Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 75

Thread: Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

  1. #21

    Default Re: Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post
    Different contexts, please don't confuse the public. In fact, garou12's question is misleading as well.

    The involvement of the court so far, is to give clearance for Odex to force ISP to give private information of its subscribers. Full stop. Nothing more. Everything else, Odex took it to their own hands. Threatening prosecution, threatening civil suits, demanding compensation (initially of copyright infringement, now claiming costs).

    If we 'wrongly' support an unethical profiteering action, we're encouraging more unethical organisations to form and prey on the fear of the ignorant to make money. Please think twice before wrongfully trying to play the role of the moral judge here.
    i don't think its misleading, i think its valid. if its illegal as the law and odex said it is then why hasn't the law been enforced instead of some firm trying to go vigilante and chase after people threatening to charge them when they never had the power to do so.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by richliow View Post
    Ahh!!
    what is ODEX is the visible arm of the Gahment invisible efforts to kill piracy and gain international limlight?

    wouldnt no matter what we discuss be futile?
    I don't bother to engage in discussions without sufficient understanding of the context. Please do not speculate without grounds, and involve the government unfairly in this case.

    In fact, the Attorney General seemed to be surprised by the actions Odex is taking.

    Again, this is under scrutiny, please refrain from making speculations that may affect the image or reputation of any organisations of individuals.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post

    In fact, the Attorney General seemed to be surprised by the actions Odex is taking.
    got link? interesting that you said that.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post
    If we 'wrongly' support an unethical profiteering action, we're encouraging more unethical organisations to form and prey on the fear of the ignorant to make money. Please think twice before wrongfully trying to play the role of the moral judge here.


    Now, if ODEX, this supposed unethical organisation, does succeed in getting what it deems as financial compensation, and is entirely supported by the LAW. what does that mean?

    is ODEX still deemed unethical.....?

    the ignorant in this case is not without sin......
    if One did a wrong, you live up to it like a man.........
    whether the consequences to you were belted out by a righteous man or not,
    one will have to face it bravely......

    Those who still wallets from people on the streets...
    they knew they are in the wrong right?
    yet, do they know whether the person whom they just stole from is a criminal
    or a righteous man?

    do both the righteous man and the criminal have the moral right to bring the thief to penalty?
    they both have.... =)

  5. #25

    Default Re: Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    i don't think its misleading, i think its valid. if its illegal as the law and odex said it is then why hasn't the law been enforced instead of some firm trying to go vigilante and chase after people threatening to charge them when they never had the power to do so.
    It is illegal, I have found out. But there are reasons behind why there has been no prosecution so far. It's misleading because your initial question suggested that the current Odex saga is motivated by Judiciary's desire to enforce this law. I suggest you read up more about this saga as well.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

    I break the law, I get punished by the law. Not by an organisation who's trying to make a quick buck.

    Is the statement above simple enough for your comprehension?

    Quote Originally Posted by richliow View Post
    Now, if ODEX, this supposed unethical organisation, does succeed in getting what it deems as financial compensation, and is entirely supported by the LAW. what does that mean?

    is ODEX still deemed unethical.....?

    the ignorant in this case is not without sin......
    if One did a wrong, you live up to it like a man.........
    whether the consequences to you were belted out by a righteous man or not,
    one will have to face it bravely......

    Those who still wallets from people on the streets...
    they knew they are in the wrong right?
    yet, do they know whether the person whom they just stole from is a criminal
    or a righteous man?

    do both the righteous man and the criminal have the moral right to bring the thief to penalty?
    they both have.... =)

  7. #27

    Default Re: Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    got link? interesting that you said that.
    Read the article link I posted, this time slowly and carefully.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post
    I don't bother to engage in discussions without sufficient understanding of the context. Please do not speculate without grounds, and involve the government unfairly in this case.

    In fact, the Attorney General seemed to be surprised by the actions Odex is taking.

    Again, this is under scrutiny, please refrain from making speculations that may affect the image or reputation of any organisations of individuals.
    well, if the gahment is indeed involved...
    i applaud them loud and clear and continously...

    isnt it good that our Gahment can do good? =)

  9. #29

    Default Re: Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post
    It is illegal, I have found out. But there are reasons behind why there has been no prosecution so far. It's misleading because your initial question suggested that the current Odex saga is motivated by Judiciary's desire to enforce this law. I suggest you read up more about this saga as well.
    no i said if it is criminal as they say it is why no enforcement until this so called self rigtheous group decide to press for it? I have never said that its the AG's intention to stir this up so don't infer too much into it.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by richliow View Post
    well, if the gahment is indeed involved...
    i applaud them loud and clear and continously...

    isnt it good that our Gahment can do good? =)
    So dear honourable moral judge, I'm sure you have not break any single law, knowingly or unknowingly, regardless of the magnitude of the offense. I bid you good night.

  11. #31

    Default Re: Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post
    I break the law, I get punished by the law. Not by an organisation who's trying to make a quick buck.

    Is the statement above simple enough for your comprehension?
    you commit a wrong, you get punished for the wrong....law or no law....

    unless you are saying...that you will not continue to download, if the Law does not punish you...
    then i rest my case.......

  12. #32

    Default Re: Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

    eh buddy Director-General of the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore is not the AG, he reports to the AG la, and there's no where in the article that said he's surprised either, just said that the law wasn't meant to use to strike at the man on the street.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post
    So dear honourable moral judge, I'm sure you have not break any single law, knowingly or unknowingly, regardless of the magnitude of the offense. I bid you good night.

    remember i said.....
    do but dun get caught.......
    no man is not a sinner.....

    but when you do get caught.....by the right people or not...
    face up to it......

    you got caught for doing something wrong.....
    why not just accept it as a wake up call...?
    why bother to fight?

  14. #34

    Default Re: Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    no i said if it is criminal as they say it is why no enforcement until this so called self rigtheous group decide to press for it? I have never said that its the AG's intention to stir this up so don't infer too much into it.
    If I reply, I would be speculating. This is not a self-righteous group. Its a commercial organisation with profit-making interests.

  15. #35

    Default Re: Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

    I repeat. I break the law, the state punishes me. If I get fined, I pay the state. Not a private organisation. Whether you understand or not, I bid you goodnight.

    Quote Originally Posted by richliow View Post
    remember i said.....
    do but dun get caught.......
    no man is not a sinner.....

    but when you do get caught.....by the right people or not...
    face up to it......

    you got caught for doing something wrong.....
    why not just accept it as a wake up call...?
    why bother to fight?

  16. #36

    Default Re: Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post
    If I reply, I would be speculating. This is not a self-righteous group. Its a commercial organisation with profit-making interests.
    Its a commercial organisation with profit-making interests that is acting in self righteousness have you seen what they are saying they are doing? championing anti piracy!

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by richliow View Post
    remember i said.....
    do but dun get caught.......
    no man is not a sinner.....

    but when you do get caught.....by the right people or not...
    face up to it......

    you got caught for doing something wrong.....
    why not just accept it as a wake up call...?
    why bother to fight?
    say ... i'm sure within your entire family someone owns something that's pirated. ha, i caught all of you why don't you all own up to the police now? you all don't need to defend yourselves, unless you all want to prove to everyone here that you all are innocent. don't bother to fight. fair?

  18. #38

    Default Re: Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post
    If I reply, I would be speculating. This is not a self-righteous group. Its a commercial organisation with profit-making interests.
    this thread is already about speculation. may as well go all the way. but i agree leave finger pointing out of it.

  19. #39

    Default Re: Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

    my point is if the state does not catch you, and you do not have to pay any penalty...

    are you going to continue to download??

    thats my simple question,
    will you still continue to download...

  20. #40

    Default Re: Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    say ... i'm sure within your entire family someone owns something that's pirated. ha, i caught all of you why don't you all own up to the police now? you all don't need to defend yourselves, unless you all want to prove to everyone here that you all are innocent. don't bother to fight. fair?

    its fair,
    cos when one uses pirated things.
    one knows he cant be on the correct side of the law....
    so one does it knowing the consequences....
    and is prepared for the possibility of consequences...
    though he might not accept the consequences....

    but be a man..........if one spits/litter on the floor, and get caught by ah beng,
    who reports him to the police...and the ah beng get commended by the police....
    its better to do the CWO... corrective work order...
    than to go around.....saying
    "hey....the Ah beng has no right to report me....he also spits mah....."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •