Thread: Schneider Componon-S 4.0/80mm

Default Schneider Componon-S 4.0/80mm

i;v posted this in the equipment discussion part. but no one seems to have any answers replies or anything. so i figured i'd ask here.

i've been seeing this photographer http://blog.so-net.ne.jp/photolog/
    using that lens to take shots that look similar to the output of tilt shift lens. i'm wondering what is it. cause i cant seem to find much information about it.

that photographer is AWESOME

Default Re: Schneider Componon-S 4.0/80mm

That's an enlarging lens used in darkroom work.

Basically, slap it on some kind of bellows and you're good to go! Shoule be quite a cheap set-up too! Probably less than SGD200-300 max for everything you should need. Seen it on e-bay for less than US20 - 30. Just have to hunt for the stuff.

http://www.google.com.sg/search?hl=e...G=Search&meta= Google is your friend!
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 19th August 2007 at 06:30 PM.

how does that guy use the lens to take photos that use it to take 'tilt shift' photos?

You can mount the lens onto a bellow(with tilt and shift movement), then to your camera via an adaptor. I think Novaflex makes the bellow.

so i need a bellow with tiltshift movement and a EF adaptor to work it. thanks guys!

The Novoflex Balpro T/S has a version with the Componen lens that u r referrin perm fixed onto it. I think it retails for less than the price of any of the Canon T/S lenses, and will let you tilt more than the T/S lenses

Or u can look at the Horseman LD as well.

I believe Jyune-san from Bitter girls is using a Zoerk MFS setup, they have customised mounts using these enlarger lenses. However, I find them a bit pricey, especially since you have to order them in the US(or Germany). So finding the bellow setup is a better alternative.