View Poll Results: Who suffered from recent meltdown?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Got shares, stuck on my portfiolio and am stuck with a lot of paper value loss

    9 75.00%
  • Cut loss and now waiting to stay invested

    2 16.67%
  • Sold everything on the high and out

    1 8.33%
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 394

Thread: Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

  1. #301
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

    Quote Originally Posted by USM View Post
    I can see buyers coming in.

    Sell down creates buying opportunities.

    Huat!

  2. #302

    Default Re: Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

    Defensive counters - ComfortDelGro and SBS. Profits year after year.

  3. #303
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

    Quote Originally Posted by USM View Post
    Defensive counters - ComfortDelGro and SBS. Profits year after year.
    SBS profits down 30% due to GST hike

    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...311141/1/.html

  4. #304

    Default Re: Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    SBS profits down 30% due to GST hike

    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...311141/1/.html
    That's the best way to pacify the public to stop critisim for raising fares.

  5. #305

    Default Re: Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

    Quote Originally Posted by USM View Post
    That's the best way to pacify the public to stop critisim for raising fares.
    Are you mad? Someone else will probably stand up to say that the SBS management mismanaged!

  6. #306

    Default Re: Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

    Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    Are you mad? Someone else will probably stand up to say that the SBS management mismanaged!
    Yes, if mismanaged, then raise fare next year lor to bring profit to the same level. Just think of a reason to do so.

  7. #307

    Default Re: Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

    Markets cheong!!!

    Most broking houses advised their clients not to short sell because the markets will U-turn anytime.

    What goes down must come up.

    Huat!

  8. #308
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Land of the woods........
    Posts
    1,360

    Default Re: Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    SBS profits down 30% due to GST hike

    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...311141/1/.html
    Oh well.....they're gonna use that as an excuse to raise fares....

  9. #309

    Default Re: Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    SBS profits down 30% due to GST hike

    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...311141/1/.html
    Bullshit lah... the 2% increase in GST could cause a 30% slid in profit. Or izzit those Ppl in the top management getting bigger pay increase and better bonuses ??

  10. #310

    Default Re: Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    SBS profits down 30% due to GST hike

    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...311141/1/.html
    This is again the power of the media to create smokescreen.

    Read in between the lines.

    SBS's profit dipped 30% in Q3 due to the payment of S$2.6 million for GST. Where does the money go? Isn't it obvious.

    For the 1st nine months 2007, SBS has made S$41.6 million, an increase of 2.4%.

    Therefore, don't just read the headline, read the content and digest it.

  11. #311
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

    Was the profit increase more than 30% on the previous few year?
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  12. #312
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

    Quote Originally Posted by USM View Post
    This is again the power of the media to create smokescreen.

    Read in between the lines.

    SBS's profit dipped 30% in Q3 due to the payment of S$2.6 million for GST. Where does the money go? Isn't it obvious.

    For the 1st nine months 2007, SBS has made S$41.6 million, an increase of 2.4%.

    Therefore, don't just read the headline, read the content and digest it.
    to put in simple sense : right pocket goes to left pocket on the same pants.

  13. #313
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default Re: Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    to put in simple sense : right pocket goes to left pocket on the same pants.
    get the big brother to impose certain tax/regulation on SBS, SMRT, SingPowe Singtel.
    then these company sure suffering in dip in the profit.

    there u go...!! valid reason to increase the price.

  14. #314

    Default Re: Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

    I think it's time to break your piggy bank ..... buy some stocks now!
    always the Light, .... always.

  15. #315
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    I think it's time to break your piggy bank ..... buy some stocks now!
    no.. not now.. it will go further further.. 3300

  16. #316
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

    Singapore Raises GDP Forecasts on Services, Building

    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...bB0&refer=home


  17. #317

    Default Re: Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

    Traditionally in Nov-Dec month, the market is very quiet as most fund managers / traders are on leave to celebrate the festive season.

    Therefore, the market can swing very fast due to lack of volume.

  18. #318
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

    Quote Originally Posted by USM View Post
    Traditionally in Nov-Dec month, the market is very quiet as most fund managers / traders are on leave to celebrate the festive season.

    Therefore, the market can swing very fast due to lack of volume.
    3200-3300, else it will not fully correct.
    Last edited by raincool2005; 19th November 2007 at 08:39 PM.

  19. #319

    Default Re: Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

    Ha ha! Markets dropping like what some investment gurus said they would. Looks like there will be some support in the near term for Singapore based solely on technical analysis. Can't say the same for HK and China though. Window dressing period coming up soon, not sure if this will be able to provide some impetus for the markets to rebound before the end of the year.

  20. #320
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

    Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    Ha ha! Markets dropping like what some investment gurus said they would. Looks like there will be some support in the near term for Singapore based solely on technical analysis. Can't say the same for HK and China though. Window dressing period coming up soon, not sure if this will be able to provide some impetus for the markets to rebound before the end of the year.
    things has changed, world biggest consumer America will be buying less due to weaker dollar..

    i hope our Singapore companies are not depending too much on America to buy things.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •