Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Canon Studio Shootout !!

  1. #1

    Default Canon Studio Shootout !!

    To all the organizers of the event a big THANK YOU !!!...It was really a wonderful way to let us experience how our cameras handle a studio setting....as well as a nice gathering for all that turned up....nice to meet all !!!.....looking forward to the next one....!!!


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Paya Lebar
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: Canon Studio Shootout !!

    Originally posted by Buzz
    To all the organizers of the event a big THANK YOU !!!...It was really a wonderful way to let us experience how our cameras handle a studio setting....as well as a nice gathering for all that turned up....nice to meet all !!!.....looking forward to the next one....!!!

    Yeah....
    Unfortunately can't post any pic.
    Anyone who had tired 1DS notice the dust on the censor?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default

    Yes! Much thanks to all who made it possible. Also a big sorry for being a little late! Traffic was a killer.

    Overall, a fun and great event. Learnt quite a big deal about studio shooting. Also made my hands itch for a DSLR...

  4. #4
    nokia
    Guests

    Question Re: Re: Canon Studio Shootout !!

    Originally posted by Khaiva
    Yeah....
    Unfortunately can't post any pic.
    Anyone who had tired 1DS notice the dust on the censor?
    Why cant post any??? You were not allowed to use personal CF/camera???

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Paya Lebar
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: Re: Re: Canon Studio Shootout !!

    Originally posted by nokia
    Why cant post any??? You were not allowed to use personal CF/camera???
    That's the agreement, no posting on the web. Only for our personal consumption...Ups...(read: viewing)

    Including to post our pics in actions!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    luckily i dun have a good impression of 1D/1Ds (IMO)

    too heavy and I am not used to the menu system
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

  7. #7

    Default

    Originally posted by Wai
    luckily i dun have a good impression of 1D/1Ds (IMO)

    too heavy and I am not used to the menu system
    mai bl;uff lah...
    I know in your heart... you secretly wishing that you want it...
    hehhehhee.....

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Originally posted by Bluestrike
    mai bl;uff lah...
    I know in your heart... you secretly wishing that you want it...
    hehhehhee.....
    nah...i dun like the trigger too....so sensitive....i keep misfired....haha

    and the weight is scary....i cannot take out the battery grip like D30/60/10D to save weight

    but the AF of 1D/1Ds vs 10D is really a huge different siah.....
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

  9. #9

    Default

    Originally posted by Wai
    nah...i dun like the trigger too....so sensitive....i keep misfired....haha

    and the weight is scary....i cannot take out the battery grip like D30/60/10D to save weight

    but the AF of 1D/1Ds vs 10D is really a huge different siah.....
    buy buy buy???
    hhheheee.....

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Originally posted by Bluestrike
    buy buy buy???
    hhheheee.....
    buy? may be 70-200 IS after i strike 4D

    really useful...can shoot w/o flash at ISO 100, if no IS will need ISO800
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    740

    Default

    some after thoughts...
    think it get a little chaotic this afternoon coz i have the impression that we would be allowed 6 mins each to shoot but it turned out that every1 was juz having a go at it. Couldn't really fully utilize my 85mm prime becoz of all the pple blocking (especially some who were literally at the model's feet )... but thanks to a kind fellow clubsnapper i managed to borrow a zoom to salvage watever time there is left to shoot.
    juz my 2 cents

    p.s thanks to all who were kind and patient enuff to show me how to work the 1d. wow it was really heavy keke

  12. #12

    Default

    Yes...Just imagine using the 1ds/d with a 70-200 f2.8 IS....It may be a dream come true to own this...but its not going to be easy carrying just this setup around....neck-ache and wrist-ache .....

    Initially everybody thought that each will get 6 mins....but I think its was more fun when everybody was just firing away...the mood was fun and relaxing....the models were really obliging...they try to give full eye contact even though 5-6 cameras were firing away . Kudos To all....

    Anyway anybody got their names?....should arrange for a private shoot as both the models are quite good for studio shoots....

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: Canon Shootout

    Originally posted by Mystix
    some after thoughts...
    <cut>
    Couldn't really fully utilize my 85mm prime becoz of all the pple blocking (especially some who were literally at the model's feet )... but thanks to a kind fellow clubsnapper i managed to borrow a zoom to salvage watever time there is left to shoot.
    juz my 2 cents

    <cut>
    You are most welcome to use my zoom lens. Glad to be of help.
    :-)

    Rgds,
    Jeffery

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: Canon Shootout

    Originally posted by Buzz

    <cut>
    Anyway anybody got their names?....should arrange for a private shoot as both the models are quite good for studio shoots....
    Their names are Esther and Angel. They were doing "autographing" at the end of the session ;-).

    Rgds,
    Jeffery

  15. #15
    nokia
    Guests

    Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Canon Studio Shootout !!

    Originally posted by Khaiva
    That's the agreement, no posting on the web. Only for our personal consumption...Ups...(read: viewing)

    Including to post our pics in actions!
    I didnt know that there is such agreement for such shoots, pardon my requests. Personal consumption?!? LOL

    Any news whether canon be holding anymore such events?
    Wont want to miss out on any of this such events again

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default

    Mystix>> btw, the guy literally at the model's feet was actually trying not to block those behind him. Esp those kneeling down.


    Heh! Just thought to let you know. But admit it, you had fun too! And I am sure most of us did!!! More more more!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •