Thread: Schneider Componon-S 4.0/80mm

Default Schneider Componon-S 4.0/80mm

i;v posted this in the equipment discussion part. but no one seems to have any answers replies or anything. so i figured i'd ask here.

i've been seeing this photographer
    using that lens to take shots that look similar to the output of tilt shift lens. i'm wondering what is it. cause i cant seem to find much information about it.

that photographer is AWESOME

Default Re: Schneider Componon-S 4.0/80mm

That's an enlarging lens used in darkroom work.

Basically, slap it on some kind of bellows and you're good to go! Shoule be quite a cheap set-up too! Probably less than SGD200-300 max for everything you should need. Seen it on e-bay for less than US20 - 30. Just have to hunt for the stuff. Google is your friend!
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 19th August 2007 at 06:30 PM.

how does that guy use the lens to take photos that use it to take 'tilt shift' photos?

Upper Bukit Timah

You can mount the lens onto a bellow(with tilt and shift movement), then to your camera via an adaptor. I think Novaflex makes the bellow.

so i need a bellow with tiltshift movement and a EF adaptor to work it. thanks guys!

The Novoflex Balpro T/S has a version with the Componen lens that u r referrin perm fixed onto it. I think it retails for less than the price of any of the Canon T/S lenses, and will let you tilt more than the T/S lenses

Or u can look at the Horseman LD as well.

In the void.

I believe Jyune-san from Bitter girls is using a Zoerk MFS setup, they have customised mounts using these enlarger lenses. However, I find them a bit pricey, especially since you have to order them in the US(or Germany). So finding the bellow setup is a better alternative.