Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Too old to worK till 65?

Default Re: Too old to worK till 65?

After working till 62 I think most people have already had enough of 36 years or so of slogging without having to get a lower pay job and do something mundane and less rewarding.

I guess one way out of this is probably self-employment which you can decide when you are going to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    After working till 62 I think most people have already had enough of 36 years or so of slogging without having to get a lower pay job and do something mundane and less rewarding.

I guess one way out of this is probably self-employment which you can decide when you are going to retire.

think i will d ah-pek selling drinks to students in primary sch. slack ah.

That's what I trying to say. The minister just talk only, ask them to work as cleaner at their retirement age? Do you think they want to do it? Who do the work? The people...us.
    The election just a year ago only, they come out so many funny idea so-call helping us? Just one trip to Japan and they decide for us that we should carry on working at the age of 67?

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Does he need to work? Does he even work?
    Last edited by ghost77; 22nd August 2007 at 11:39 AM.

Think about it: in 15 - 20 yrs time, with improvement in Medical Science, more people will be able to live over 100 yrs old. How many of you think that your kid (1 child family?) will support you? If you are 100 yrs old, your kid will be 70 yrs old if you have 1 child at 30 yrs old. If they are the only kid in their family, they will need to look after you and their in-laws too.

vince123123
    Guests

Well too bad that those who could vote, voted the way they did.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost77 View Post
    That's what I trying to say. The minister just talk only, ask them to work as cleaner at their retirement age? Do you think they want to do it? Who do the work? The people...us.
    The election just a year ago only, they come out so many funny idea so-call helping us? Just one trip to Japan and they decide for us that we should carry on working at the age of 67?

Living to age of 100? Just Urban legend lah.

Science can make you younger meh? Science can cure all the diseases meh?

What I can think of is they are producing more & more chemical, polluting the earth, polluting human body system. YOu still think you can live longer?

Do not rely on statistic alone. It is not reliable. Who knows 20 years down the road, what might happen to human being. Maybe scientists are overly optimistic, just like decades ago they envisioned a better life on earth for future generations to come by relying on technologies and chemical. Look at what happens now, the earth is on the brim of calamities. All attributed to many the development of science.

Trees & forests are depleting, oceans are poisoned, ice at the north is melting; Who contributed to these changes? The optimistic scientists!

Member/Tangshooter

i oni see more ppl around besides me dying at a younger age..not many that i noe live past 80..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

people live longer now? is it so ? i only read more news of YOUNG people died of heart attack, or rather 'silent attack' - cardiac arrest even when the person appears to be healthy, having healthy diet and suddenly die, just like that.

not sure if i want to retire in sg anymore. better fire myself before sg fires me
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

first I would like to say that "hate" is the wrong word to use. aiya. why put that word out in the first place? ok. I apologise about that word. I use "dislike" ok? haha.

I am definitely not racist. If you are a parent, will you approve that your daughter bring back a boyfriend that is of different race? some people will approve some won't. personnal choice ok? are parents like that racist?

mod, please don't get me wrong ok. cannot reply there since the thread got closed.

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    first I would like to say that "hate" is the wrong word to use. aiya. why put that word out in the first place? ok. I apologise about that word. I use "dislike" ok? haha.

I am definitely not racist. If you are a parent, will you approve that your daughter bring back a boyfriend that is of different race? some people will approve some won't. personnal choice ok? are parents like that racist?

mod, please don't get me wrong ok. cannot reply there since the thread got closed.
    well apparently you're not colorblind. your counterpoint here about parents not approving interracial dating just reinforced that perception about you. Since all you talk about always seems to keep going back towards the issue of race and origin.
    Last edited by garou12; 22nd August 2007 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    i oni see more ppl around besides me dying at a younger age..not many that i noe live past 80..
    Wondering who gets their CPF?

Member/Tangshooter

wah bro..u come from which thread one? i dun understand a single word...

Member/Tangshooter

i think the doctors wipeout a big portion..not much left for the children..

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    wah bro..u come from which thread one? i dun understand a single word...
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=305214
    he came from there. Should start his own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    well apparently you're not colorblind. your counterpoint here about parents not approving interracial dating just reinforced that perception about you.
    thanks. I needed that. what is your perception? this is kopi diam. i understand there is some freedom, but that is not racist lah! PRC chinese and singaporean chinese is the same race!

If i am racist, then loads of NS men in my camp are all racist for "disliking" certain people. I would characterize this as anti-globalization.

so pls lah. I am not racist lah. but anyway sorry to those people in this forum that thought that that post is racist.

Heard if you are single and you have no other beside you, all your money goes to the charities. Imagine all your money go to the Old NKF? Woo, your hard earned money, other people benefit.

Member/Tangshooter

thanks. I needed that. what is your perception? this is kopi diam. i understand there is some freedom, but that is not racist lah! PRC chinese and singaporean chinese is the same race!

If i am racist, then loads of NS men in my camp are all racist for "disliking" certain people. I would characterize this as anti-globalization.

so pls lah. I am not racist lah. but anyway sorry to those people in this forum that thought that that post is racist.
    bro..i understand ur point..but this kind of issue better not discuss openly..we can discuss privately thru PM..

To tackle a policy, we shall at all time judge it rationally..think of the short-term and long-term effects..the effects on different groups of ppl..

then start your own thread and spew your venom there don't ot other people's, since you're all chinese then why you make the distinction of where you're from? Apologies to ts for ot.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost77 View Post
    The next big thing is we have another category of lowly-paid singaporean workers being taken advantage of because of their newly acquired label of "retirement workers'. No choice, you have to work because you can't withdraw the money earlier.

All in the name of economy and competition. Unless you are rich now, if not you can't escape from that grim destiny.

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by dkw
    If it is different things, and cannot be compared, how can it be unfair??? One in an annuity paid out from your own contributions, sorta like a savings or fixed deposit, for your old age needs, the other is a grant to a student from an institution, with likely conditions of bond attached and the expectation that the individual will be making contributions in the future with regards to filling a skills gap and making tax contributions.

Different initiatives for completely different purposes. Where is the unfairness?

Tell you what, lets change the law right now. All over 62 years should get a $100,000 top up in CASH, don't matter what you spend on. You can got to Vegas, take your round the world trip. If you are destitute at 63, after splurging your money, the g-ment will continue to provide your housing and healthcare till you perish, on average at age 80, to the tune of $50,000 a year. Total cost per indivdual = $950,000. Estimatyed population of SG above 62 = 10% x 4 million = 400,000. Total cost per annum = $50,000 x 400,000 = $20 billion.

In order to support this, we can either;

1) Draw down foreign reserves, which at $20 bn a year, will run dry in 6-7 years, or

2) Increase taxes for working adults. $20 bn a year spread over 2 million working adults will mean an increase in income tax of an average of $10,000/person/year.

Ok, now you happy?
    Source:http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost....8&postcount=16

Pretty interesting mathematics:
    Estimated population of SG above 62 = 10% x 4 million = 400,000
    Estimated minimum retaining sum in CPF at the age of 62 = $100,000
    Amount of money gov. have to set aside for the elderly withdrawal = 400,000x100,000 = $40billion

With the ageing population, the figure will increase annually, who wouldn't want to hold back this amount..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast