Thread: Digimate Service Centre

Default Digimate Service Centre

Hi all,

Wonder anyone knows whether there's any service ctr in SG for digimate? Bought my DGmate 3 last IT show....rarely used...now the screen flicker flicker and suddenly display faint and goes blank now.....worse....think I lost my receipt. Is it a too-bad situation or there's still hope? Anyone experience the same thing with DGmate? To me, this is not a brand to trust...not stable and slow.

Default Re: Digimate Service Centre

how is your batt problem...

its not say the brand got problem...its a production problem and there is a life span in the electronics...

yes its slow....then why u buy it in the first place?

you are not alone, i have the similar problem as yours.
    the screen (backlight) is flickering. thinking to get it change.
    my friend's digimate 3 power adaptor spoil.

my mainboard spoil, somehow can't get it to start... completely gave it up, got another cheapo OTG drive @ $35... so far seems much better than digimate

Quote Originally Posted by westwest2 View Post
    how is your batt problem...

its not say the brand got problem...its a production problem and there is a life span in the electronics...

yes its slow....then why u buy it in the first place?
    batt no prob....just that after flicker the display died down on me....I bought the digimate because of its OTG function and display....bought back only to know its slow...

Quote Originally Posted by jasperng View Post
    you are not alone, i have the similar problem as yours.
    the screen (backlight) is flickering. thinking to get it change.
    my friend's digimate 3 power adaptor spoil.
    so where r u going to get it changed? back to the distributor? who is? Coz my fren bought it for me during e IT show and now receipt cant find...so need to know whether there is a common service centre for this product or can only bring it back to the company I got it fm? thanx

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    my mainboard spoil, somehow can't get it to start... completely gave it up, got another cheapo OTG drive @ $35... so far seems much better than digimate
    can recommend to me the cheapo OTG? got display? hows e speed? if not convenient to post it here can pm me? thanks.

pm me also

Quote Originally Posted by matrixneo View Post
    can recommend to me the cheapo OTG? got display? hows e speed? if not convenient to post it here can pm me? thanks.
    eh I got it from Jurong Point CyberActive... haha was looking for 2.5" case (any case) but happen to chance by this case, so why not just top up another $25 for the extra feature?

it got a small lcd, not very useful tho but heck. Its a little different from digimate as the case doesn't hold the battery itself, a 4x AA external batt pack is bundled together with the case so you only need to plug in once you need the OTG feature. This is good if you do not want extra weight.

From what I have tried so far,
    from D50 and F31fd to HDD(Direct using cable that comes with the camera) is as fast as I can get them straight to the comp via their own transfer port which is only about 2MB/s (probably limited to the camera transfer rate). I have yet to try it out using a card reader, so still can't comment on the maximum transfer rate (wanted to try sandisk extreme )
    but do note that not all card reader are compatible(it doesn't work on my multiple card reader, gotta try to find some other reader to test), they claim that it is able to take card reader as well.
    It work with my Creative Zen Neeon and Axive thumbdrive as well. =x

from HDD to PC or PC to HDD, the transfer rate is way faster than the digimate(calculated at only about a pathetic 5MB/s) reaching 15MB/s easily either read or write.

One thing that is bad for some, it can only work as a OTG with FAT32 (no problem with NTFS if connected to PC)

The specs and side of the case looks something like http://www.pccom.ca/Specification/US...%20Partner.htm

The case is made by aluminium, tho it looks like the cheaper kind, but then $35.

will try to post some photo when i get home
    Last edited by ExplorerZ; 28th August 2007 at 03:48 PM.

Ha...thought I was the unlucky one. My DGmate also gave up after using only ONCE! But being a technical guy, I "cut it up" and found that the Li-ion battery was dead. There is no where that sells a replacement, so I transplanted my Sony Ericsson Li-ion battery into the DGmate and it's been happy ever since It's an irony, the Sony Ericsson battery costs more than the 'lit DG!!

Hi all,

Wonder anyone knows whether there's any service ctr in SG for digimate? Bought my DGmate 3 last IT show....rarely used...now the screen flicker flicker and suddenly display faint and goes blank now.....worse....think I lost my receipt. Is it a too-bad situation or there's still hope? Anyone experience the same thing with DGmate? To me, this is not a brand to trust...not stable and slow.

Quote Originally Posted by GTVeloce View Post
    Ha...thought I was the unlucky one. My DGmate also gave up after using only ONCE! But being a technical guy, I "cut it up" and found that the Li-ion battery was dead. There is no where that sells a replacement, so I transplanted my Sony Ericsson Li-ion battery into the DGmate and it's been happy ever since It's an irony, the Sony Ericsson battery costs more than the 'lit DG!!
    hahaha, i guess my was 1/2 dead as well, they juz use the duper cheapo "MIC" battery that is so light and weak (only managed to get my 2-3 1GB transfer from my kingston 50x SD... I gave up digimate

the whole thing looks something like this with a f31 connected

Quote Originally Posted by GTVeloce View Post
    meaning wat? the LCD cant display due to the faulty batt?

the whole thing looks something like this with a f31 connected
    wel...it looks gd to me...thanks for sharing...wats most impt for OTG display is that at least it should show % of files transferred and lvl of batt...does yr LCD shows these info?

Also, is there any card reader built-in? or got to use the cable fm digicam to transfer? Also, can I take out the Samsung HD fm the DGmate 3 and transfer it to yr casing? Hmm...maybe go check it out during COMEX......Thanks again.
    Last edited by matrixneo; 29th August 2007 at 10:14 AM.

wel...it looks gd to me...thanks for sharing...wats most impt for OTG display is that at least it should show % of files transferred and lvl of batt...does yr LCD shows these info?

Also, is there any card reader built-in? or got to use the cable fm digicam to transfer? Also, can I take out the Samsung HD fm the DGmate 3 and transfer it to yr casing? Hmm...maybe go check it out during COMEX......Thanks again.
    nope, sad that it doesn't show the %, but for that price of $35, its still a good deal. and also no card reader is built-in, gotta use your own card reader or direct from devices..

yes, you can assemble the hdd yourself, pretty easy for this case.

nope, sad that it doesn't show the %, but for that price of $35, its still a good deal. and also no card reader is built-in, gotta use your own card reader or direct from devices..

yes, you can assemble the hdd yourself, pretty easy for this case.
    thanks bro. Sorry last question. If no %, then how would u know whether the files have been transferred fully and successfully?

thanks bro. Sorry last question. If no %, then how would u know whether the files have been transferred fully and successfully?
    eh it has a tiny red led to indicate the hdd activity and also a "copy ok"(could mean ready to copy or finished copying, there will be a beep after copying is done) and a "copying" on the led.

so far have done some test transfer of over 3gb of data, no corruption so far.

but if $ is not a problem, of cost those better drive like espon, nexto... would be of a better choice but they easily cost 5x the price. (nexto case alone is already $199)
    Last edited by ExplorerZ; 29th August 2007 at 09:12 PM.

eh it has a tiny red led to indicate the hdd activity and also a "copy ok"(could mean ready to copy or finished copying, there will be a beep after copying is done) and a "copying" on the led.

so far have done some test transfer of over 3gb of data, no corruption so far.

but if $ is not a problem, of cost those better drive like espon, nexto... would be of a better choice but they easily cost 5x the price. (nexto case alone is already $199)
    sure...thanks for sharing.