Thread: Underwater Housing

Default Underwater Housing

Iím currently using a Canon G3 and would be heading to Thailand next month for a 3 weeks dive trip.

Was hoping to bring my G3 underwater havenít got much success finding a reasonably priced underwater housings.

Another option I had was to replace my G3 since the camera is already pretty old.

Some of the options Iím considering include the Panasonic FZ-18, Olympus SP-550 and the Canon S5 IS. Any comments on the above camera?

I need my camera to have heaps of zoom and also an available underwater housing. Does the above mentioned models have a underwater housing?

Any suggestions on prices for underwater housings or any divers here with similar experiences to share?

Off the shoulder of Orion, near the Tannhauser gate

Default Re: Underwater Housing

Quote Originally Posted by jerhan View Post
    Iím currently using a Canon G3 and would be heading to Thailand next month for a 3 weeks dive trip.

Was hoping to bring my G3 underwater havenít got much success finding a reasonably priced underwater housings.

Another option I had was to replace my G3 since the camera is already pretty old.

Some of the options Iím considering include the Panasonic FZ-18, Olympus SP-550 and the Canon S5 IS. Any comments on the above camera?

I need my camera to have heaps of zoom and also an available underwater housing. Does the above mentioned models have a underwater housing?

Any suggestions on prices for underwater housings or any divers here with similar experiences to share?
    Hi and welcome. I think you are better off posting your query on the Underwater Photography subforum - http://forums.clubsnap.org/forumdisplay.php?f=69

Why don't you go ahead and post it there first, there are tons of keen underwater photographers there who will be more than happy to help.

Default Re: Underwater Housing

http://www.fantasea.com/default.asp - a gd site with alot of underwater photography casings.