Thread: Software for RAW Photos

Default Software for RAW Photos

Hi Guys,

Need some advise and info here. Thanks in advance.

I have heard much about raw photos and how it's easy for colour management for PP work. As such, I had decided to take some photos using raw format, but only to find out that my Adope Photoshop 7.0 is unable to open the raw format (Cr2 file), although I still have photos saved together under jpeg format.

So would like to know is there any other software, freeware if possible that I can use to process raw format photos?

Thanks again.

Cheers!

Default Re: Software for RAW Photos

i believe your camera should come with some software?
    you might also want to check if you just require a plugin to open the file...i know PS:CS2 needed a plugin to open CR2s

if u r using canon camera, canon DPP can open and edit RAW files

Thanks guys. Will go look for it from the Canon CD.

Convert your RAW files to dng format using Adobe DNG Converter. More details can be found at: http://www.adobe.com/products/dng/index.html
    Strongly recommended because the file size will be reduced and yet no loss of any RAW details.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored Dad View Post
    Hi Guys,

Need some advise and info here. Thanks in advance.

I have heard much about raw photos and how it's easy for colour management for PP work. As such, I had decided to take some photos using raw format, but only to find out that my Adope Photoshop 7.0 is unable to open the raw format (Cr2 file), although I still have photos saved together under jpeg format.

So would like to know is there any other software, freeware if possible that I can use to process raw format photos?

Thanks again.

Cheers!
    You can actually use Adobe Photoshop 7.0. I'm guessing your ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) isn't updated. Just secure the updated file and opening your raw images shouldn't be an issue.