Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035404344454647 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 1000

Thread: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

  1. #881
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    guys. thanks to an SMS. I went to take a look at B&S todae.

    Got some 1D2 (no N) selling below $3K? do you tink it's worth it? Didn't use before based on specs seems similar, but wat's the real diff between the N and non-N.

    I expected a well used cam, so dunnoe worth it or not. Tinking of selling my 30D for it.

    Furthermore wif Nikon's D3 expected to sell below S$8K, I feel that there might be domino effect on the 1.3x crop when the D3 goes on sale.

    Advice pls. thanks.
    The difference?

    Think this thread explains abit of it.

    1 series, alot of people can't bear the weight and the miserable battery life. But at least the Mk2N is refined and performs more accurately in terms of AF STILL compared to the Mk3.

    There will definitely be a domino effect each time a new camera is fired from either N or C camps...

    Not sure why, but my evil half is telling me to look for a Mk2N over a 5D. Sigh~....
    Last edited by dEthANGeL; 10th November 2007 at 12:42 AM.

  2. #882

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

    Quote Originally Posted by Errz View Post
    hmm. but dont think u able to get the first shipment rite? anyway, if u not in hurry to get it.. suggest u wait for x shipment bah. maybe can get the lens first.
    You are rite... should wait.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  3. #883
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    You are rite... should wait.
    Anything new is best to wait and let the dust settle to reveal bugs/flaws/problems ...

  4. #884

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    The difference?

    Think this thread explains abit of it.

    1 series, alot of people can't bear the weight and the miserable battery life. But at least the Mk2N is refined and performs more accurately in terms of AF STILL compared to the Mk3.

    There will definitely be a domino effect each time a new camera is fired from either N or C camps...

    Not sure why, but my evil half is telling me to look for a Mk2N over a 5D. Sigh~....
    I'm actually asking how you feel using the M2/M2N. I already sorted out the specs, juz like comments on useability.

    M2N is still quite expensive, not interested. I'd rather go 1DM3 instead, the "extras" are more than worth it.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  5. #885

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    Anything new is best to wait and let the dust settle to reveal bugs/flaws/problems ...
    more importantly it's $6.9K vs $7.9K
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  6. #886
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    4,532

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    more importantly it's $6.9K vs $7.9K
    wait lor. buy lens first.

  7. #887

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

    Quote Originally Posted by Errz View Post
    wait lor. buy lens first.
    I tink I wait to buy both.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  8. #888
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    4,532

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    I tink I wait to buy both.
    lol ok then dont keep thinking abt it. I wan mk2/n ~~

  9. #889
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    I'm actually asking how you feel using the M2/M2N. I already sorted out the specs, juz like comments on useability.

    M2N is still quite expensive, not interested. I'd rather go 1DM3 instead, the "extras" are more than worth it.
    1. Weight. Its heavy. But i'm used to it.
    2. AF hunts in certain situations.
    3. Bigger sensor = noise more obvious
    4. CF card & SD card file management (vs the Mk2N)
    5. Batteries are a pain to carry around and cost quite abit.

    Other than the above, the camera is a joy to use, be it for a family gathering, events, weddings or just plain sports shooting.

    As for the Mk3, i'm not sure why, the Mk2 is seriously a camera that fulfills every bit of my desire. I don't yearn the 10FPS or the extra megapixel as i don't crop much.

    Now seems to be the era of pushing "noiselessness" with higher ISO.
    Last edited by dEthANGeL; 10th November 2007 at 01:05 AM.

  10. #890
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

    Quote Originally Posted by Errz View Post
    lol ok then dont keep thinking abt it. I wan mk2/n ~~
    BBB ... feel the FIRE

  11. #891
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    4,532

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    BBB ... feel the FIRE
    ok. next yr. 32nd dec 2008

  12. #892
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

    Quote Originally Posted by Errz View Post
    ok. next yr. 32nd dec 2008
    For you - should be the 5D replacement lah

    I'm still adopting a wait and see approach.

  13. #893

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    1. Weight. Its heavy. But i'm used to it.
    2. AF hunts in certain situations.
    3. Bigger sensor = noise more obvious
    4. CF card & SD card file management (vs the Mk2N)
    5. Batteries are a pain to carry around and cost quite abit.

    Other than the above, the camera is a joy to use, be it for a family gathering, events, weddings or just plain sports shooting.

    As for the Mk3, i'm not sure why, the Mk2 is seriously a camera that fulfills every bit of my desire. I don't yearn the 10FPS or the extra megapixel as i don't crop much.

    Now seems to be the era of pushing "noiselessness" with higher ISO.
    For mi, my main thing is $$$. Below $3K for 1D2 I can justify to use it until I get the 1/D3, then I juz let it be my backup, especially if I sell my 30D for it it's would be below $2K (hopefully).

    Nikon D3 is perfect for me. FF for weddings and Dx crop for sports and birding (which I dun need to much rez aniway) issue is that shutter noise gonna be loud (ok, 1D3 is loud as well if not for the "soft-shutter" function), not suitable for theater/performances. The last time I used my 30D in theater, kenna scolding by audience.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  14. #894
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    For mi, my main thing is $$$. Below $3K for 1D2 I can justify to use it until I get the 1/D3, then I juz let it be my backup, especially if I sell my 30D for it it's would be below $2K (hopefully).

    Nikon D3 is perfect for me. FF for weddings and Dx crop for sports and birding (which I dun need to much rez aniway) issue is that shutter noise gonna be loud (ok, 1D3 is loud as well if not for the "soft-shutter" function), not suitable for theater/performances. The last time I used my 30D in theater, kenna scolding by audience.
    True.. photography has always been about the $$$ sadly.

    I mean if you can live with the above what i've stated then go ahead.

    Personally, the D3 is a perfect camera for me as well. Sadly why canon doesn't have this kind of feature? It'll be damn cool ... able to crop on demand.

    The mk3 is just as loud as the mk2, have shot beside 1 before at the tracks.

    I took the leap.. now your turn .. :P

    But warning - 1 series very poisonous... going back to something lower would make you think twice

  15. #895

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    True.. photography has always been about the $$$ sadly.

    I mean if you can live with the above what i've stated then go ahead.

    Personally, the D3 is a perfect camera for me as well. Sadly why canon doesn't have this kind of feature? It'll be damn cool ... able to crop on demand.

    The mk3 is just as loud as the mk2, have shot beside 1 before at the tracks.

    I took the leap.. now your turn .. :P

    But warning - 1 series very poisonous... going back to something lower would make you think twice

    true, true...tink I should avoid CS for next few months. keep wanting to buy myself a 1D3 for christmas.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  16. #896
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    true, true...tink I should avoid CS for next few months. keep wanting to buy myself a 1D3 for christmas.
    ... you can't avoid 1 lah ....

    Really love my dua pow ....

    ISO 1600 @ F2.8


  17. #897

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    ... you can't avoid 1 lah ....

    Really love my dua pow ....

    ISO 1600 @ F2.8

    handheld or monopod?
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  18. #898
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    handheld or monopod?
    Handheld ...

  19. #899
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Westy
    Posts
    2,671

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    True.. photography has always been about the $$$ sadly.

    I mean if you can live with the above what i've stated then go ahead.

    Personally, the D3 is a perfect camera for me as well. Sadly why canon doesn't have this kind of feature? It'll be damn cool ... able to crop on demand.

    The mk3 is just as loud as the mk2, have shot beside 1 before at the tracks.

    I took the leap.. now your turn .. :P

    But warning - 1 series very poisonous... going back to something lower would make you think twice
    Wah... everyone going over to the Pro series le ah...

  20. #900

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~ View Post
    Wah... everyone going over to the Pro series le ah...
    u also can mah... get the original 1D/1Ds. Definately within budget.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035404344454647 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •