Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The worlds most powerfull predator

Default Re: The worlds most powerfull predator

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me pointing out that it should be "powerful" instead of "powerfull"; a common mistake among many of us.

lol iteach OTing...

anyway, i like the overall pic...
    i think that a tighter crop isnt neccessary, as there is this "in the wild" kinda feeling with the background there and the grass stickint out...
    that kitty has one CUTE NOSE!!!
    --

Great Picture! A few people commented on the grass sticking out and the green OOF vegetation on the left but i have to disagree...i think the grass and vegetation all adds to the image.

I agree with Nikonnewbie... it's the wilderness, it's not like as if you can ask the cat to pose for you.

amazing shot! love it

Rare chance to have a shot like that great work! But may be can crop into portrait mode to see the effect!

i think it was a great shot. Personally i would have preferred a 'portrait' style then a landscape. It would have framed the leopard better.

Hi folks,

thank you very much for all your comments. I really never thought about cropping this picture to a portrait. But maybe you are right...? I will try and check it out.

In the meanwhile I will post some pictures from another country and wait what you guys have to say about it...

If someone is interested I have a new blog article on my homepage about namibia:
    http://www.wolfgangsteiner.com/blog-...blogid-40.html

Enjoy it...

Best regards from vienna

Wolfgang

PS.: Specially to my friends Chips

I love this shot! I'm partial to cats (big and small) and this really captures the leopard in its domain.
    I remember a character in a movie (forgot which movie though) talking about lions in a zoo, and how you could tell from their eyes which were born in captivity and which were captured (and still wild at heart). This leopard has a gaze that just says 'wild'.
    I wouldn't crop it either, because the surroundings, and the dappled lighting, help to tell the story of this secretive, wild creature.

Nice!Very strong gaze
    pity bout the branch in front of the mouth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12