Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: flash for indoor shooting (??)

Default Re: flash for indoor shooting (??)

Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoey View Post
    yup. i use a stupid D40X.mom bought it for me on impulse. impossible to tell her i want a new D80 when the camera is not even 1 month old. haha. yes, i'm looking for a flash unit. let's say i'm standing right at foot of the stage, is sb400 enough.? do the 3 flash units (sb400, 600 and 800) support my camera.? AF-S.
    mmm....i dun mind if she will buy the d40x for me.....heck...i will even say thank you if she buy me the d40!!!
    G

Get the SB-600 for your usage. The price can be found in the Nikon sub-forum.

SB-600 : $340
    SB-400 : $190 - $205.

The SB-600 is slightly more powerful and able to swivel around. The SB-400 is only able to swing up to 90 degrees upwards.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

haha, my friends all use better cameras and i can't share lenses with them cos the D40X is only limited to AFs lenses. thanks for the pricing. i'll try to persuade my mom to get me the sb600. haha.

haha, my friends all use better cameras and i can't share lenses with them cos the D40X is only limited to AFs lenses. thanks for the pricing. i'll try to persuade my mom to get me the sb600. haha.
    Better cameras does not mean they will take better photos. Use your current setup and try to master the photography skills / techiques / tricks. Even kit lens can take great photos.

Dun feel demoralise for your current camera and it is so much better than pns and prosumer cameras.
    Last edited by megaweb; 24th August 2007 at 11:59 AM.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

yup. i use a stupid D40X.mom bought it for me on impulse. impossible to tell her i want a new D80 when the camera is not even 1 month old. haha. yes, i'm looking for a flash unit. let's say i'm standing right at foot of the stage, is sb400 enough.? do the 3 flash units (sb400, 600 and 800) support my camera.? AF-S.
    wah... i wun mind if my mum have gotten a camera for me last time... i didnt own a camera even until when i was 20 21 and i really work hard to buy my very first camera. i dun even own a PnS before. haha... i tried asking her if she would have consider getting me a camera last time if i had asked.... she say batteries also wun lor....

back on track, if u dun wanna spend much money and u just need something to brighten up ur pics... den buy sb600 lor. dont think too much about your camera set up la... like what the others have said... even kit lens can do many wonders... just sit back n enjoy this hobby...

meanwhile... i go try to persuade my mum to buy me some AA batteries... haha
    Last edited by namska; 24th August 2007 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by namska View Post
    wah... i wun mind if my mum have gotten a camera for me last time... i didnt own a camera even until when i was 20 21 and i really work hard to buy my very first camera. i dun even own a PnS before. haha... i tried asking her if she would have consider getting me a camera last time if i had asked.... she say batteries also wun lor....

back on track, if u dun wanna spend much money and u just need something to brighten up ur pics... den buy sb600 lor. dont think too much about your camera set up la... like what the others have said... even kit lens can do many wonders... just sit back n enjoy this hobby...

meanwhile... i go try to persuade my mum to buy me some AA batteries... haha
    AA batts? then i suggest get rechargables....so u onli need persuade once...hehe

true....give a lousy fella a D3 and he wun take a pic comparable to a pro with a pns...
    G

Stop blaming the camera that your mum bought you, you should show some appreciation and gratefulness instead of complaining that she is unwilling to buy you a new one.

Like some already mentioned, better camera don't always mean better photos, even if your mum used all her wealth to get you the world best and more professional camera, if you are not good at the basic photography skills, you still will not be able to produce a good photo. Do you think just take the expesnive camera and aim any where, and wo la, the pro photo come out?

A price winning photo don't just come from professional or good and expensive cameras, but come from the man who have years of experiences and skills, and put in lots of effort to learn.

It's still the man behind the camera that counts, the camera only help you to do certain tasks easier.

probably u can take good photos wif ur present camera and show her, and then persuade her to buy a even a better one for even a better picture? hahaha
    http://www.dreamstime.com/Ionsoon_info
    So much Creativity So much Technology

Hope when you get your D80, you won't call it stupid.

time to close this thread to prevent any unhappiness. got my answer - sb600. thanks all for those who helped.

time to close this thread to prevent any unhappiness. got my answer - sb600. thanks all for those who helped.
    be contented to what you already have, thus you will get the truth happiness.

if you don't, you will just keep thinking of getting a better camera will improve your photography, and forgetting what is the meaning of photography.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

alright, thanks for the advise. it's encouraging to see this forum so active - even a mere remark can bring about so much 'tidal waves'. thanks for all the advise.!

I wished I could get a gift of a D40.

Just yesterday I was at All Watches Lucky Plaza.
    Overheard a mother telling the sales staff, wanting to buy a Tag Heuer for her one & only daughter. Tempted to ask the mother if her daughter got a BF or not. Ha ha!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12