Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: What is this for?

  1. #1
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default What is this for?


  2. #2
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: What is this for?

    This is like the guard duty box where you've to sign a book after making your rounds.

    It has a police logo as the guards are under the police.

    HTH.

  3. #3

    Default Re: What is this for?

    If got gangster bully you,

    You write letter to Mr Policeman

    And deliver it there

  4. #4
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: What is this for?

    A policeman has forgotten about his lunch box or his wife is a bad cook.

  5. #5
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: What is this for?

    A suggestion and feedback box.
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  6. #6

    Default Re: What is this for?

    A blue box with a white "POLICE" and a logo pasted on it.

  7. #7
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: What is this for?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    If got gangster bully you,

    You write letter to Mr Policeman

    And deliver it there
    Really arh?

  8. #8
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: What is this for?

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    A suggestion and feedback box.
    At the over head bridge?

  9. #9

    Default Re: What is this for?

    you hear noisy thumpers, very unhappy and put your grievances there.

  10. #10

    Default Re: What is this for?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Really arh?
    Yar got once got one cat kept following me and demanding food from me

    I wrote a letter that looked something like this

    Dear Mr Policeman,

    You must feed cats when you make your rounds on bicycles or on foot
    I keep getting mugged by cats with sharp claws and powerful baleful pitiful looks
    Everytime all my pocket money kena used up to buy cat food for them
    Please feed cats!


    Regards.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: What is this for?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Yar got once got one cat kept following me and demanding food from me

    I wrote a letter that looked something like this
    u got attach a photo anot?

    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: What is this for?

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    A blue box with a white "POLICE" and a logo pasted on it.
    think out of the box lah... its for marking territory 1...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  13. #13

    Default Re: What is this for?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    u got attach a photo anot?
    Got

    the cat got too demanding


  14. #14
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: What is this for?

    aiya you guys heheheh....blow it all out of proportion liao heheheh

    In the old days they call this "buku sign" ( book signing). Either due to some security reason, request put in by some organisation that require often police visits...etc

    For example an area that has one too many criminal activities or break ins or security breach.. So more police visit are requested, ordered and thus they will put a box with a booklet there so that police deployed to that sector that day or shift will have to go there patrol the place for a set duration and then take out the booklet and sign that they visited the place and write remarks like situation normal, time of visit..etc.

    You could say this book ensure Police actually go there to patrol and/or you can say this book will proof to organisation or the senior offices that the deployed police did indeed perform constant police visits there. heheh....

    I have done more then my share of this I tell ya.... heheheh. Times have changed...in my days it was a small aluminim box. Once you are deployed to certain sector and such boxes exist, you will be given the keys so you can unlock it to take out the book to sign it. Usually for sure....homes of minister and some MPs sure have this boxes one hehehe....
    Last edited by sammy888; 25th August 2007 at 01:15 PM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: What is this for?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Got

    the cat got too demanding

    wah too much man you !!! hehewheheheheeh..... so cute in a sicko way haaaa

  16. #16
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: What is this for?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    At the over head bridge?
    Yes it can be placed there for reasons like maybe it is a place at night frequented by gangs or people doing illegal things there so they put a box there to ensure police pay frequent visits there to make sure those people stay away from there when they keep seeing police going there.

    ANd if you are referring to that picture of the blue box at the bridge...well just look where it is over looking? the sport tracks...that could be the intended target of observation. It is actually illegal for you to go into a stadium after hours when it is closed. So maybe there had been alot of complain of noise polution, vandals...etc so they decided to make the police go visit that place more often.
    Last edited by sammy888; 25th August 2007 at 01:21 PM.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: What is this for?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Yes it can be placed there for reasons like maybe it is a place at night frequented by gangs or people doing illegal things there so they put a box there to ensure police pay frequent visits there to make sure those people stay away from there when they keep seeing police going there.

    ANd if you are referring to that picture of the blue box at the bridge...well just look where it is over looking? the sport tracks...that could be the intended target of observation. It is actually illegal for you to go into a stadium after hours when it is closed. So maybe there had been alot of complain of noise polution, vandals...etc so they decided to make the police go visit that place more often.
    during this month, maybe the policeman might see a 100 man march in old military uniform at the stadium, machiam NDP...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: What is this for?

    eh just noticed... isn't this Toa Payoh Stadium?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  19. #19
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: What is this for?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    during this month, maybe the policeman might see a 100 man march in old military uniform at the stadium, machiam NDP...
    or a group of men wearing custome like the VILLAGE PEOPLE walking about in the darkness of the night hahahahah....

  20. #20
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: What is this for?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    or a group of men wearing custome like the VILLAGE PEOPLE walking about in the darkness of the night hahahahah....
    Hardo Gay?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •