Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Forced to get of Shears Bridge at the very last min!

Default Re: Forced to get of Shears Bridge at the very last min!

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    If day 1 bridge close but day 2 bridge open. May I offer my humble ideas to maybe why so.

1) Yesterday's closure was a mistake and after finding out, the officer who ordered it got blasted. Maybe they forgot that the order to close the bridge was only for NDP and not the fireworks. Hence mistake rectified and today they opened the bridge.

2) Day 1 of performance, some of our beloved leaders were there to watch the performance with their families. To protect their safety, we made the wise decision to ban all possible security risk from the bridge.

Just my humble opinons.
    3) Ministers read this thread and had a change of heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    3) Ministers read this thread and had a change of heart.
    4) The organisers realised it was a left over instruction from NDP.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Default Re: Forced to get off Shears Bridge at the very last min!

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    this isnt being fair to singapore you know. not happy? move elsewhere to whereever you can be treated "first class"?!
    leave politics to the big guys. study well and score A for your O levels.
    humans are political animals. there is no right or wrong answer. you have your supporters and we have ours.

politics is like that. suppression always exist. oppo is good to keep the main guys on their feet. there are leftists in all countries. this is natural. it is just that the left wing intellectuals are more or less suppressed in this country. this is life.

the main guys here have once been the oppo before. now that they are in power, of course they want to keep the status quo.

there are many versions of truth. what is true to you may not be true for others. your reality and world maybe different from others.

this is just general talk. not specific to this land. so no infractions pls.

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    leave politics to the big guys. study well and score A for your O levels.
    humans are political animals. there is no right or wrong answer. you have your supporters and we have ours.

politics is like that. suppression always exist. oppo is good to keep the main guys on their feet. there are leftists in all countries. this is natural. it is just that the left wing intellectuals are more or less suppressed in this country. this is life.

the main guys here have once been the oppo before. now that they are in power, of course they want to keep the status quo.

there are many versions of truth. what is true to you may not be true for others. your reality and world maybe different from others.

this is just general talk. not specific to this land. so no infractions pls.
    Very well said. no doubt in life and in aywhere would be find both sides of a coin.
    or oppressors and stuff.
    however, i think it is not being fair to slander the country.
    for an example, " i cant believe it. i do not think its fair to chase us down like that without prior warnings and no apologies after doing so." .... do not point fingers and stuff, i find it childish and not that we are treated "second class" please!..thank the country for everything you have. i think we are all treated pretty well.
    of course, you can have your grudges, but perhaps more sensible ones? its is natural to treat our own countrymen better or those that contribute more. and mind you, i am in great disfavour of the "chinese foreign talents"...those kind of people also called talents..

Lastly THANKS for getting me to score my As.. = ) just my 0.000000000002cents

maybe can get some ideas/inspiration from this thread...

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=296456

Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    Man. I dont know what's going on with Singapore with all these rubbish going on, but truly, this is something that really pisses me off very badly.

Just earlier on (on friday, 17th aug), there's the all so mighty Singapore Fireworks Festival, and like other poor guys here, i dont have the money to book a hotel room. Neither do i have any links with STB or the organizers. so naturally, i went up to Shears Bridge, since i guess that's the only place where i could get nice Singaporean Scenery + fireworks. (Marina East wont cut. i dont drive.)

and so, left work at 5pm, reach that bridge at 6pm. found a good spot and enjoyed the nice breeze while waiting for the show to start.

right at about 8.15pm, some Police officers showed up, and we were told to clear the place immediately! i was like wtf?!

the show start at 9pm, and at 8.15pm, they appear and ask us to leave?! i mean, there was no advisory ANYWHERE, nor any signs nor any personal earlier on to warn us.

man. i went early to camp and right at the last min, this sorta thing happened.

now, i have that very strong impression that fireworks is only meant for the rich, expats, and of course, people who're very darn free to go esplanade bridge to camp. period

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post

No sound no picture then last minute kena chased.

But over liao... noise also make liao... time to move on even when feeling .
    If I were you, I'll remember this till the next election ends...
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    But you'll never know if your are trading the bridge for the whole M.bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    oh btw, to add on, the bridge was open today, with more photogs then yesterday.
    strange. Sat I was walking up Shears Bridge with friends at about 8.40pm, stopped by mata say its closed and they are now chasing ppl down the bridge
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

I went to STB site, apparently they are giving tix free tho those tourists... and we hav to pay.
    I was wondering too. Where to get tickets. Then I hear this.
    Tickets not for public?

Someone wrote to TODAY and complained about this incident. page 20

very sad indeed..i wanted the bridge on sat..knowing that its closed on fri..i went elsewhere..*sob*...

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    I was wondering too. Where to get tickets. Then I hear this.
    Tickets not for public?
    write to TODAY and complain about STB

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    interesting thing is near the end of the article.. there are those who refused to obey and gets to stay.

interesting thing is near the end of the article.. there are those who refused to obey and gets to stay.
    double-standard? looks like it. so those who obeyed are losers lah...

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    You make a decision based on such an incident?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post

Well done. Good feedback. Let the authority wakeup!

I think they later realise that they had made a mistake.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456