Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forced to get of Shears Bridge at the very last min!

Default Re: Forced to get of Shears Bridge at the very last min!

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    funny, why u all choose to shoot from the bridge ? there's lotsa of vibration from the moving traffic.. u want to see "Zorro" effects on your fireworks ?
    nice perspective... did you see my post where I posted the pics before being chased away.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Default Re: Forced to get off Shears Bridge at the very last min!

Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975 View Post
    Shears Bridge is the one where cars travel right? how did u get up there? i heard the pavement is very narrow for a tripod... info me more, i m a newbie lookin for special places to shoot~
    it is not narrow at all, with at least a 3 meter wide pavement for people to walk. you could go up via millennia walk, and there's a staircase up to the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    funny, why u all choose to shoot from the bridge ? there's lotsa of vibration from the moving traffic.. u want to see "Zorro" effects on your fireworks ?
    not exactly. the fireworks i shot there during 2007's countdown wasnt bad at all!

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    SG wants to imitate Monaco. a country for the rich and famous. if you have not reach this status yet... it's just your damn luck. and a lot of us fall into this category. we are screwed in our own country.
    how did talking about fireworks lead to this?I didn't even know there was a fireworks festival going on and frankly I don't care. The whole downtown Suntec/marina area is a no go zone for me for the longest time, the traffic is terrible and I don't know how we are going to cope with the increased traffic in the future

maybe some minister was at the National Parade Stage area? They were afraid of snipers taking out one of them. That is why closed off the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    maybe some minister was at the National Parade Stage area? They were afraid of snipers taking out one of them. That is why closed off the bridge.
    that is a smart far one if it really was the case

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    how did talking about fireworks lead to this?I didn't even know there was a fireworks festival going on and frankly I don't care. The whole downtown Suntec/marina area is a no go zone for me for the longest time, the traffic is terrible and I don't know how we are going to cope with the increased traffic in the future
    the rich, expats and FTs will have helicopters.

actually it's not easy to handle an event this size, though i think i'll be really upset as well being chased down the bridge. same thing happened to me in japan, last year my friends and i went down to watch the biggest fireworks show in tokyo along sumida river and we waited on a bridge, then the police came down to chase everyone away like just 1 hour before the show, everyone cramped into alleyways to watch those half covered fireworks while the riversides and bridges were out of bounds (actually some parts of the riverside were limited to those who paid for entry and the bridges were all occupied by press) and yes the traffic was horrendous, we actually stayed back for more than an hour loitering around the place having our own fun waiting for the crowd to clear that was the last time i went down to a fireworks show in tokyo
    Last edited by eikin; 18th August 2007 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    I dunnoe why would anyone wan to snipe our beloved ministers.

aniway, i tot the bridge was too far to snipe.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    I dunnoe why would anyone wan to snipe our beloved ministers.

aniway, i tot the bridge was too far to snipe.
    if i am a terrorist, snipping from that near empty bridge is dumb. you have no where to run to, and people probably know who you are.

i'll perhaps use a rocket and blast the whole floating area instead

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    actually it's not easy to handle an event this size, though i think i'll be really upset as well being chased down the bridge. same thing happened to me in japan, last year my friends and i went down to watch the biggest fireworks show in tokyo along sumida river and we waited on a bridge, then the police came down to chase everyone away like just 1 hour before the show, everyone cramped into alleyways to watch those half covered fireworks while the riversides and bridges were out of bounds (actually some parts of the riverside were limited to those who paid for entry and the bridges were all occupied by press) and yes the traffic was horrendous, we actually stayed back for more than an hour loitering around the place having our own fun waiting for the crowd to clear that was the last time i went down to a fireworks show in tokyo
    the issue is that previously it's ok and now it's not... what gives.

mabbe next time they scared of missles from the oppiste side of the bay.. close off the entire bay area.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    if i am a terrorist, snipping from that near empty bridge is dumb. you have no where to run to, and people probably know who you are.

i'll perhaps use a rocket and blast the whole floating area instead
    in that case they hav to close off the entire bay area, inclusive of the "Sail" and IR construction site, it's a perfect launch platform and you'll not able to ID the firer from all those still working.

the issue is that previously it's ok and now it's not... what gives.

mabbe next time they scared of missles from the oppiste side of the bay.. close off the entire bay area.
    write to press and ask for explanation lor

write to press and ask for explanation lor
    no point lah... get standard answer

"...blah blah blah..."security/safety" concerns... blah blah blah...."

Blog Entries

u know folks... b4 u start shaking ur fists at the authorities, perhaps u can recall wat happened last yr during the fireworks fes?

shooters and gawkers turned the entire sheares bridge to the longest carpark in singapore for the duration of the fireworks display simply becos people were indiscriminately parking their cars on the bridge just to watch the show.

lighten up people...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

no point lah... get standard answer

"...blah blah blah..."security/safety" concerns... blah blah blah...."

then complain here also no point mah

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    u know folks... b4 u start shaking ur fists at the authorities, perhaps u can recall wat happened last yr during the fireworks fes?

shooters and gawkers turned the entire sheares bridge to the longest carpark in singapore for the duration of the fireworks display simply becos people were indiscriminately parking their cars on the bridge just to watch the show.

lighten up people...
    they didn't stop the traffic like they did in NDP.. onli the people.

*edit* sorry I can't confirm if that stopped the traffic up the SB.
    Last edited by CYRN; 18th August 2007 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post

lighten up people...
    i guess the problem is that the bridge is part of a highway, anyway they are going to shift the highway down south in future

then complain here also no point mah
    typical sporean mah. cannot officially complain tok kok in kopitiam lah.

typical sporean mah. cannot officially complain tok kok in kopitiam lah.
    actually there are things worth writing a letter, i mean it's quite expected that people will gather around the bridge for big fireworks shows, the least what should happen is some prominent sign or publication informing the public to stay away from the bridge. last minute chasing away people only shift the congestion elsewhere and clog up more places, which isn't very intelligent imo.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast