Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: non-stop harassment from an insurance agent, how to stop him ?

Default Re: non-stop harassment from an insurance agent, how to stop him ?

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    tell him u just incurred a heavy debt / loss from the stock market and abt to declare bankruptcy.
    ask him what are his solution to yr problem.
    oh yah hor.. good idea lei ! will ask him for a free lunch first and then after eat finnish liao.... tell him a sad story...may even try to borrow money from him

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Wah you so creative and imaginative to creat possible scenarios for his fren heheh you make a good sales person...in fact you sure you not an insurance person yourself? heheheheheheheh

I'm in the creative line mah.
    Come here chitchat.

Unlike some twit take it so seriously.

email him the link this thread
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Best way, pretend you are selling insurance too and bug him back.

Taste of his own medicine!

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    the problem is i had already told him more than once, that i had my own agent liao but he insist that i should take him as his agent from now on jus becos i am his friend ? confused:

eversince this friend became an agent, his character change into something weird, "super friendly" towards people, and whenever he met someone be it a friend or someone's friend, he will eagerly want to get contact numbers and targeted them to buy policies from him, whenever he spoke to people, his conversation will always have his insurance thing inside. And he will present a look of care and confidence in front of them.

even to strangers, he will said things like " u know ? i care for your future and your needs.. and i had a solution for you... " wah lau !? my own parents who bring me up never even said such words... and yet he talked until like he is my Papa !?
    Take him for your papa. Ask him to buy insurance for you and ask him to pay your premium.

I think u are the one with the problem. If you don't entertain him, there's no way he can sell you anything.

When I talk to agents, I will ask for exactly the products I want. If they try to sell me other products, like investment-linked rubbish, I will tell him I don't need any. If he proceeds to sell me those things, I will tell him that he is wasting his time in no uncertain terms. Then I will tell him that I will call him if I need insurance, and ask him not to call me unless it's for things other than insurance.

It's not about being rude... but we have to be assertive. If not, we waste each other's time.

Be assertive. Say, "Listen to me... I don't need this product and that product. Do you understand?" I really say these to agents. Quite simply, I have no time/inclination to entertain them.

Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    I think u are the one with the problem. If you don't entertain him, there's no way he can sell you anything.

When I talk to agents, I will ask for exactly the products I want. If they try to sell me other products, like investment-linked rubbish, I will tell him I don't need any. If he proceeds to sell me those things, I will tell him that he is wasting his time in no uncertain terms. Then I will tell him that I will call him if I need insurance, and ask him not to call me unless it's for things other than insurance.

It's not about being rude... but we have to be assertive. If not, we waste each other's time.

Be assertive. Say, "Listen to me... I don't need this product and that product. Do you understand?" I really say these to agents. Quite simply, I have no time/inclination to entertain them.
    hello ! i had already told him " i don't need this product and i am happy with my current agent " ! please read the postings below.

the problem is he insisted he wants to take over all my financial needs. I said NO, but he kept saying Can Lah..
    Last edited by raincool2005; 23rd August 2007 at 05:02 PM.

Off the shoulder of Orion, near the Tannhauser gate

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    beside this... i am very pissed off with his "wayang show" of knowledge about financial markets.. he said " i passed my exams, i am certified by MAS, i read Business Times, i read Warren Buffet... etc "
    Warren Buffett is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by RSU View Post
    Warren Buffett is overrated.
    But he is still a legend.
    How many of fund mangers, investors can be like him?

I wouldn't want to bet my last dollar against him.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Good one and then end it by trying to borrow some money from HIM! hehehehehe
    Ya this will work. I alway tell them I have overly invested in insurance liao no $$ now. You can go lunch with him then tell him you are heavily in debt, then try borrow $500 from him then ask him to pay for the lunch. Bet you he will not call you again or even answer your call
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

ok, i think i had found enough good advice from fellow clubsnappers. Decided to lock this thread to prevent going out of topic.

Thanks to all who contribute your views and suggestions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12