• The kind soul who complements.

10 50.00%
  • The complain king/queen.

4 20.00%
  • The just-can't-be-bothered-guy/gal.

6 30.00%

Thread: Complements or Complains?

Default Complements or Complains?

Do you complement others/companies/service providers/peers when they do well?

Or do you only complain when things goes wrong/treated badly by a salesperson?

Which type are you? Let's do a vote to see how CSers feel.

One more thing, if you should complement/complain about a service/product, where do you go? You blog about it? Or post in a forum? Or where?
    Find me at Claudia.sg and I work at 24seven

Default Re: Complements or Complains?

Quote Originally Posted by illustrious View Post

One more thing, if you should complement/complain about a service/product, where do you go? You blog about it? Or post in a forum? Or where?
    Compliment them on the spot, inform their superiors or boss, write in to the company to highlight the person or people, and in some cases like those in the service industry like hotels..etc a tip would be good. LIve and let live sometime all it takes to promote better services is just being more generous with the compliments for good work done then to just keep quiet. It sends a better signal across.

Reprimanding should be done one to one away from other people as you are trying to improve the situation and not try to make it worst. Worst case, write in to complain and depending on how bad it was names can be provided or not. Again, a complain is suppose to try to help them improve and if not...well get them out if they just refuse to do something about it. There are people like that around which I am sure most of us here can atest to.

But with some really nasty ones well...blanket party the bugger man! heheheheh
    Last edited by sammy888; 23rd August 2007 at 11:07 PM. Reason: typo

Both.

When I complain and complement, I make sure it reaches the people to whom the person I'm complementing/complaining about matters. And that does not include my friends who will do diddly squat about it, so blog's out, forum's out because obviously usually no one takes forums seriously in the first place.

To the company lor.

Though of course it is always easier to complain than complement, I'd give you that

Sickening...

I only say thanks to those who serve me nice... ignore those who never give a damn... email their company if i feel shitty...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

You should add one more choice: .... ppl who like to say how they feel, be good or bad ...
    For me, i compliment the chef if the food is good, and I complain if the service is bad .... and I say "thank you" to the person if the staff who serves well and I say "this product u r selling is really lousy" if the product is really bad.
    Last edited by Canonised; 24th August 2007 at 01:10 PM.
    always the Light, .... always.

yap, i feel we should compliment (noted my spelling error) when the food is nice or service is good and all. But if we only do so to them in person, how would other people know that this place has good food/service?

and if the food/service really sucks, if we don't share with others, nobody will know.

so i feel ah, we should all har, start posting these reviews ah somewhere lah...

when food or service is gd it may get business from referals. like where got gd food, betta service, betta price. ttz how some business grow, dun need adverts wan.

when i get gd service i will become repeat customer. i m sure many here r repeat customers of some camera shop. end up bringing more business to those shops when frds or family members ask where got gd lobang.

I'm the type that returns the favour.

At the first instance I'm almost always nice, but when treated otherwise, I'll return it with loanshark type interest.

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    I'm the type that returns the favour.

At the first instance I'm almost always nice, but when treated otherwise, I'll return it with loanshark type interest.
    Loanshark type? that's fierce leh! haha

I've also been posting the goods and the ocassional bads at this online review site where we get to review about any product/services in singapore. If you guys are interested, you can check it out at yebber.com.

Recently they just launched a new program where we get to earn Y$ and exchange for cash just by participating in the activities.

Can go take a look see.