Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Forced to get of Shears Bridge at the very last min!

Default Re: Forced to get of Shears Bridge at the very last min!

Can anione confirm.. I tot I saw some photogs at shears bridge during today's fireworks 9+PM still there.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Default Re: Forced to get off Shears Bridge at the very last min!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    Man. I dont know what's going on with Singapore with all these rubbish going on, but truly, this is something that really pisses me off very badly.

Just earlier on (on friday, 17th aug), there's the all so mighty Singapore Fireworks Festival, and like other poor guys here, i dont have the money to book a hotel room. Neither do i have any links with STB or the organizers. so naturally, i went up to Shears Bridge, since i guess that's the only place where i could get nice Singaporean Scenery + fireworks. (Marina East wont cut. i dont drive.)

and so, left work at 5pm, reach that bridge at 6pm. found a good spot and enjoyed the nice breeze while waiting for the show to start.

right at about 8.15pm, some Police officers showed up, and we were told to clear the place immediately! i was like wtf?!

the show start at 9pm, and at 8.15pm, they appear and ask us to leave?! i mean, there was no advisory ANYWHERE, nor any signs nor any personal earlier on to warn us.

man. i went early to camp and right at the last min, this sorta thing happened.

now, i have that very strong impression that fireworks is only meant for the rich, expats, and of course, people who're very darn free to go esplanade bridge to camp. period
    what do you mean other poor guys here?
    and no, i think it isnt fair to say singapore only for the rich, expats and blahblahblah. not happy? go complain luh .... furthermore, there must have been a reason for the police to get you guys to clear away. however, i admit not giving prewarnings seemed very wrong of them

the rich, expats and FTs will have helicopters.
    you all make the expats sound like some godlike -.-
    anw whats FT?

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    we are second class citizens in our own country!
    this isnt being fair to singapore you know. not happy? move elsewhere to whereever you can be treated "first class"?!

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    this isnt being fair to singapore you know. not happy? move elsewhere to whereever you can be treated "first class"?!
    what are you doing here at this time? shouldn't you be studying for O levels? if not shouldn't you be sleeping?

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    no point lah... get standard answer

"...blah blah blah..."security/safety" concerns... blah blah blah...."

the country is not dumb. they must have their reasons.

Can anione confirm.. I tot I saw some photogs at shears bridge during today's fireworks 9+PM still there.
    i was at the floating gallery (yes, i found some links to STB) and yes, there were ONE WHOLE FARKING ROW OF PHOTOGS ON THE BRIDGE TODAY

omfg.

i'm speachless. really speachless

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    what are you doing here at this time? shouldn't you be studying for O levels? if not shouldn't you be sleeping?
    HI EIKIN! ahhahaha im doing amaths now. urgh... sorry luh. just though about popping into cs..then see people flaming say we 2nd class in our own country. see people say we poor, only ang moh and expats rich...pls luh, you all really think thats the case?!

off to amaths now

the country is not dumb. they must have their reasons.
    if so, what are the reasons?

Dont know about you guys, I experience the much said national celebration by feeling the vibrations of the fireworks. No chance to shoot either as weather and vantage points not ideal.

As for F1, same thing, smell exhaust fumes will be a good privillege. Wanna shoot? Be a bugiman and/or hide inside a dustbin with an 80mm punctured hole.

if so, what are the reasons?
    Write in? If the reply does not satisfy, write into ST or sth, more pressure. or really sth important cropped up last min. that they may not want the public to know. Just accept it?

Write in? If the reply does not satisfy, write into ST or sth, more pressure. or really sth important cropped up last min. that they may not want the public to know. Just accept it?
    oh btw, to add on, the bridge was open today, with more photogs then yesterday.

oh btw, to add on, the bridge was open today, with more photogs then yesterday.
    i dare say i do not know the details and that i am sur eanyone and everyone would get super pissed if caught in such a situation. just keep the less sensible comments to yourself.
    anyway, maybe 8.43 got UFO sightings? top secret? military mission? we never know, and neither would they tell us if its something that important. so just MOVE ON

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Dont know about you guys, I experience the much said national celebration by feeling the vibrations of the fireworks. No chance to shoot either as weather and vantage points not ideal.

As for F1, same thing, smell exhaust fumes will be a good privillege. Wanna shoot? Be a bugiman and/or hide inside a dustbin with an 80mm punctured hole.
    hide inside dusbin nice idea, but later people throw trash how?

so just MOVE ON
    the famous move on word..

If day 1 bridge close but day 2 bridge open. May I offer my humble ideas to maybe why so.

1) Yesterday's closure was a mistake and after finding out, the officer who ordered it got blasted. Maybe they forgot that the order to close the bridge was only for NDP and not the fireworks. Hence mistake rectified and today they opened the bridge.

2) Day 1 of performance, some of our beloved leaders were there to watch the performance with their families. To protect their safety, we made the wise decision to ban all possible security risk from the bridge.

Just my humble opinons.

I went to STB site, apparently they are giving tix free tho those tourists... and we hav to pay.
    This is another example of putting up a show in front of foreigners. For locals, we all know what's this all about lah...

Singapore is a place which appears like heaven to foreigners. In actual fact, let the locals decide loh...
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Confirmed there were photogs up on Sheare's bridge tonite. Saw a whole row of them.
    So what has the police/security has to say about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bcool View Post
    Confirmed there were photogs up on Sheare's bridge tonite. Saw a whole row of them.
    So what has the police/security has to say about this?
    I have to say it's double standards. I pity those who got chased down on day 1 of SFF.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    I have to say it's double standards. I pity those who got chased down on day 1 of SFF.

No sound no picture then last minute kena chased.

But over liao... noise also make liao... time to move on even when feeling .
    Last edited by CYRN; 19th August 2007 at 08:35 AM.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast