you tried Ruby Photo?

  14. #74
    nokia
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by giddygoat
    got mine from photoguide for 360 bucks.
    looks like it's my first and last lense from them
    nice people and their pricing is fair. but when you're at peninsular, you can't help but feel CP looming down over all the other shops. Big is better i guess
    I got my EOS66 from them too, saw him (the bald fellow) at the bus stop opp funan centre , told me that he is no more in the business .

    Anyway i am gald that i bought my camera kit from them .

  15. #75

    Default

    sigh.
    you think they still sell the 80-20?
    I may pop down tomorrow...

  16. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Originally posted by SNAG
    sigh.
    you think they still sell the 80-20?
    I may pop down tomorrow...
    tomolo? probably u will only see an empty shop liao

    just passed by the place this afternoon and all the stock moved away already
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

  17. #77

    Default

    cham ... less a shop ... maybe clubsnap can open a shop there

  18. #78

    Default

    Originally posted by oceanxp
    cham ... less a shop ... maybe clubsnap can open a shop there
    bro, got regret you didn't buy lens at the last SEED or not?

  19. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by oceanxp
    cham ... less a shop ... maybe clubsnap can open a shop there
    A digital printshop will be cool.

    Regards
    CK

  20. #80

    Default

    selling clubsnap t-shirts, caps, signing new members and other services ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •