Thread: theft watch

Exclamation theft watch

fellow shooters keep an eye out for anyone trying to sell a cheap year old Acer 17 inch laptop full of photographs and the latest versions of photo processing software as some low life just stole mine from the event I was covering down at ngee Ann City on Sunday evening.
    Its covered in canon EOS stickers and full of my photos.
    It belongs to me, john Cosgrove, whom I know many of you know and its full of my work so if you see anyone selling a cheap Acer 17 inch with XP, CS3 and Lightroom call me asap on 98443195
    thanks

Default Re: theft watch

Sorry to hear that. You may want to at least alert Acer so they can alert you and have that chap busted if he ever send it in for servicing or reloading OS+utilities.

btw, did you install any tracer software that will send signals out when the thieve logs onto the internet (provided he hadnt done a format disc yet)?

Anyway, this is a chance to shop for a new one.

i feel your pain. Hopefully you have backup copies of your work.

hope you find your thief soon.

you may want to inform Cash COnverter too...
    and check out www.sgforums.com (pple sell their notebooks there)..

hope it helps..

Quote Originally Posted by scratcher View Post
    fellow shooters keep an eye out for anyone trying to sell a cheap year old Acer 17 inch laptop full of photographs and the latest versions of photo processing software as some low life just stole mine from the event I was covering down at ngee Ann City on Sunday evening.
    It belongs to me, john Cosgrove, whom I know many of you know and its full of my work so if you see anyone selling a cheap Acer 17 inch with XP, CS3 and Lightroom call me asap on 98443195
    thanks
    John, that thief is definately blind, not knowing all those beautiful images are from you...
    You will have all the CS members to watch out for you!
    always the Light, .... always.

thanks
    Mr Cosgrove, check other local sites like Hardware Zone & Singnet classified ads. Hope u'll locate it soon.

Hey John,

Thought you were 'travelshooter'.. Will keep a lookout for you.

Sean.

he just need to change a HDD and you will nv know its that laptop already...sorry to hear that...but most likely you nv going to see it again...

I'd still say inform the service centre (if the laptop is still covered under warranty).

Even a replacing the HDD will not change the laptop's serial no.

Have to keep a sharp eye out on forums and yahoo auctions as well.

you can also post in HardwareZone, VR-Zone as these are IT portals....

Honestly hope of getting it back is not high. If I were thief, I would

1) Format Harddisk
    2) Remove all those stickers
    3) Clean it up and maybe put on garskin
    4) Sell it off or use it myself.

However do make a police report cos if you are lucky maybe it is found or surrendered to the police. They will give you a call.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    Honestly hope of getting it back is not high. If I were thief, I would

1) Format Harddisk
    2) Remove all those stickers
    3) Clean it up and maybe put on garskin
    4) Sell it off or use it myself.

However do make a police report cos if you are lucky maybe it is found or surrendered to the police. They will give you a call.
    I am really not sure how you are helping scratcher by posting this. I see this post more of an opportunity to mock his loss.

thanks
    Sorry to hear that, will keep a look out.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Quote Originally Posted by cityofangels View Post
    I am really not sure how you are helping scratcher by posting this. I see this post more of an opportunity to mock his loss.
    I am being realistic, no point posting "my condolences" "hope you find it back". I am telling him frankly what is happening to his laptop now. And if you read carefully, I did tell him to make a police report so that in case the laptop is reported in, he will be contacted by the police. READ BEFORE YOU FIRE.....
    Last edited by centuryegg; 21st August 2007 at 01:08 PM.

Member/Tangshooter

Can we trace the MAC address if this bugger goes online?
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.