Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you print out photos?

Default Re: Do you print out photos?

use a 250k to 400k machine to print 4R for $0.30, the color nicer, picture sharper, print last longer.

or use a $200 home printer to print 4R for $0.30, not as nice as fuji paper..

which is more worth it??
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

the 400k cannot print waterproof
    the 200 can.
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

Quote Originally Posted by sin77 View Post
    the 200 can.
    you need display the photos in the bathroom??
    Last edited by catchlights; 29th August 2007 at 09:01 PM.

for me, if I'm printing anything >20, I'll send to the photolab.. anything bigger than 4R, I'll print at home cos its cheaper..

anyway, I spend a lot of money on printing, from passport photos to large print 30"x40", all done by labs, better quality.

those selphy prints only for shooting events and wanted to print on the spot, if compare the quality to the lab prints, in term of color and sharpness, lab prints are so much better.

the 200 can.
    So you are saying that prints made by those Fuji machines at photo labs are not waterproof? Do you even know the printing process they use?

I print out almost whatever pictures I take. I prefer to view them in a photo album. I find my memories could be kept better than a pc which I change every few years.

30cents per print for the memories is cheap.

This is the big irony in my case. I remember when I first got my Sony S70 3 megapixel digital PnS camera it was one of the better ones around back then thus...I remember spend hours if not days just shooting, Photoshop processing and printing small to large copies for myself and giving out to friends like that was no tomorrow heh.

But after a while you notice you are buying up a hell of a lot of INK!!! and it is not cheap leh...when you consider that a A3 printer from Epson drinks ink like plain water!....and friends are only too eager and happy to get prints from you and lauded you with lots of compliments....no never in cash to supplement all those prints.

So where is the irony you may ask? By the time I got my Nikon D70..I was already sick of printing them out hehehehe.....I print like maybe 1-5 copys per year if ever! heheh...IF my friendswant them...I ask them to pass me their USB memory stick and I down load it for them heheh...

I rather view my photos on my monitor in all it's brightness... and I also am doing my part to save a few trees along the way.
    Last edited by sammy888; 30th August 2007 at 12:03 AM.

Go film shop or use home printers?
    Which is the good value for money budget photo printer?

After u printed out, do you put in album or paste them on the wall?
    Just curious.
    I paste my albums on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentWave View Post
    So you are saying that prints made by those Fuji machines at photo labs are not waterproof? Do you even know the printing process they use?
    i dunno what printing process?
    I asked the fuji photo devt shop (green signboard; at suntec)... they said their photos not waterproof.
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    ... and I also am doing my part to save a few trees along the way.
    I like your this sentence..saving trees
    Canon 500D | Tamron 17-50 2.8, EF 28-135 IS USM, EF 50 1.8, Sigma 70-300 APO DG | 430EX | Flickr

Im saving tree too.
    I only print travel photos
    coz my family wants to see them as well and they dun really like seeing the photos on a lcd screen

Quote Originally Posted by jamelaw View Post
    I like your this sentence..saving trees

Well that's the truth of the matter..and no I am not a fan of GLobal Warming which to me is still alot of BS and politically motivated then factual. But other realities that are true is we are chewing up too much trees...more faster then we can replant them.

As a hobbist who shoot alot....imagine if you try to print even just the better prints..how many prints would that be? A heck of alot. And if you don't use Archival paper...it is wasting money too as it starts to fade over time...sometimes just a matter of weeks.

And for a fact, see the photos on a CRT or a good LCD...the colours just pops out...even if your shooting was not that great heheheheh....but it would still look better then what you could print out....that is if you managed to print out a good one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12