Thread: Unlocked

Default Unlocked

I can't help it! I love doorways, archs, gates, etc... So here is yet another one.

Title: Unlocked
    Comments: Wanted to convey a rather "dark"/eerie feeling. The gate is unlocked... but do you dare to venture further?

Technical: 1/3200s @ f3.2 for shallow DOF. Post processed slightly for colour saturation and adding the vignetting effect. Shot taken somewhere in the heart of town...

As always, all critique is welcome. Especially for "feel" and "composition".

Default Re: Unlocked

There's much to like about this picture but I think it could have looked even gloomier. I would have like to see the the floor in front of the gate go abit darker. Also, possibly a slight tilt to reveal more of the darkened windows which are a nice touch by themselves because they resemble eyes of the house. Maybe you could also play on the colour of the rust to make it more red - like blood.

Default Re: Unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by eel View Post
    There's much to like about this picture but I think it could have looked even gloomier. I would have like to see the the floor in front of the gate go abit darker. Also, possibly a slight tilt to reveal more of the darkened windows which are a nice touch by themselves because they resemble eyes of the house. Maybe you could also play on the colour of the rust to make it more red - like blood.
    Thanks for the kind words and suggestions I will keep those in mind the next time I make a gloomy shot.