So APPA (Anti Piracy of Photography Association) anyone? I've no chinks to start, but I've got the brains. It's a sure win business. Only those without conscience need apply.
btw, most probably graphics related companies will download the images like mad, instead of minors at home, so you don't have to worry about getting the kind of uproar Xedo did
Last edited by eikin; 21st August 2007 at 06:09 PM.
Then we can just start sending threatening letters. Some are sure to have downloaded something, and will kwai kwai pay one. The average mentality is not to question those 'who have law on their side'.
How? Are you in?
what impact does it send out Globally for Singapore?
Will that impact be what the Gahment wants?
Or will Gahment wait this closely, and step in when necessary to make sure a successful precedence is set?
SGD$15 million for ODEX to bite into, is small money compared to the amount of investments which the Gahment hopes to draw from overseas... its in billions and billions......
so IMHO, the real mountain in this case here is the gahment.
who know...ODEX might just be a puppet....
because for ODEX to run such a campaign,
it must have in it , coiffers like a huge and deep pocket.
qns, could this pocket have been financed by the Gahment?
if indeed true, dun no matter what anyone says, its pointless to the point of no return....
Last edited by richliow; 21st August 2007 at 08:15 PM.
this is the first time in my history of posting that my thread spawn pages.
back to topic...defense for pple...just thought of a few points while jogging just now...
1) legality of "evidence" obtained by xedo...i read somewhere that someone did a test using bt and found that the "evidence" is akin to someone seeing u entering a building where murder took place, and accuse you of murder...however no concrete evidence..can someone enlighten me?
2) physical evidence. i think this would have to be the police physically scanning your HDD for evidence of downloaded anime. there are various *ahem* tools that are U.S DOD compliant...not saying anything here
3) xedo acting on behalf of jap coys or on its own? it says it represents the jap coys, but not sure whether the jap coys are even giving a damn to what's happening
4) xedo saying sales fallen due to downloading. arguable coz 99% of the list they put up which they have "distribution rights" are not even on sale.
5) IF xedo does press civil charges though, one impt key concern is which line the judge is standing on. top of my mind is that if judge says xedo has no case, it may seem to other countries that sg does not respect IP, which is contrary to what our garmen is trying to tell the other countries
mi not legal trained hor....just my 2.5 cents worth of thoughs
What happend if you download from an external overseas server (HK/China/Malaysia) and then direct to your home server? Just wondering if it's the same? Are they able to trace that?
Just curious if it's possible............