Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 92

Thread: Prices in Singapore Increased!!!...

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,084

    Default Re: Prices in Singapore Increased!!!...

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost77 View Post
    Life sucks


    Now I feel bad for you hehe.

  2. #42

    Default Re: Prices in Singapore Increased!!!...

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost77 View Post
    Life sucks
    Don't worry, life will become brighter someday.
    Carry on the savings.

    Errr....i need to repeat myself again.

    Spend within your means and not extravagance lifestyle


  3. #43

    Default Re: Prices in Singapore Increased!!!...

    Quote Originally Posted by Deceased View Post
    If u don't watch or rent movies , stay at home and wait for channel 5 blockbusters movies..that would be good.

    but maggie mee is unhealthy.

    Drop hair easily.
    Channel 8 once show this primary 4 kid...keep eating maggie mee...and one yr later drop alot of hair.

    But if u are bald..then not a problem at all.

    lol.

    Well, there's an alternative to maggie mee if you think it's unhealthy. Just cook and eat plain rice with no meat and vegetables at all. Just eat plain white rice.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Prices in Singapore Increased!!!...

    Quote Originally Posted by Deceased View Post
    Everyone wanna live like a rich man, spend like a rich man, eat like a rich man.
    but
    how many of them can earn like them?

    For one man to be rich, millions must be poor. That's what a Czech professor told me. I still can't grasp it's meaning.

  5. #45
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Prices in Singapore Increased!!!...

    Quote Originally Posted by Deceased View Post
    Channel 8 once show this primary 4 kid...keep eating maggie mee...and one yr later drop alot of hair.

    But if u are bald..then not a problem at all.

    What's worst is your butt will be a good friend with the toilet bowl. I recalled a time during my NS days when you get paid so little so you buy alot of maggi mee to keep in camp to cook. Just a week of it and you will have a life changing experience with your toilet heheh.....

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: Prices in Singapore Increased!!!...

    Quote Originally Posted by Deceased View Post
    If a g.f can only go together with you during good times
    and
    not bad times.

    You think this relationship can last?


    Bside, this kind of lifestyle is not forever mah.
    The more you save, the more capital you have.
    The more you can invest.

    where to meet/get a gf if live like that in the first place, if have no social life

    with the increasing living expenses, may be future also need to live like that. If earning just meet expense with lifestly like that, where to get saving in the 1st place? Is GST rebate enough for investment
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  7. #47
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Prices in Singapore Increased!!!...

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost77 View Post
    Life sucks
    Why worry?

    Life will be good after CPF.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Prices in Singapore Increased!!!...

    Quote Originally Posted by sgvideoman View Post
    For one man to be rich, millions must be poor. That's what a Czech professor told me. I still can't grasp it's meaning.
    80-20 rule?


  9. #49

    Default Re: Prices in Singapore Increased!!!...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Life will be good after CPF.
    Annuity is good!


  10. #50

    Default Re: Prices in Singapore Increased!!!...

    Quote Originally Posted by Deceased View Post
    80-20 rule?

    Never studied Economics before. What's the 80-20 rule?

  11. #51

    Default Re: Prices in Singapore Increased!!!...

    Quote Originally Posted by sgvideoman View Post
    Never studied Economics before. What's the 80-20 rule?

    ....The original observation was in connection with income and wealth.
    Pareto noticed that 80% of Italy's wealth was owned by 20% of the population ...


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle

  12. #52
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Prices in Singapore Increased!!!...

    Quote Originally Posted by Deceased View Post
    Annuity is good!

    Yup!..Me looking forward to it. Take into account inflation and about 40 yrs down the road...it is just the right budget to buy me a authentic cup of kopi-O, 2 slice of kaya on toasted bread and one half boiled egg. A great monthly indulgence to be had in my golden age.

    Can't wait!
    Last edited by sammy888; 24th August 2007 at 02:54 PM.

  13. #53
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Prices in Singapore Increased!!!...

    Quote Originally Posted by sgvideoman View Post
    Never studied Economics before. What's the 80-20 rule?
    For every 20 rich bast*rds, there will be 80 losers living below poverty line.

    Hey...I thought this is already going on in China today or was that 10-90 heheheh....
    Last edited by sammy888; 24th August 2007 at 02:53 PM.

  14. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    454

    Default Re: Prices in Singapore Increased!!!...

    Just found out at the Bedok North Hawker Centre last weekend. The set for one cup of kopi-O, 2 slice of kaya on toasted bread and 2 half boiled eggs just increased by 20 cents. Ask the coffee boss why, he explained because of the increase of extra 2% recently.
    I calculated for the set, it used to be S$2/= after increased of 2% it should be increased by 0.04 cents instead of 20 cents. I think I am not as good in maths as the boss.

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Yup!..Me looking forward to it. Take into account inflation and about 40 yrs down the road...it is just the right budget to buy me a authentic cup of kopi-O, 2 slice of kaya on toasted bread and one half boiled egg. A great monthly indulgence to be had in my golden age.

    Can't wait!

  15. #55

    Default Re: Prices in Singapore Increased!!!...

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost77 View Post
    None of the above
    See lah... young that time never study hard hard... Now pay so low. How?
    Go and study hard hard now lor...

  16. #56

    Default Re: Prices in Singapore Increased!!!...

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost77 View Post
    Just found out at the Bedok North Hawker Centre last weekend. The set for one cup of kopi-O, 2 slice of kaya on toasted bread and 2 half boiled eggs just increased by 20 cents. Ask the coffee boss why, he explained because of the increase of extra 2% recently.
    I calculated for the set, it used to be S$2/= after increased of 2% it should be increased by 0.04 cents instead of 20 cents. I think I am not as good in maths as the boss.
    mixed veggies rice at Suntec basement too.
    before GST
    1 meat, 1 veg. $3
    2 meat, 1 veg. $3.80

    after GST
    1 meat, 1 veg. $3.30
    2 meat, 1 veg. $4.20

    go figure!

    they will say that.. oh.. raw material prices go up..

  17. #57

    Default Re: Prices in Singapore Increased!!!...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    mixed veggies rice at Suntec basement too.
    before GST
    1 meat, 1 veg. $3
    2 meat, 1 veg. $3.80

    after GST
    1 meat, 1 veg. $3.30
    2 meat, 1 veg. $4.20

    go figure!

    they will say that.. oh.. raw material prices go up..
    find a wife that can cook for you. cheaper.

  18. #58

    Default Re: Prices in Singapore Increased!!!...

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    For every 20 rich bast*rds, there will be 80 losers living below poverty line.

    Hey...I thought this is already going on in China today or was that 10-90 heheheh....
    Gaussian distribution.

  19. #59

    Default Re: Prices in Singapore Increased!!!...

    Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    See lah... young that time never study hard hard... Now pay so low. How?
    Go and study hard hard now lor...
    oldest Graduate?

  20. #60

    Default Re: Prices in Singapore Increased!!!...

    How come recently I see more luxury cars on the roads???

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •